Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of Xulima II - developers are collecting feedback

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would refrain from calling names when discussing this type of thing, though, as developers who might otherwise be interested in a discussion like this could be turned away or get a negative connotation from it.
Naaaahhh. Developers who visit this place need to grow a pair of balls (metaphorical ones if female).
Everyone knows the Codex is pearls of wisdom covered in multiple layers of filth.

Can't do the name calling on other places, so venting needs to be done here ;)
And I do feel better afterwards.

Deleted Member 16721

I cringe when I see the word "retard" being used as an insult, though. We used that word a lot in grade school but as a grown adult it just isn't cool. While I agree there are layers of filth here (oh boy, do I agree on that :P) and occasionally something good is buried under it, I personally try to not add to the layers of filth. After all, someone is reading your post on the other end of the computer and could be quick to dismiss it or might not be inclinded to dig through the muck in the first place. Thus your point, which may be a very good or even great one, goes unheard.

And we definitely don't want that to happen when you are agreeing with those excellent points I have made! Jokes, but you get the idea. :)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Numantian's another new game is a zombie RTS:

ss_985eb0fc26ec91057e73299d3e8a4947cec42efd.600x338.jpg

Thread here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...nk-zombie-rts-from-lord-of-xulima-dev.115497/

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...n-epic-story-of-gods-and-humans/posts/1899201

And the Lords of Xulima sequel?
We continue conceptualizing the game in parallel with the development end of They Are Billions. We know we are very delayed, but making a deep game is a lot of work. But here are some positives:

First, LoX 2 will use the new evolved engine that will allow us to create better graphics and atmosphere. This will create a world that is much more alive. We will be able to implement many more mechanisms and challenges that we could not do in the original game. In another update, we will talk about these new features.

Second, They Are Billions is a much more commercial game. It is truly fun and addictive - even the developers spend hours and hours playing just for fun (with the excuse of finding bugs...of course :) ...). If this game is successful enough, we will be able to make a serious investment in the production of LoX 2. Perhaps then we can make the perfect game we have always envisioned with the quality that it deserves. Imagine what we could do with a high budget.

If you have followed us and our game posts during this time, you will surely know that even if They Are Billions would bring in billions of dollars, we would continue working on the LoX sequel with the same passion and will - because our story with Lords of Xulima is a love story.

And about the "evolved engine":

Technology
e2755431b547ea3743e2c2547a0794bc_original.jpg

Our main goal with this game was to simulate a realistic scenery of a zombie-apocalypse. We have worked hard to evolve our old Lords of Xulima game engine to become an ultra-performance machine. The engine can move up to 20,000 units simultaneously smoothly. And every unit has their own AI and personality. The infected have a natural behavior: they react to sound and activity, they watch what other infected do, and share their tension and feelings like a swarm. Just imagine, when you start a new game and begin to build a colony, the world generated already has thousands of infected roaming.

We want the player to feel that oppressive atmosphere, feel the colony is surrounded by thousands of infected, and consider that every step to expand the colony to reach a new resource or to grow the colony can be lethal. Combine that oppression with the constant fear that it only takes one infected to break into the colony and cause the infection to spread exponentially.

As you already know, we love hardcore games. They Are Billions in this regards is similar to Lords of Xulima - it has a lot of depth, is fairly easy to play but very difficult to master. We are sure that LoX fans will love it, give it a try!

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I asked the devs to balance the game like Sawyer would. They agreed that LoX2 needs Sawyer's touch.

Lostpleb

Learned
I hope it will be possible to drug up your soldiers for enhanced combat bonuses. I'd get them drunk on mojitos 24/7 as they fend off hordes upon hordes of their former comrades!

Alkarl

Learned
I didn't personally like LoX, it just wasn't for me. That being said, I'm glad they are still making games. I'll more than likely buy LoX2, maybe it'll grow on me or mayhap something will eventually click, and I'll be able to appreciate their works more.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Huh, the guy was a mild-mannered fanboy last month: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198293741032/posthistory

Mental breakdown?

Exactly why I asked. He very suddenly switched sides after being nothing but supportive and threw out some rather strong accusations I haven't heard anything about before then. I've noticed some odd things myself, but I won't voice them because I'm waiting and seeing if anyone else notices the same things.

It's really strange because some of the things he says almost sound like things I would say but it's not me fucking with them on an alt.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I didn't personally like LoX, it just wasn't for me. That being said, I'm glad they are still making games. I'll more than likely buy LoX2, maybe it'll grow on me or mayhap something will eventually click, and I'll be able to appreciate their works more.
What annoys me about LoX is that I didn't like it at all, yet it is my type of game. I played both LoG games recently and really enjoyed them, and MMX and loved that. But LoX is just weak imo. I am hoping the sequel will really improve stuff and not just be the same again with a few tweaks.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I liked LoX. Exploration and combat were well done, but it was a bit too formulaic and it lacked bigger and more interesting dungeons.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I found the game quite bloated. Played for over 43 hours, killed the second prince and lost all will to continue. Too much grinding and random fights, character progression too padded out, it all feels like they wanted to reach a "100 hours gameplay" time and big numbers of everything. The combat and general systems are good, but I didn't found them compelling enough to get into another 300 fights in order to finish the game.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, the ending was badly done. I killed only the first giant and then stopped.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
LoX was good, but most important facet of the game which is its combat was too "bloated" in all the wrong possible ways. don't have energy to further explain but u all know exactly what i mean.

more interesting dungeons would've mitigated the tedious combat.

sequel needs:

- no forced char, or at least if a forced char: NO FORCED CLASS

- party of 6, with...

- all of the now requisite blobber-type classes, i.e. alchemists, psionics, summoners, classic fighters, hybrid-types like samurais and paladin/lord-equivalents, basically just a 100% overhaul of the game's char classes

- honestly i'd either completely remove the level up-put-a-point-into-something scheme completely since in LoX there are only 2 stats that affect in-game stuff (i.e. always pump speed and that other one i forget what it was); instead have them learn abilities/skills upon reaching a specific level, and then elite shit upon a higher level

- add option to add backgrounds/traits/ex-skills/etc after rolling a char to spice things up.

- make the plant stuff more intuitive and roll it up into a unified crafting/enchanting system and not force player to dump points into that nonsense. make it a core system mechanic.

- remove trainers. LoX devolves quickly into always spamming trainers to min-max level ups. that is so disgusting. Sawyer-would-not-approve.

- i dunno just make it overall tons better and like, maybe make a first-person view for dungeons and shit. i dunno. WHAT DO U THINK?

EDIT: oh yeah, completely do over the entire game's item list and the way item stats interact with char stats and enemy stats.

like, make items/weapons/armor actually meaningful instead of duh obvious.

some more elements like the "random" Hounds atking party would be welcome, except more hard-core and have the player actually fear these events. that was almost cool in LoX 1.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom