Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft: Remastered

Sturmgewehr44

Novice
As far as I can remember, I've never bought an HD version of a game I already own and it seems stupid to start now.

Sturmgewehr44

Novice
I'm not a fan of buying a prettier version of a game I already own just because it became free after the fact, but seeing as how this will revive multiplayer for Starcraft I'll buy it for that reason.

J1M

Arcane
I hate how fucking proud they are to have lost the source code and original art assets to the pillar that they built their legacy on. ("We had to hack our own game, lol", etc.)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hm, this does song abit worse at different parts, and better in others. Overall, not that impressed. The original is timeless and still kicks ass. Maybe this will grow on me.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
T368I9YVDVA41495156110486.jpg

New icon art

Also, as long as you can choose between the original and new music, it wont matter much

80s Stallone

Arcane
Looks and sounds good enough to me. The original is free and I have played it countless times, so I don't mind some variation while still playing the same game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Dunno, I like the original more.

It's not bad, but since I know how the original sounds, hearing this makes a disconnect in my brain. This was the only thing which I was vary of in the remaster, and I was right. This is not better, just different.

Parabalus

Arcane
The HD art seen in the trailer is straight up gorgeous.

Music is just different, not really bad, it's just jarring to hear the new track. Terran 01 is one of the more memorable of SC1 tracks though, the others might not evoke as drastic a reaction.

^ Heavy metal ripping in the background of four-eyed kids licking their greasy lips in anxiety. Serious stuff. Cuggots need not apply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom