Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No, Keen. You are the demons.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tumblr_mmpaqjXhIr1r2to8go1_1280.png

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

FeelTheRads

Arcane
100 vertical, 65 horizontal

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....481/0DB4CA7F68B2E2A9231B13BC059C10000B0FBECC/

Or maybe the one featuring the cover is supposed to represent how much Harlan Ellison deserves to suffer? Otherwise what, the suffering of the whole game?

Doesn't even make sense... why does Gorrister deserve so much? Or TNO? And how is The Master suffering?

Verdict: the image is made by some dumbfuck millennial who never even touched 95% of those games.

:x

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Or maybe the one featuring the cover is supposed to represent how much Harlan Ellison deserves to suffer? Otherwise what, the suffering of the whole game?
Harlan Ellison provided the voice for AM in the game, so perhaps it's intended to represent AM's level of suffering and amount of suffering deserved. :M Although I think that exaggerates the level of suffering actually experienced by AM, especially in the game relative to the story.

Executr

Cipher

This is a recreation of Pokémon Red in Vanilla Minecraft using only command blocks and a resource pack. I have done my best to incorporate all of the original game's features, along with a few iconic bugs (most notably MissingNo/'M and item duplication). Note that due to synching concerns I opted not to include any sounds in the game itself.

The game uses over 357,000 command blocks and took over a year and a half to complete.

Nirvash

Liturgist

This is a recreation of Pokémon Red in Vanilla Minecraft using only command blocks and a resource pack. I have done my best to incorporate all of the original game's features, along with a few iconic bugs (most notably MissingNo/'M and item duplication). Note that due to synching concerns I opted not to include any sounds in the game itself.

The game uses over 357,000 command blocks and took over a year and a half to complete.

Oh, someone reproduced pokemon stadium arena or something.

No wait...

Oh, so they put gameboy emulation + pokemon rom inside minecraft.

No wait...

Look how many blocks, did they reproduced the game world or something?

No wait...

200_s.gif

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why is Minecraft such an autist magnet?

My theory is that it's the overly rigid and yet logical structure of the game - everything is composed of blocks, everything acts according to strictly defined parameters, while pesky things like gravity and social interactions can be all but ignored.

And yet Terraria doesn't seem to have the same amount of autism in it - sure there's autism present, but to a far lesser degree. Is it the third dimension that does it, or the NPCs that Terraria has?

mystery.png

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

My theory is that it's the overly rigid and yet logical structure of the game - everything is composed of blocks, everything acts according to strictly defined parameters, while pesky things like gravity and social interactions can be all but ignored.

And yet Terraria doesn't seem to have the same amount of autism in it - sure there's autism present, but to a far lesser degree. Is it the third dimension that does it, or the NPCs that Terraria has?

mystery.png
Rather than just being 2D, it's the side-scroller part that does it imo. You would have to work vertically a lot, problem is you basically need floors/platforms constantly to jump/climb up... Not very smooth, lots of wasted space vs. factorio for example. You'd also have to redo the resource/mining system probably so you could automine without having to constantly move the miners. Pathfinding for drones or helpful critters would also be a nightmare in the terraria tunnels.
Add that Terraria's at times automatically triggered battle events/boss encounters and fairly rigid progression (you have to defeat x to get new types of materials) likely get in the way, plus while you can automate some stuff like obsidian farming, gold farming etc it's just not on the level of minecraft or factorio in that regard without substantial modding.

pippin

electronic legos

the difference beign Lego is not ashamed of being associated with autism and actually has done a few things for kids with autism here and there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom