Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Irenaeus family

amedealskillers.jpg

Rali56

Novice
this COULD be a pagan min situation, where the villain is actually the most sensible character in the entire game, but i really, really doubt it.
I doubt it. They aren't gonna pull that twist a second time especially when the villain is a religious conservative right wing. That will end up alienating a lot of there target audience,

RuySan

Augur
If they're aiming for accuracy, I hope most enemies are morbidly obese. I just finished shadow warrior 2 and that game felt sometimes hyper kinetic. I need something with slower enemies to play before bed.

decaf

Learned
There will be rotund kwans hiding behind suspiciously large blades of grass, or, since it's Montana, the cows.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
this COULD be a pagan min situation, where the villain is actually the most sensible character in the entire game, but i really, really doubt it.
I doubt it. They aren't gonna pull that twist a second time especially when the villain is a religious conservative right wing. That will end up alienating a lot of there target audience,

Wonder how much their target audience overlaps with people who actually buy and play games :D

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
https://www.gamerpros.co/inevitable-criticism-far-cry-5/
All of this is perhaps what makes Ubisofts’ choice of setting for Far Cry 5 so surprising, it will ultimately use core American values as motivation for what will be considered the enemy of the piece. However, if done well it could provide much needed reflection on U.S. culture that often goes unaddressed in the gaming market. Like it or not, religious extremism, separatism, and hostility to government are all characteristics of groups and ideologies that exist in the modern United States. Often times products of these core founding values are not immune to sinister or violent interpretation. To acknowledge that these exist may not make economic sense to sell a product, but it provides valuable reflection on a topic that many would like to keep suppressed.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If only there was a good and influential game where separatism, hostility to government, and a myriad of political themes appeared
mystery.png

39.jpg

RuySan

Augur
What suddenly is Far Cry so controversial? I'd rather shoot obese americans than Polynesians or Nepalese or even mutants.

To me Far Cry 5 is total incline.

waterdeep

Learned
fucking lmfao, crazy cultists with black people involved are going around executing/forcibly converting the peaceful white population of montana and you have to fight back. please tell me more about how anti white this is.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
^If you identify with christians and white supremacists, you'll naturally see this as a direct attack on you. Sadly, some folks in this thread apparently sympathize with those groups.

Athos

Arcane
So it will be the Peoples Temple on steroids. Too bad that was a commie cult.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom