Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Jagged Alliance 2, Victory and Thoughts

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I just defeated the evil queen in the vanilla GOG version of Jagged Alliance 2. The start of this game is probably the most difficult first act of any strategy RPG that I have ever played, as it took me about half a dozen restarts before I found the right mix of mercenaries to hire as well as the right settlements to take over in order to start generating revenue. Also it took me awhile to find the right mix of tactics. Some mistakes I made to start with:

- Tried to hire too many cheap mercenaries to start out with and they died relatively quickly.
- Tried rushing flanking maneuvers on enemies without using stealth, so I was sniped at times that I meant to ambush an enemy.
- Tried using darkness to cover my movements and depend solely on stealth with raw recruits... unsuccessfully.
- Ran out of money a few times.
- Tried to have a mix group of mercs that could handle explosives, medical, and lockpicking needs. When all I really needed at the start were a team of folks that could shoot well.

Anyway, I had a great time with the game and am considering doing a retrospective review for the Codex. Here are some of my thoughts, positive and negative.

Positives
-----------
+ There are so many ways to die, and in morbidly entertainingly animated ways.
+ There are so many ways to kill, from stealth kills with knives, to machine guns, to sniping, to rockets, and so on.
+ The enemy tactics, weapons, and unit types are mixed, so you can never be entirely sure what to expect.
+ The game has a great sense of humor. I kinda wish the queen and her main henchman would have survived for another game.
+ There are a lot of traps, both physical traps and set-up ambushes.
+ Every type of enemy allows for out-of-the-box solutions. Dug in enemies are deadly, but you can draw out, snipe from rooftops, use grenades, sneak up and kill close up, and so on.
+ I like the sense of progression. As I advance, I get access to better weapons from fallen enemies and from the shop. My revenue increases also.
+ I didn't do too many of them, but there are an incredible number of side quests.
+ You don't have to take every territory to win, though it does make the game easier if you can. I found the forces at the last enemy airport near the capitol too tough and dug in, so I just went around it.
+ I love the plot and setting. It's a perfect fit for this kind of game.

Negatives
-------------
- This is one buggy game. I picked Sci Fi in the new game generation options and was rewarded with an underground alien slug attack. So far so awesomely good. Right before I got to the hive queen, I took my team out of the dungeon to heal up because everyone was too injured. This resulted in a bug where the hive queen and other aliens all disappeared, so I could never defeat her and officially finish the game, while at the same time she continued to attack my forces daily and closed down my mine, halting revenue from that location.
- Wirecutters are needed to get through two squares in two separate cities. That's because they are surrounded by tall barb-wired fences. The manual never discusses how to get through these fences, and they never generated in the first two-thirds of the game. Nor did the shops and on-line store ever sell me any of them, despite them being common in every hardware store in real life. So there were two other cities I never fully conquered, further reducing my revenue. For such an important item, it should have been more common. It was only after I gave up on those areas did someone mention I could use explosives to get through chain link fences.
- With aliens taking my revenue from one mine, another mine running out of ore, and the other mines revenue being reduced in productivity due to my inability to completely take each square over, I decided to push on and attack the final city despite having small forces and limited weaponry. I did save and load often in between failed attempts to take fortified positions, but I did manage to do it. I found the AI to be lacking towards the end game. I would fire off a round into the darkness, set-up ambush positions, and take out a bunch of the enemy who would wander in to investigate. I did have to depend on grenades for fortified positions. The game starts off incredibly tough when you start off with pistols and raw recruits, but gets quite easier at the end.
- Enemies with awesome equipment would often leave minor items or no equipment at all once killed by gunfire. I can understand how their equipment would be destroyed by rockets, but there should be a lot more equipment that survives when someone dies by having a round strike them in the head.
- I rarely went for the head shot, or even a normal one when an enemy had partial cover. Even when my mercs nearly maxed out their marksmanship score, the enemy troops seemed to be better shots than my own guys, and I missed when they would not. As the game progressed, I found myself relying on deception, sneaking, and grenades instead of lying prone and waiting for the enemy appeared so I could attempt the perfect shot.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this. My main team at the end of the game was a character I made myself, Ira, Buzz, Buns, Scope and Raven. Buzz was my favorite. Although Scope and Buns were the better shots on paper, Buzz seemed to be my lucky charm and she was normally the one I sent in to lie in ambush and take out unsuspecting soldiers. I could play with the fan mod that toughens up the AI, but I'm JAed out despite enjoying the experience.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
So I just defeated the evil queen in the vanilla GOG version of Jagged Alliance 2. The start of this game is probably the most difficult first act of any strategy RPG that I have ever played, as it took me about half a dozen restarts before I found the right mix of mercenaries to hire as well as the right settlements to take over in order to start generating revenue. Also it took me awhile to find the right mix of tactics. Some mistakes I made to start with:

- Tried to hire too many cheap mercenaries to start out with and they died relatively quickly.
Depending on what you consider cheap, it's totally possible to get a badass squad of good marksmen/women together (just watch the ol' divorced couple... Don't take both) coupled with decent gear. Especially if you skill your own guy right
- Tried rushing flanking maneuvers on enemies without using stealth, so I was sniped at times that I meant to ambush an enemy.
- Tried using darkness to cover my movements and depend solely on stealth with raw recruits... unsuccessfully.
Def. want nv goggles for that and stealth
- Ran out of money a few times.
- Tried to have a mix group of mercs that could handle explosives, medical, and lockpicking needs. When all I really needed at the start were a team of folks that could shoot well.
Huh. Yeah, you can hire just shooters for the initial infil and then taking drassen (if you want to take it first, the counter-attack has to be considered) and then let them go and get cheapo's if you want, but I never bothered.
Doing the game solo or with just the free chars is also quite fun.
Anyway, I had a great time with the game and am considering doing a retrospective review for the Codex. Here are some of my thoughts, positive and negative.
Nice to see that you liked it, it's got to be my fav. tactical game I think. The genre has only regressed since, especially in mechanics imo. With all of it's voice acting and quirky characters and all that, it's the kind of game that *should* translate fairly well to the modern market if it was genuinely remade by competent devs, and adds the much superior ruleset/mechanics compared to modern games.
Positives
-----------
+ There are so many ways to die, and in morbidly entertainingly animated ways.
+ There are so many ways to kill, from stealth kills with knives, to machine guns, to sniping, to rockets, and so on.
+ The enemy tactics, weapons, and unit types are mixed, so you can never be entirely sure what to expect.
+ The game has a great sense of humor. I kinda wish the queen and her main henchman would have survived for another game.
There are some ways of winning the game rather than the actual "conquer arulco" thing btw. If you've only played through once, consider returning or maybe reading up on it if you haven't yet. The game has quite a lot of secrets/easy to overlook stuff that can affect your campaign. I think most of todays' gamers wouldn't even find the pilot and get the helicopter
+ There are a lot of traps, both physical traps and set-up ambushes.
+ Every type of enemy allows for out-of-the-box solutions. Dug in enemies are deadly, but you can draw out, snipe from rooftops, use grenades, sneak up and kill close up, and so on.
+ I like the sense of progression. As I advance, I get access to better weapons from fallen enemies and from the shop. My revenue increases also.
+ I didn't do too many of them, but there are an incredible number of side quests.
+ You don't have to take every territory to win, though it does make the game easier if you can. I found the forces at the last enemy airport near the capitol too tough and dug in, so I just went around it.
+ I love the plot and setting. It's a perfect fit for this kind of game.

Negatives
-------------
- This is one buggy game.
Should have played with the unofficial 1.13 patch/mod. It improves and fixes a lot of things. Adds stuff too, like better supression (wasn't working right in the vanilla version iirc). 1.13 is pretty much the fanbase standard way to play anyway and has been for ages, though I guess it wouldn't let you get a good sense of the original state of the game...
I picked Sci Fi in the new game generation options and was rewarded with an underground alien slug attack. So far so awesomely good. Right before I got to the hive queen, I took my team out of the dungeon to heal up because everyone was too injured. This resulted in a bug where the hive queen and other aliens all disappeared, so I could never defeat her and officially finish the game, while at the same time she continued to attack my forces daily and closed down my mine, halting revenue from that location.
- Wirecutters are needed to get through two squares in two separate cities. That's because they are surrounded by tall barb-wired fences. The manual never discusses how to get through these fences, and they never generated in the first two-thirds of the game. Nor did the shops and on-line store ever sell me any of them, despite them being common in every hardware store in real life. So there were two other cities I never fully conquered, further reducing my revenue. For such an important item, it should have been more common. It was only after I gave up on those areas did someone mention I could use explosives to get through chain link fences.
Er. Isn't that last part kind of logical though :D But yeah, I don't remember where you get them or if you get them for free at the start on your char with certain choices in the questionnaire/skills or on some other mercs, but you can iirc get wire cutters pretty much right away. May also be hidden in the starting village or the rebel base, or drassen or something.
- With aliens taking my revenue from one mine, another mine running out of ore, and the other mines revenue being reduced in productivity due to my inability to completely take each square over, I decided to push on and attack the final city despite having small forces and limited weaponry. I did save and load often in between failed attempts to take fortified positions, but I did manage to do it. I found the AI to be lacking towards the end game. I would fire off a round into the darkness, set-up ambush positions, and take out a bunch of the enemy who would wander in to investigate. I did have to depend on grenades for fortified positions. The game starts off incredibly tough when you start off with pistols and raw recruits, but gets quite easier at the end.
Pistol phase is mostly avoidable imo, though that would limit your playstyle/choices.
- Enemies with awesome equipment would often leave minor items or no equipment at all once killed by gunfire. I can understand how their equipment would be destroyed by rockets, but there should be a lot more equipment that survives when someone dies by having a round strike them in the head.
Oh yeah, that's really annoying. You take out a tough enemy/group and are looking forward to the reward and then... A few mags, a grenade, a mostly broken helmet and that's it lol. I don't remember if 1.13 changes this but I think it does.
- I rarely went for the head shot, or even a normal one when an enemy had partial cover. Even when my mercs nearly maxed out their marksmanship score, the enemy troops seemed to be better shots than my own guys, and I missed when they would not. As the game progressed, I found myself relying on deception, sneaking, and grenades instead of lying prone and waiting for the enemy appeared so I could attempt the perfect shot.
Huh, that's weird. I made headshots all the time esp. after a while. With the rightclicks = +aim at the cost of ap on any decent marksmen esp. with modded gun headshots shouldn't be that hard? I did switch to full auto in lategame though esp. on my auto-trait main guy. Wasn't doing enough damage otherwise without rocket rifles and such.
Anyway, I would definitely recommend this. My main team at the end of the game was a character I made myself, Ira, Buzz, Buns, Scope and Raven. Buzz was my favorite. Although Scope and Buns were the better shots on paper, Buzz seemed to be my lucky charm and she was normally the one I sent in to lie in ambush and take out unsuspecting soldiers. I could play with the fan mod that toughens up the AI, but I'm JAed out despite enjoying the experience.
Ah, so you did take some of the better (and fairly cheap) shooters then.

Looking forward to the review if you ever get around to it.
You'd think there'd be like 10 of those on the codex already, considering it's got more of an RPG component than a lot of modern RPG's and is one of the alltime classics...

Luka-boy

Arcane
Oh yeah, that's really annoying. You take out a tough enemy/group and are looking forward to the reward and then... A few mags, a grenade, a mostly broken helmet and that's it lol. I don't remember if 1.13 changes this but I think it does.
I can't remember if it was like that in vanilla, but in 1.13 there's an option when you start a new game so enemies will drop all their items when they die.

It's pretty satisfying especially if you started the game with the "Tons of Guns" option on too, and while it makes the game easier it's fun for playthroughs where you want to use a self-imposed rule of using only what you can find on the field.

There's also an .INI file setting so militia also drops all their loot on death if you want. I find it overkill, but I suppose it's nice if you want to recoup some losses selling their stuff, which can be done pretty quickly from the strategic interface.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I rarely went for the head shot, or even a normal one when an enemy had partial cover. Even when my mercs nearly maxed out their marksmanship score, the enemy troops seemed to be better shots than my own guys, and I missed when they would not.

The $10 question: did you use the "show cover" button?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
- Wirecutters are needed to get through two squares in two separate cities. That's because they are surrounded by tall barb-wired fences. The manual never discusses how to get through these fences, and they never generated in the first two-thirds of the game. Nor did the shops and on-line store ever sell me any of them, despite them being common in every hardware store in real life. So there were two other cities I never fully conquered, further reducing my revenue. For such an important item, it should have been more common. It was only after I gave up on those
Unfortunately, there seems to be a considerable amount of randomness in the prevalence of wire cutters, both in terms of finding them randomly and of them being available for purchase from traders. In my recent playthrough, I was able to obtain them early in San Mona (likely via purchase).

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Darth: I stopped depending on the cover button since those wily enemies had a tendency to move around, and depended more upon ambushes and moving troops towards me instead of attacking. I admit I never looked for mercs inventories for wire cutters, but I know the ones I purchased never had them.

laclongquan

Arcane
For the lack of drops, if you dont want to use the gamebreaking feature of having them Drop All...

Use a method we call robbery. A disabled enemy can be robbed of his equipment guns or more. You stand one or two step away, click the hand button on that body (not dead). The character will step toward that spot and rob the equipped gun. The spot is pretty hard to figure out, which is why you need to stand one or two step away, and start with a full AP character. The tactic is best done with 2-3 character.

valcik

Arcane
You can blow up these fences with grenades, wirecutters are just for stealth approach.
.. which is not necessary at all. Any city sector separated by fences can be reached by leaving adjanced sector through the tactics map. Only fast travel through the world map spawns the unit at pre-defined spots outside of fences. This is actually one of mechanics explained in Omerta tutorial..

Dux

Arcane
Wirecutters are needed to get through two squares in two separate cities. That's because they are surrounded by tall barb-wired fences. The manual never discusses how to get through these fences, and they never generated in the first two-thirds of the game. Nor did the shops and on-line store ever sell me any of them, despite them being common in every hardware store in real life. So there were two other cities I never fully conquered, further reducing my revenue. For such an important item, it should have been more common. It was only after I gave up on those areas did someone mention I could use explosives to get through chain link fences.

Um, maybe I'm just missing something here but why didn't you just order some from the online store and ship them to Drassen?

mondblut

Arcane
In 1.13 many kinds of knives double up as wirecutters (and others as crowbars even, i think?). All the more reason to never touch the vanilla again.

Siobhan

Arbiter
Use a method we call robbery. A disabled enemy can be robbed of his equipment guns or more. You stand one or two step away, click the hand button on that body (not dead). The character will step toward that spot and rob the equipped gun. The spot is pretty hard to figure out, which is why you need to stand one or two step away, and start with a full AP character. The tactic is best done with 2-3 character.
This. Not a tactic I would recommend for a first playthrough because it takes some skill and partially breaks the resource aspect of the game, but it is tons of fun. Get a merc with martial arts, or build one yourself with high agility. High strength, hand-to-hand, night vision and stealth are nice to have, but not needed. Then you can use that merc to silently take out enemies, take their equipment and immediately drop it on the ground, and kill the enemy once they've been picked clean. Once the sector is clear, give the good stuff to your main squad, the rest goes to a bunch of mules to sell off in San Mona.

This tactic is pretty cheesy, obvs, so I recommend combining it with some self-imposed limitations, e.g. no Bobby Ray's, only using recruitable NPCs rather than AIM mercs, limited squad size, and so on.

Deuce Traveler:

- if you want to replay the game, I really recommend the Arulco Revisited maps, they mix things up quite a bit while keeping the overall flair of the vanilla game. I like them more than the Wildfire maps.

- For your next playthrough you could skip the pistol phase by immediately taking on one of the hidden weapon caches. If you don't know what those are, you didn't explore enough (or had a really unlucky run).

- Another route is to go straight to the Hillbillies so you can get shotguns and maybe one or two rifles.

- To make the early game less pistol dependent, use throwing knives. They are easy to get right away and allow you to one-shot unaware enemies from behind. It's a little flaky though, so don't rely too much on it until you can easily throw 4 in a single turn. Or you could just save scum.

- That said, pistols are perfectly fine if you know what you're doing --- they are not meant to be used like rifles, you have to get in close and use the low AP cost to your advantage. This is obviously easier in urban areas, so avoid engagements in the wild, in particular when you're outnumbered.

- 1.13 allows you to change the time of day you arrive in Arulco. Set it to night for a very different experience in the first sector.

- I find the accuracy problems surprising, towards the end almost everybody is above 85 marksmanship which is more than enough with a decent gun. I think in vanilla there was a bug where combining a scope and laser sight actually reduces accuracy, maybe that's why you had accuracy problems? Fixed in 1.13

- I also recommend the expansion Unfinished Business. It plays very differently because you are constantly pushed on the strategic map and don't have much opportunity to take a defensive position.

Well done. From someone who's only played through the new X-Coms, I look forward to going through more of these tactical strategy games. I think I have a new first love.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I like it, completed it twice, but it could be better. It was great at the time, probably ahead of its time a bit too. But these days there should be far better games. The fact that there aren't just shows what a shitshow modern gaming is. JA2 was cool but taking endless pot shots at each other from a distance was tedious. I just gave all my guys scoped rifles and picked them and trained them based on shooting and nothing else, and the game is easy like that. In every battle I just moved my guys forward slowly and when the action starts, have them all hit the deck, and they snipe the head off all the enemies pretty soon. It is fun, it just could have more going on. I think it would be fun to have a ninja stealth unit which you can sort of do, but mostly the stealth doesn't work well enough to make it worthwhile. I wish there was a modern game that lets you use drones to scout and give visibility, maybe some kind of Predator stealth to sneak in places. I really loved doing that in Delta Force or some old game. It would be good if you could sneak in and lay bombs and traps and then sneak out and blow up the place. It would take maybe longer than just a straight guns blazing approach but it would be another option at least. The medic could role could be better too. The heavy weapons role should be better too, more use for it - more vehicles to blow up etc, more ammo for it, etc. I think it should force players to run a balanced party with 1 assault, 1 scout, 1 medic, 1 heavy weapons, etc. Rather than just giving everyone sniper rifles. The missions could be more fun too. More like Syndicate was, have to rescue people, sabotage stuff etc. Can't remember exactly but I think Silent Storm games maybe did this better.

Great game but it is pretty sad we still have to play it today for a good tactical fix.

Master

Arbiter
You can blow up these fences with grenades, wirecutters are just for stealth approach.
.. which is not necessary at all. Any city sector separated by fences can be reached by leaving adjanced sector through the tactics map. Only fast travel through the world map spawns the unit at pre-defined spots outside of fences. This is actually one of mechanics explained in Omerta tutorial..

Im not quite following. Care to elaborate on this mechanic? You leave the sector with the fence and then ... What?

Severian Silk

I wish there was a new expansion with default map zones changed. Enemy should be in the North East and drop zone in the South West next time!

Currently, all mods use the same damned locations for stuff! ARRGGH!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I've been playing the same thing for the first time (except 1.12 disc version) and am currently just prepping to take Meduna (more like looking for things in squares I've missed). The low-leveled mercs are perfectly viable if they have high wisdom and you spend a little bit of time training them on down time and being careful early on. I'm still running with my whole team from the beginning and they are all level 4-6 now. I read a couple guides about the game but found it was easier to just take areas in the game my own way. I'm so rich I was thinking of buying a high-end merc squad just to take Meduna faster with two A-teams instead of one.

I noticed something very weird about the cover system though. My mercs kept getting lit up early on I found no matter what kind of cover I took. Even some spots you would think to be pretty safe were not very good (even while checking them with the cover buttons). What I ended up doing in most areas was putting everyone in stealth-prone far away with a clear line of sight and my mercs ended up having a much higher chance of hitting enemies than the enemies did. The enemies miss way more when your mercs are prone. In the urban environments indoors, I spent more time using burst-fire and waiting for enemies to go through doors and such, utilizing interrupts. Other that that, laying out in the open in prone with the team spread out is better cover than kneeling behind a giant rock.

Severian Silk

Interrupts are one of the funnest features of this game. Without them waiting for enemy turn to end would admittedly get really boring.

zool

Arcane
- if you want to replay the game, I really recommend the Arulco Revisited maps, they mix things up quite a bit while keeping the overall flair of the vanilla game. I like them more than the Wildfire maps.

I'm thinking on using Arulco Revisited for my next JA2 playthrough and have already heard good things about the maps but what about the other changes - is the overall balance any good? Are there new weapons? Any other changes worth noting?

- For your next playthrough you could skip the pistol phase by immediately taking on one of the hidden weapon caches. If you don't know what those are, you didn't explore enough (or had a really unlucky run).

Am I the only one who actually enjoy the pistol phase at the beginning of the game? I mean, nothing feels as good as hitting and killing an enemy at Drassen Airport with Ira's last remaining bullet from her crappy 38. S&W.

valcik

Arcane
Im not quite following. Care to elaborate on this mechanic? You leave the sector with the fence and then ... What?
Sure, I took some screenshots to make it clear.

1. This is Grumm, and adjacent sector to the north is completely surrounded by fence on the outside. Let's enter the northern sector from here! Do not switch to the world map, just stay on the city map (see screenshot) and order your men to walk the road leading north:
001i8u7p.png

2. After reaching the map edge, touch the upper part of your screen with your cursor and you'll see this menu. Move your men to the adjacent sector by confirming it:
0039ruhj.png

3. And voila! This is the northern sector surrounded by fences, with our men staying inside:
004dyu34.png

Nostaljaded

Savant
I wish there was a new expansion with default map zones changed. Enemy should be in the North East and drop zone in the South West next time!

Currently, all mods use the same damned locations for stuff! ARRGGH!!

Dropzone can be tweaked for ages.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; You can change the arrival sector of your first mercs. The defaults are X=9, Y=1 (for sector Omerta A9).
; Subsequent arrivals will occur as normal (whereever you set the arrival LZ on the map).
;
; Please note: If you set the arrival sector in enemy SAM-Site controlled area, it will automatically be moved to a safe
; airspace sector immediately after your initial arrival!!
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEFAULT_ARRIVAL_SECTOR_X = 9
DEFAULT_ARRIVAL_SECTOR_Y = 1

Enemy mother-base limitation has been lifted for mods based on 7609 & above.

Here's a mod with different starting & enemy mother-base sectors:

uo0DZRg.png

Link: http://thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/index.php?t=msg&th=22645

Siobhan

Arbiter
I'm thinking on using Arulco Revisited for my next JA2 playthrough and have already heard good things about the maps but what about the other changes - is the overall balance any good? Are there new weapons? Any other changes worth noting?
It's balanced around a life of the land playing style, so you're expected to only use what you find. That worked fairly well when I played it, but the mod hasn't been updated in a few years so newer 1.13 features might break the balance. As always, you'll have to tinker with the ini file a bit to get what you want. I don't remember if it adds new items, 1.13 with the lots of guns options already has way too much gun porn for my liking.

Am I the only one who actually enjoy the pistol phase at the beginning of the game?
Sounds like you're the kind of person who also enjoys low-level DnD.

I like it, completed it twice, but it could be better. [...] It is fun, it just could have more going on. I think it would be fun to have a ninja stealth unit which you can sort of do, but mostly the stealth doesn't work well enough to make it worthwhile.
There's an option in 1.13 that allows you to switch between real-time and turn-based even when enemies are encountered, so that you can try some real time stealth. But the AI is not equipped to deal with this, and turn-based stealth a la Invisible Inc requires the players to be underpowered to a degree that is incompatible with JA's basic formula. What you're describing sounds like a completely different game to me, more like the original Mission Impossible TV show than the 80s B-movies JA2 is going for. But what would be great is a proper physics engine with fully destructible environments, similar to Silent Storm. Too bad all attempts at 3d JA were either canceled or should have been.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom