Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The character intros were ok - nice narrative touches like making you think at first she'd thin her booze with cheap stuff from a plastic bottle. Nothing extraordinary, but still quite nice. Or maybe I'm not that demanding ;)

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are trying really hard to flare up a controversy, they probably know their game sucks. The first image Ubisoft showed had been cropped up so the black guy and the white dudes that don't look like rednecks were left out. And now Polygon is pushing the "this is relevant to our times guys, there is even a Nazi cross lol" line. Pathetic.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
And now Polygon is pushing the "this is relevant to our times guys, there is even a Nazi cross lol" line. Pathetic.

I don't click on polygon links, but still (and again) how does the symbol look like an Iron Cross (which isn't even a "nazi symbol", but was first created in 1813)? The shapes are completely different.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
montana, eh?
ben-garrison.jpg

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
First Far Cry game I'm genuinely excited about. This might change as the release date comes closer.
Why? Gameplay and game structure is sure to be a carbon copy of FC3/4. If you didn't care for those games then I doubt FC5 has anything to offer you.

Rali56

Novice
First Far Cry game I'm genuinely excited about. This might change as the release date comes closer.
I don't really see anything that makes me excited or think it won't be more of the same.

Turns out the game has character customization, no set protagonist
So it seems Ubisoft has caught on to the new fad not that I'm complaining most Ubi PC turn out so bland and uninteresting so making your own sounds good to me.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So far, character generation is major change. Here's hoping that doesn't imply that game will be less story driven or that PC will be devoid of personality.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
So far, character generation is major change. Here's hoping that doesn't imply that game will be less story driven or that PC will be devoid of personality.

The FC3 pc was gratingly annoying to the point were I wanted him to die (a lot like nuLara, but more hollywood teen -like).
The FC4 pc was... Whatever.

I'm not sure how much worse they could really do.

Will be interesting to see if you don't "shoot republicans" as much as help the normal citizens there against the cult. That'd basically kill most of the controversy, and is thus a perfect big publisher -move.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I can't wait for the redefined, designed from the scratch gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom