Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Rev

Arcane
7 million units sold through Steam alone. It's safe to say the Rockstar Social Club version at least doubled that, since it was always cheaper than Steam version on key sites.
I agree with the overall meaning of your post, but I don't think it's reasonable to assume that keys, retail or Rockstar Social Club version doubled whatever was sold through Steam, since that's the biggest market on PC. It's possible that the game sold about 10 million units on PC, I'd say, which is still quite a lot, considering that the game came out only 1.5 years after the console release. And it probably sold better on PC than on Xbox One, so yeah, R* would have to be quite dumb not to make a PC version of RDR2 and lose a lot of easy money.

sullynathan

Arcane
I somehow doubt they sold 15 - 20 million on PC. Either way, Red dead didn't sell as well as GTA. The past 3 GTA games have outsold Red Dead Redemption.

7 million units sold through Steam alone. It's safe to say the Rockstar Social Club version at least doubled that, since it was always cheaper than Steam version on key sites.

And of course RDR didn't sell as well as GTA. Almost nothing sells as well as GTA :retarded:

But yeah, I'm sure you're right and Rockstar are not interested in making money, that's why they made console tards double-dip on GTA V :lol:
Steam is bigger than R* Social Club, do you honestly believe R* doubled Steam sales on their own shit? :nocountryforshitposters:

R* likes making money, it doesn't mean R* cares about putting their game on PC.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Best Selling PC Games:

Minecraft - 26 million
Terraria - 20 million
World of Warcraft - 14 million
Diablo III - 12 million
Counter - Strike 12.5 million
The Sims - 11.2 million

Why don't you PC guys just use your beloved Minecraft to create western environments?

Screenshot_2014-11-16-00-04-30.png

ModernMexicanVilla_2944879.jpg

You might just work out some of that negativity. Then you could try going outside! :):):):)

Maybe even meet some girls - ask your console friends to give you some tips. :D:D:D:D

We're glad to help you guys! :cool:

:positive:

From your console bro!

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wouldn't hold out on any hope of getting RDR2 within 24 months of hte console version though, Rockstar would have to do serious anticheat architectural work before that, and they've never like supporting PC in the first place.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I somehow doubt they sold 15 - 20 million on PC. Either way, Red dead didn't sell as well as GTA. The past 3 GTA games have outsold Red Dead Redemption.

And of course RDR didn't sell as well as GTA. Almost nothing sells as well as GTA :retarded:

But yeah, I'm sure you're right and Rockstar are not interested in making money, that's why they made console tards double-dip on GTA V :lol:
They are interest in making money, hence no concurrent PC release nor any confirmation of its eventual existence. Either would damage the console sales, as folks would pirate the game on PC (or wait to pirate it on PC) instead of buying it on their console.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Using steam is fine for larping a 19th Century cowboy, but I think I'll stick with electricity.

sullynathan

Arcane

They are interest in making money, hence no concurrent PC release nor any confirmation of its eventual existence. Either would damage the console sales, as folks would pirate the game on PC (or wait to pirate it on PC) instead of buying it on their console.
You actually think console gamers will wait to pirate shit on pc? Their games sold well on last gen and even better on current gen than pc

Ash

Arcane

You actually think console gamers will wait to pirate shit on pc? Their games sold well on last gen and even better on current gen than pc

Old post, but I think he means those that aren't single-platform gamers. Which probably isn't a huge number of people.

As for the trailer...It's futile to be enthusiastic about any extremely high budget game if you're a gameplayfag, but RDR wasn't terrible (wasn't great either) so...so kudos for not being terrible and I hope the sequel is also at least "not terrible".

Ezekiel

Arcane
I still prefer my name, Red Dead Damnation. About a good guy becoming bad, the reverse of the previous game's redemption story.

Edit: Oh, I already said that on the last page. I forgot I responded to this topic.

Wait what, there was ever a challenging Rockstar game?! O.o

Ohhhhh. I get it. You equate those funky helicopter controls of earliel games as the challenge. Igettit.

Challenging? Debateable, but at least the likes of Vice City felt interactive and fun. Since GTA 4 they've become movies/life Sims. I did one part of a GTA 5 mission literally with my eyes closed because of the targeting system.
While I found GTA V disappointing, I never understood why people get so hung up on the default targeting systems in these games. I mean, if it's that bad for you, why the hell are you using it? Is it that hard to search the menus? I never used auto-aim in GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 or GTA V.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Rockstar has been disappointing a lot lately, with their focus on online bullshit and cancelling singleplayer expansions.

I expect RDR2 to be infested with online bullshit as well.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Rockstar never dissapoints...... RDR 2 will be the best damn action game....... untill GTA 6 that is.
Rockstar will probably never make an action game as good as Max Payne 3 again. Their open world games are watered down mechanically and made to appeal to as many people as possible. GTA V was too successful.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
While Trevor was easily the best part of GTA V, that game was too short and far too easy.
RDR was good but bad and part of the decline. Not sure what it was, but something about the game. Maybe it was also too easy? I dunno.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
While Trevor was easily the best part of GTA V, that game was too short and far too easy.
RDR was good but bad and part of the decline. Not sure what it was, but something about the game. Maybe it was also too easy? I dunno.
I thought Trevor was the worst part of GTA5. I prefer to play a character I can at least sympathise with. My favorite GTA game was San Andreas and that guy was fighting to get out of his terrible hood, and most of who you killed were bad gangsters. Trevor was just a psycho with no redeeming qualities and I just wanted him to die.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I guess it depends on your view of killing innocent people as a kerrrrazy character. Some people are going to think that is epic luls. I just thought it was lame and I couldn't believe they chose those 3 shitty characters for their game. I didn't like any of them. The selfish neglectful scumbag father, the psychotic hillbilly, and the dumb hood rat gangster. I think they are getting lazy. But then there are a million other things that piss me off about the series too. I thought GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas were all decent and building towards something really special. Then it went to crap.

The biggest disappointment for me is that they brought in that hood wars thing in SA when the series desperately needed some innovation, and it was promising. I figured in future games they would grow that idea into something where you can build an empire in a real way, not just progressing the story and getting richer, but by actually claiming parts of the city as your own and having to protect it and fight against rival gangs and cops or whatever. One part GTA, one part The Wire. Maybe mix in a bit of SimCity or something so you can manage your crime empire's finances and build stuff. But then they just dropped the whole idea and went back to plain boring Gangster Quest.

It disappoints me so much that even all the lower budget half baked GTA clones are more memorable. Saints Row 4 was more fun because of the wild action packed missions, and flying around the city, fighting huge aliens etc. I think Mafia 1 and 2 was better as well because the story and characters are WAY better and some of the shooting sections were much better too. And best of all I think is Watch Dogs 2 which has all the hacking and flying drones and dropping bombs and stuff. At least that game has some innovation. GTA just shits out the same game every few years with a new skin. To me it is the Call of Doody of the open world driving/shooting genre. And and Elder Scrolls is the fantasy equivalent. All crap, all under developed because the average mainstream gamer is an easily pleased dimwit.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane

Dead Eye mode that refilled every other minute. That alone made the game too easy.
A lot of missions were pretty dull. Main missions and side quests both. Remember those missions where you follow a dog patroling around each town until it sniffs out the bandits? Utter shit. And even the majority of the main missions never got very ambitious, creative and varied.
It's an open world game...yet exploration was not adequately rewarded. Same as GTAV in that regard.
Gameplay overall was barely serviceable...if you ignore the Dead Eye Mode.

R*, just like damn near every other game company, stopped giving a adequate shit about gameplay in the mid-late 2000s.

Don't be a degenerate, Play GUN instead of RDR.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Disagree. Rockstar still knows how to make good games. Yeah, the slow mo is overpowering, but you can make your own fun. Like this guy:

Gun doesn't have the attention to detail of a Rockstar game. I want RDR2 on PC. I had more fun with RDR than with GTA V.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom