Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

RuySan

Augur
Killin' 'em christians never looked so good
ss_b720a79d235355ae1eda3ec4e3b4e4d7953b4061.1920x1080.jpg

Only thing missing is the DLC Lion, as a dog replacement.
This looks worse than what I was expecting.

So there goes my wish for having morbidly obese enemies. Ubisoft is probably afraid of fat shaming accusations.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Iranaeus don't you have more pressing matters to solve in your favelas than be worried about obese Americans feelings?

There's nothing to solve here. I just don't want America to turn into Brazil.

That's brilliant. You don't want the US to be filled with corrupt politicians like your silly country so you support a snakeoil salesman that claims climate change is an hoax invented by the chinese and is supported by people who think Earth was created 10000 years ago and that Noah had dinosaurs inside his ark.

And honestly, why do you care so much about the US of A?

Try paying more attention to American and worldwide politics. Maybe some day I'll be able to teach you something.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
What I'm really wondering about is what excuse they will be using for the feds not coming down on this like a hammer. If there was even a hint of an organized group setting up a paralell government by force anywhere in the USA, the FBI and US Marshalls would send in "police" with more firepower than a WWII infantry division.

Rali56

Novice
What I'm really wondering about is what excuse they will be using for the feds not coming down on this like a hammer. If there was even a hint of an organized group setting up a paralell government by force anywhere in the USA, the FBI and US Marshalls would send in "police" with more firepower than a WWII infantry division.
Whatever it is expect it to be dumb and nonsensical once you look it at for more than one second.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Being someone that was raised by white christian southerners, I can attest that they're basically human garbage and are ripe for being cannon fodder in video games.

"Not all Muslims"

"But all cis white Christian/southerns are garbage"

C'mon now

Joevonzombie

Literate
Being someone that was raised by white christian southerners, I can attest that they're basically human garbage and are ripe for being cannon fodder in video games.

"Not all Muslims"

C'mon now
Clearly I'm being facetious. I just think its funny that we've been murdering Germans, Russians and Middle-easterners in games for the last 25 years, but now that it's Bo, Luke, and David Duke's turn, folks are butthurt.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron

"Not all Muslims"

C'mon now
Clearly I'm being facetious. I just think its funny that we've been murdering Germans, Russians and Middle-easterners in games for the last 25 years, but now that it's Bo, Luke, and David Duke's turn, folks are butthurt.

I want to keep shooting Nazis, Commies and Muslims, thank you very much.

If you want to shoot a white piece of shit, kill yourself.

deuxhero

Arcane

And that's assuming the Governor doesn't declare a state of emergency and call in the National Guard. If they wanted a small town America setting, War of the Worlds or Red Dawn would have made a plot that actually makes remote degree of sense.

Joevonzombie

Literate

"Not all Muslims"

C'mon now

Were you raised by Westboro or the Branch Davidians? You're taking all this a bit personal.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron

"Not all Muslims"

C'mon now

Were you raised by Westboro or the Branch Davidians? You're taking all this a bit personal.

Bill Clinton is a rapist.

Lambach

Arcane

It's insane how often the Westboro Baptist Church are used as an argument when they're just a family of 50, mostly lawyers, whose purpose is to provoke people into physical altercation so that they can sue the shit out of them for damages.

They are world's most hilarious scam and people are falling for it left and right. :lol:

deuxhero

Arcane
Another option for small town American without retardation is to set the game in a post-disaster (like Katrinia) town where criminals are in control and the police/national guard/fema are powerless. Hell, it actually sounds better for a sandbox: Flooded sections of town you need a boat or rooftop hopping to navigate, ravines that force you to go the long way around, fights over government food drops, looting caches that actually have a reason to exist, ect. Making it more than just "get to the edge of the map" is easily done by giving a second objective before escape (find someone or something). If you want a true big bad you can always make the disaster(s) the result of government experimentation gone wrong.

Shit Ubisoft, I came up with a better setting in 5 minutes!

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

It's insane how often the Westboro Baptist Church are used as an argument when they're just a family of 50, mostly lawyers, whose purpose is to provoke people into physical altercation so that they can sue the shit out of them for damages.

They are world's most hilarious scam and people are falling for it left and right. :lol:

Yup, whiny liberals actually fund their organization. It's really very ironic.

Joevonzombie

Literate

The fact that they're a scam is obvious. I only brought them up to get a reaction out of the easily triggered conservative in the thread and the fact that he went out of his way to go and shitpost things I posted ages ago means I succeeded.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron

The fact that they're a scam is obvious. I only brought them up to get a reaction out of the easily triggered conservative in the thread and the fact that he went out of his way to go and shitpost things I posted ages ago means I succeeded.

Only thing you'll ever succeed at is being a dumbass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom