Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
This pig squeal... the only thing you have for backing up your statements?

I think that are little/almost none game that comes out today appeals to my tastes aesthetically
Yep.

I think I am just getting old or something
No, the reason is you just see aggravating degeneracy more and more around, and THAT make you feel old.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The artwork is generic as fuck
I heard that this problem originated from source - Pathfinder itself.
Pathfinder isn't that generic though, they have their own distinctive style that is totally shit.

Another thing is that D&D(which Pathfinder is an offshoot of) together with Warhammer pretty much defines modern fantasy, so if they stick to their traditional style it's going to appear "generic".

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It was proven long ago, that women have less genuises and retards, their perfomance is more mediocre and stable.

Is there any actual proof for this statement other than Codex Wisdom™?

From Wikipedia:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001115?via=ihub
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289610000346?via=ihub

My impression was that this is a pretty well established fact, only less prevalent than people might think. Meaning that it effects the very end tails of the normal distributions and mostly not the general distribution. This of course has large consequences for the extremes of capability, in percentages of each gender but small effects on the vast majority of people. (Meaning that unless you really are part of the top or bottom 1% it doesn't really mean anything)

It's like all the race/gender/sexuality/fucking-everything IQ tests - the SJW crowd cry Hitler at the mere mention of them, far-right and edge-lords take them as vindication, but in reality for 95% of population you'd need a truly insane difference in average ability (or spread of abilities) for it to translate into a meaningful difference in individual abilities.

Even the greatest of IQ distinctions based on race/gender looks utterly insignificant when you overlay the difference in male/female physical strength/fitness. Then you factor in that an average 13-14 year old girl who trains 2-3 hrs per day at a club level in athletics/swimming will be faster than the average beer-bellied couch-potato adult male - that tells you just enormous a difference in average ability (and male/female physical aptitude difference is enormous) you need to translate into any meaningful difference on an individual level.

The time when it all went mental, was when one scientist speculated that maybe slight differences in IQ - of the kind that are insignificant when dealing with individuals - might have real world impact when spread across the entirety of sub-Saharan Africa. A fairly harmless piece of speculation, as the very premise acknowledges that the differences at an individual level are too small to ever provide a basis for treating any one person differently. But again, people at both ends of the horseshoe spectrum went ballistic over it, and still do if you mention it.

I feel like you are misrepresenting or misunderstanding a few things here.

1. The physical sexual dimorphism in humans concerns strength, not "speed" or endurance (but there are differences there as well).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_human_physiology

Women are on average 50-60 as strong as men according to Wikipedia. That is not a slight difference. Thats the kind of insane difference you are talking about.

Regarding the study you mention it's not slight differences in measured IQ. It's massive. People in subsaharan Africa are testing on retardation levels in abstract reasoning. Whether one believes those tests are accurate is another matter, I guess.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nations_and_intelligence
Subsaharan Africa tests between 65-75.

Regarding the distribution of intelligence I feel like the issue is twofold. People notice the very top of society, the 0.1%. The great scientists and the CEOs etc. These are overwhelmingly male, which would be expected given the previously mentioned distribution. The error people make is in the estimation of their own ability as well as a profound misunderstanding of statistical distribution. That almost all great scientists and CEOs etc are males says nothing about whether guys or gals are make better middle managers. The answers is that both probably suck.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Women are on average 50-60 as strong as men according to Wikipedia.

It's also laughable, because why nobody menation - I'm sure in it - that there IS difference when these measurement were done and among whom?
Because if you'll take typical modern men from West (and from Russia too) - these are so called "rickets" with chiken breast, frail and inept.
While women have in general more and more narrow pelvis and muscules more of men-type.
If these measuremen were done 100-150 years ago, results would be different.
Or if these measurements would be conducted among other nation, foe examples Arabs, or Caucasians (I'm not mean Europeoids) we will still get different results.

So thise measurements without clarification of such things is usual scientific-like fraud.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
pathfinder
CAHWGVC.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Well the art of the PnP doesn't help to begin with; I would find it hard to RP as a cartoon figure.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Looks like discount PoE.

(also there already was a Pathfinder game, the MMO, right? Was that abandoned?)

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The niche of Beholders (and Mind Flayers) are filled by the Aboleth, the obscure aquatic psionic... things that rarely saw play (like virtually every other aquatic creature that wasn't attacking surface ships or striking at adventures from shallow water) are now the first civilization (this may not be 100% true, but it's common knowledge in the setting their empire at least predates human civilization) trying to reclaim their former empire after worldwide calamity destroyed it. It's actually a pretty neat bit as far as PF lore goes.
Seems like a fish with a mind flayer's face (which was in turn based on Cthulhu). So much for originality.

Also, no way in hell fish can be sentient, their organism complexity and brain capacity simply don't allow for this, so this is very anti-scientific.
aboleth_by_nanya.jpg

It was proven long ago, that women have less genuises and retards, their perfomance is more mediocre and stable.

Is there any actual proof for this statement other than Codex Wisdom™?

From Wikipedia:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001115?via=ihub
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289610000346?via=ihub

My impression was that this is a pretty well established fact, only less prevalent than people might think. Meaning that it effects the very end tails of the normal distributions and mostly not the general distribution. This of course has large consequences for the extremes of capability, in percentages of each gender but small effects on the vast majority of people. (Meaning that unless you really are part of the top or bottom 1% it doesn't really mean anything)

It's like all the race/gender/sexuality/fucking-everything IQ tests - the SJW crowd cry Hitler at the mere mention of them, far-right and edge-lords take them as vindication, but in reality for 95% of population you'd need a truly insane difference in average ability (or spread of abilities) for it to translate into a meaningful difference in individual abilities.

Even the greatest of IQ distinctions based on race/gender looks utterly insignificant when you overlay the difference in male/female physical strength/fitness. Then you factor in that an average 13-14 year old girl who trains 2-3 hrs per day at a club level in athletics/swimming will be faster than the average beer-bellied couch-potato adult male - that tells you just enormous a difference in average ability (and male/female physical aptitude difference is enormous) you need to translate into any meaningful difference on an individual level.

The time when it all went mental, was when one scientist speculated that maybe slight differences in IQ - of the kind that are insignificant when dealing with individuals - might have real world impact when spread across the entirety of sub-Saharan Africa. A fairly harmless piece of speculation, as the very premise acknowledges that the differences at an individual level are too small to ever provide a basis for treating any one person differently. But again, people at both ends of the horseshoe spectrum went ballistic over it, and still do if you mention it.

I feel like you are misrepresenting or misunderstanding a few things here.

1. The physical sexual dimorphism in humans concerns strength, not "speed" or endurance (but there are differences there as well).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_human_physiology

Women are on average 50-60 as strong as men according to Wikipedia. That is not a slight difference. Thats the kind of insane difference you are talking about.

Regarding the study you mention it's not slight differences in measured IQ. It's massive. People in subsaharan Africa are testing on retardation levels in abstract reasoning. Whether one believes those tests are accurate is another matter, I guess.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nations_and_intelligence
Subsaharan Africa tests between 65-75.

Regarding the distribution of intelligence I feel like the issue is twofold. People notice the very top of society, the 0.1%. The great scientists and the CEOs etc. These are overwhelmingly male, which would be expected given the previously mentioned distribution. The error people make is in the estimation of their own ability as well as a profound misunderstanding of statistical distribution. That almost all great scientists and CEOs etc are males says nothing about whether guys or gals are make better middle managers. The answers is that both probably suck.

I was giving physical differences between gender as an example of an OBVIOUSLY giant difference, in order to illustrate just how enormous differences in average IQ need to be too be significant on an individual level.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found a tidbit of news about the game from this weekend: https://geekdad.com/2017/05/news-from-paizocon-2017/
We were treated to a bunch of the concept art for the computer based RPG of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Lisa Stevens, Paizo CEO said that the game was probably a year out and currently had a couple of hours of content. I had the opportunity to demo the game during the day and it is much farther along than I expected. It was completely playable, and the developer said they had about four hours of mostly finished content, and more in various stages of development. They are planning to release with all the content and options from the Core Rulebook, and are expecting to do a Kickstarter, possibly in June, to add more classes, companions, and features. What I saw showed a game fun to play and pretty true to Pathfinder. The character sheet showed feats, and leveling choices that match what you make in the paper based version of the game. The developer said that while some feats had to be modified to fit a real-time-with-pause style video game, feats and options were included to allow you to create your characters as you’d expect from Pathfinder. What I saw left me more excited for this long awaited way to enjoy Pathfinder.

Also images look cool.
5 party members in this one:
PaizoConPathfinderKingmaker1.jpg

or
PaizoConPathfinderKingmaker2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom