Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition GOG celebrates RPG Week, MS Paint your way to a copy of Tyranny or Pillars of Eternity

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
LOL Cleve with horns

thesoup

Arcane
LundB asked me to enter his modesty mod on his behalf to this contest. Started out at this thread, inspired by Berzee, a veteran at modding modesty in otherwise immodest games.

Thread where it all started can be found here. It's not a long thread so reading it all shouldn't be a problem, more so because it's a fun little thread.
Download link is here.

For your convenience, I will paste the general content to this thread.

Information about it and installation:
WITCHER MODESTY MOD R2

Inspired by our fine new friend Berzee, I have attempted
to make the distressingly immodest game "The Witcher", by the
godless Potatoes known as CDProjekt, slightly more morally acceptable.
To that end, I have made the disgusting 'sex cards'
more palatable to a good and modest individual.

I believe you can get rid of the sex movies by deleting their BIK files, but I can't test that right now.

These files cover the Prologue and Chapter I, as well as the cards I altered for the initial preview.

R2 UPDATE: Chapter II cards are now also safe for your innocent eyes! I recommend downloading the censored
dryad models however. Bonus virtue-points if you can find a custom model resembling my modest artistic reimagining
of the dryad.

To install this mod, find your Witcher install directory, and put the .dds files in:
[game directory]/data/textures

You may need to make the textures folder yourself.

If this doesn't work (it should), you may need to do some packing and unpacking of game files,
I don't know, I don't even have the game installed right now. However, tell me, so I can try to find a solution.

Modest pictures of the infamous romance cards:
iZt8aJ.png

9unmfm.png

VuKzUB.png

9z4Ujw.png

zMlvf.jpg

p8qn8.jpg

n90o9e.png

HsqQt.jpg

QXWDP.jpg

hBOzE.jpg

DJY9j.jpg

And finally, the main love interess, the exotic sorceress Triss Merigold, the most modest of all:
fuj3F.jpg

Why didn't LundB post all this himself? Simple, he promised long ago that he would not log in to codex until he finished his modesty mod (or Codex got an Assassin's Creed subforum :M )

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I tried to pack them all into one 64x64px pixel art png

Original Size:
grimoire_by_nekot_the_brave-dbas718.png

At 800%
800percentpng_by_nekot_the_brave-dbas702.png

I wish there were a pixel grid on paint. But it's got a background with mostly PoE stuff and some out of place adra, then geralt and his horse, then the tyranny purple guy leaking purple into the river and grimoire chiseled into the sandstone or whatever.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: GWENT; MS Paint Competition; Pillars of Eternity; The Witcher 3; Tyranny

Do you like RPGs? Do you like the Witcher? Do you like Card Games? Do you like Tyranny? Do you like Pillars of Eternity?

Trick question, of course you do. You love Pillars of Eternity.

To announce the Public Beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, GOG are running a celebratory RPG week with discounts on a few RPG titles:

Public Beta: GWENT – The Witcher Card Game
May 24th marks the anticipated start of the GWENT Public Beta – together with CD PROJEKT RED, we're thrilled to invite every single gamer to join us in-game and smash a few card kegs. Simply check out GWENT on GOG.com starting on May 24, 4:00 PM CEST to join us!

Celebratory RPG Week
We're celebrating GWENT's origins with a weeklong sale on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and expansions (-50%), plus more of our favorite RPG series like Pillars of Eternity (-40%), Tyranny (-33%), Legend of Grimrock (-50%) and more up to 85% off.

On top of this, for our aRPG enthusiasts, we're happy to announce that Throne of Darkness is re-releasing on GOG – this Thursday, May 25, at 3:00 PM CEST! A 2001 action RPG with a die-hard following, Throne of Darkness bring the joys of Diablo to feudal Japan, with squad-based tactics on top of its relentless clickery.​

To help celebrate / shamelessly promote themselves, GOG are offering us 5 copies of Tyranny and 5 copies of Pillars of Eternity. If you'd like to score yourself a copy of either game (and you would, wouldn't you), simply make something in MS Paint that:

• Expresses your joy of The Witcher.
  • Shows how much you love Pillars of Eternity.
  • Somehow involves Tyranny.
  • Celebrates your love of RPGs.
  • Depicts the day Cleve actually releases Grimoire.

To submit your entries:
1. Upload them to imgur or similar image sharing site.
2. Either post a reply in the comments of this news item and include a link to your upload or use the Contact Us form (if you're stingy and don't have an account here yet you lazy bum).
3. Let us know which game you want (Tyranny or PoE but we know you want PoE).

Our judges will pick the 10 best / funniest / people we like who we want to give prizes to and award them a copy of the game.

Competition closes on the 8th June, when hopefully we've received enough entrants that we're able to give away all copies.

So get cracking and show us your love of RPGs.
How many entries can we make?

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm quite a dab with MS paint and I keep trying to tempt myself to do something properly paint and to a high quality. My main problem is, having not played any of he listed games, hence the interest in acquiring one, I have no idea what's in them and have no wish to spoiler myself to find out. Which just leaves this future cleve world, and everything I think of doing regarding this developes into more of a comic than a single image. I dunno, I'll continue thinking about it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Absinthe

Arcane
Isn't GOG selling games with DRM-only multiplayer now? At least Gremlins and Age of Wonders 3 come to mind. I used to recommend that site as a go-to for DRM-free games but nowadays I'm much more hesitant to buy stuff there.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom