Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I remember getting into a factory and seeing a bunch of dead bodies getting a feeling of wonder for a minute until "oh never mind it's just a bunch of synths", they never let up with the shooting and pressing w it's the only thing you do in that game they don't even allow the player to figure that vault-tech does social experiments trough gameplay, it's in the freaking loading screen.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Original game is shit without doubts, but I found mod for myself, which is good enough not to vomit in my monitor constantly while playing F4, it's called Horizon.

Vorark

Erudite
I tried the free Steam offer thingie.

Had no idea THE BABY was so important so I ended up naming the PC Samus. Wandered around, was chased by a bunch of ghouls but some quest npcs killed them for me and as a thank you I killed them :). The wonders of protected npcs. Beelined to Diamond City, met that Pepper or whatever gal, rolled my eyes and did the alt+f4 -> uninstall routine. That was the end of the short adventures of Samus THE BABY Aran.

Only thing I actually liked was hearing Jack's (ME2) VA again. Really like her voice, especially when being an asshole. Besides this net positive, the whole thing was a waste of time and bandwidth, unsurprisingly. How people can like this stuff is baffling.

pippin

dc2a130c7995ace4.png

courtenay taylor a qt

Darkman

Educated
I think the worst part about this game is the fact that since it sold so like candy coated crack, that Bethesda is going to think that continually dumbing down, removing all rpg elements and overly streamlining their games is the way to go in the long term.

Fargus

Arcane
Only thing I actually liked was hearing Jack's (ME2) VA again.

She voiced some characters in New Vegas too. Some of female fiends was voiced by her and had fun lines.

I think the worst part about this game is the fact that since it sold so like candy coated crack, that Bethesda is going to think that continually dumbing down, removing all rpg elements and overly streamlining their games is the way to go in the long term.

What people fail to realize is that Bethesda are going to do this anyway, i mean come on? Their development is a never ending cycle of dumbing down. It was a way to go for them... since like forever.

I would be surprised if they decide to actually improve anything other than swordplay and graphics in TES VI. And for swordplay they will just use Arkane as a work horse, like they did with shooting mechanics in F4, ID Software made it for them :)

One of the laziest companies out there.

Last edited:

Codexlurker

Savant
Considering Arkane did Might and Magic Messiah, that isn't exactly a bad thing. Either way, it's very difficult to get anything out of the series other then basic thrills that get old quick.

McPlusle

Savant
I'm such a fucking idiot. I bought Fallout 4. I fucking did it. Mainly just to have all of them in my Steam library. And it runs like hot garbage on my PC on the lowest settings.

Do I dare imagine what TES6 will look like? I didn't even like Oblivion and Skyrim, and I didn't really warm up to Morrowind for years (first played it in 2004 but it took years to click with me), so I can only imagine TES6 being a worse version of Dark Messiah with a bigger map.

Speaking of that, I have no idea what is going on with FO4's pricing on Steam (230 reais = 70 freedom dollars). Even with the 50% sale of the free weekend - good luck downloading that behemoth on time by the way- it was still way more expensive than the cost of a PS4/Xbone disc I can get around here. (R$45/ $15). And it doesn't even include the expansions, season pass is $195 or $60. This was understandable close to release since it would sell anyway, but two years down the line?

(trivia: BR minimum wage as of 2017 is R$ 937 or $287)

New video:

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

It lost award to Wicher 3, so no, things will change.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

It lost award to Wicher 3, so no, things will change.
Hell, not only did it lose to The Witcher 3, but the crowd actively chanted "not fallout 4" at the awards ceremony. It takes a special kind of hate to do that. On top of that, not only did Fallout lose to The Witcher, but it didn't recieve a single award, which is a far cry from Skyrims critical acclaim. Fallouts success came on the back of Fallout 3, NV, and Skyrim, as well as a massive marketing campaign, not on it's own merits.

more like "i can't come up with anything, let's steal stuff".
it wouldn't be the first time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom