Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurtistan bans video games to promote higher morals, world shrugs.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Uzbekistan has banned a long list of computer games deemed to be "distorting values" and "threatening stability".

The list includes several violent games but also global hits like Grand Theft Auto and innocuous classics like The Sims.

The ban makes it illegal to import and distribute the games across the central Asian country.

Reactions online have been swift and range from ridicule and anger to genuine support.

The list itself

High notes:

# Only two games on the list from before 2003.
# Only the first Mass Effect and first Dead Space games seem to be banned, while Doom 1 and 2 seem to be OK.
# Even remote corners of the world like Uzbekistan seem to know that Left 4 Dead 3 is in development.
# "Until down" is but one "s" away from being the Best Review Ever for Until Dawn.
# Postal 2 tops the list. *sounds of high-fives coming from Running With Scissors studio*

Thoughts?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Uzbekistan has banned a long list of computer games deemed to be "distorting values" and "threatening stability".

The list includes several violent games but also global hits like Grand Theft Auto and innocuous classics like The Sims.

The ban makes it illegal to import and distribute the games across the central Asian country.

Reactions online have been swift and range from ridicule and anger to genuine support.

The list itself

High notes:

# Only two games on the list from before 2003.
# Only the first Mass Effect and first Dead Space games seem to be banned, while Doom 1 and 2 seem to be OK.
# Even remote corners of the world like Uzbekistan seem to know that Left 4 Dead 3 is in development.
# "Until down" is but one "s" away from being the Best Review Ever for Until Dawn.
# Postal 2 tops the list. *sounds of high-fives coming from Running With Scissors studio*

Thoughts?
I don't think they have hardware to run most of the banned games anyways, at most they have systems like Mustawd's.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Doom is a 25 year old game, even nuns wouldn't find it violent today, unlike dismemberment simulator Dead Space so there's nothing weird about that choice.

Still, the list is pretty inconsistent, like the person who made it randomly saw some games in his kids shelf.

Why only RE4 and not the rest? Why only GTA:SA and AssCreed Brotherhood and not GTA V or Revelations ?

The question is, is steam gonna stop selling these in Uzbekistan?

Mark Richard

Arcane
So the usual suspects - violent shooters like Postal 2 & Hatred and some games which contain homosexuality like Mass Effect & The Sims. There's still a couple of curveballs though. I've never heard of a country banning a game that doesn't exist.

Doom is a 25 year old game, even nuns wouldn't find it violent today, unlike dismemberment simulator Dead Space so there's nothing weird about that choice.
Guess so. Nobody bothers digging up the Atari 2600 catalogue to ban Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

hellbent

Augur
So, New Vegas made their list, but Fallout 3 & 4 did not? :retarded:

I guess having better C&C, tighter scripting, and more engaging characters really set off the fucktardistans. Further proof of the banality of evil.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
The Sims 3 and 4, the games that introduced same sex relationships. Good choice.

Max Stats

Liturgist
Only the first Mass Effect and first Dead Space games seem to be banned
games which contain homosexuality like Mass Effect

Weird, ME1 has the least homosexing of any ME. Only "agender" liara being carpet munched by femshep as a lesbo option, with no faggy options. Meanwhile each sequel seems to keep upping the ante, and by ME3, Kaiden, the only hetero option for femshep in ME1, welp, he's down to clown as a fag with broshep for some reason.:mixedemotions::decline::retarded:

Severian Silk

They should ban games that feature left-handed people due to their connection to Satan.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
So, New Vegas made their list, but Fallout 3 & 4 did not? :retarded:

I guess having better C&C, tighter scripting, and more engaging characters really set off the fucktardistans. Further proof of the banality of evil.
Probably mad about how often people complain about taxes in New Vegas. Won't do letting the citizens have the wrong opinions in their videogames.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Funny how the mainstream media failed to report this !

SAD !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom