Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vanquish now available on PC

deuxhero

Arcane
So what's next after Vanquish?

Am I missing anything possible besides Shenmue, Anarchy Reigns, Resonance of Fate, Yakuza, Skies of Arcadia, Miku, Shin Megami Tensei, and Persona?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Am I missing anything possible besides Shenmue, Anarchy Reigns, Resonance of Fate, Yakuza, Skies of Arcadia, Miku, Shin Megami Tensei, and Persona?
I yearn for some kind of Panzer Dragoon collection. As well as Jet Set Radio Future and Phantasy Star Online 2 too.

Oh, I'm sorry, you said possible. You should probably remove Anarchy Reigns then.

deuxhero

Arcane

I yearn for some kind of Panzer Dragoon collection. As well as Jet Set Radio Future and Phantasy Star Online 2 too.

Oh, I'm sorry, you said possible. You should probably remove Anarchy Reigns then.

Panzer Dragoon has lost the source code, so I kinda doubt they'd do that one. JSRF is a possible one.

How is Anarchy Reigns impossible? Last two were Platinum games.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Panzer Dragoon has lost the source code, so I kinda doubt they'd do that one.
Could always pull a Kingdom Hearts and re-do it. Not like there's a raving fanbase of Panzer Dragoon Saga fans, though.

How is Anarchy Reigns impossible?
It was just a small jab, but it was a mostly multiplayer game (I think?), they'd have to establish servers and what-not that might be less attractive to Sega right now.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Played this on console, it was meh. Nothing to get excited about. Not every Platinum game is good.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I should be enjoying this. The movement seemed like my kind of shooter. But I'm bored.

Maybe it's the bland techno. Maybe it's the big, flat areas designed for power sliding. Maybe it's all that grey metal everywhere I look. Maybe it's the insipid characters and story (what little I've seen).

Didn't help that it took more than ten minutes till I was shooting enemies. I think they were preparing to land on Earth when I finally got fed up and decided to skip the cutscene. I skipped the tutorials too.

Congrats, Platinum. You made a Shinji Mikami game without any of the atmosphere of a Shinji Mikami game.

I also failed a cinematic QTE because I wasn't expecting it and didn't process quickly enough which button the game wanted me to push. At least the game let me beat the boss without having to perform the QTE a second time. Still bad, though. QTEs almost always are.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Meh, played it on PS3 years ago and it was nothing special really, standard third person shooter in most aspects outside of sliding around (the main gimmick). It was also really really short.

:popamole:

Surprised they even bothered.

ultimanecat

Arcane
I have it on PS3 also, and to be honest I thought it was a bit insipid also when I first played it a few times. But like other Platinum games, it rewards repetition and mastery of the mechanics with some petty tight gameplay on the harder difficulties. If you play on Easy or Normal you can get by just playing it as a Gears of War clone, but is isn't all that great that way.

I think I paid $10-$15 for it, which seems about right. Maybe not worth the full $20 unless you really dig cracking into these sorts of games and becoming flawless at it... or you just want to support Sega releasing more stuff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Codex really has become Neogaf...

"Played it on console" x 5 or so in this thread. Shamefurrr.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
San Francisco gets micro waved by the Russians, since you can't top that I recommend skipping every other cutscene.

Vorark

Erudite
I was interested in this game since the day it was announced. I've waited so long for this glorious moment and I can attest: THE GAME DELIVERS!

KB/M controls are damn good and it was all surprisingly easy to pick up. There's a brief tutorial and then it's all shootan! Overall, port quality is excellent, real smooth even with stuff flying all over the screen. Laughed my ass out while during the first few seconds of the opening cinematic some fat guy was CRUSHED buy debris. :salute:

Of course, there's always something to sour things a bit: QTEs. I think when this game was released QTEs were all the rage. This blemish aside, it's an excellent addition to TPS genre.

BUY IT! :yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom