Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Iznaliu

Arbiter
It was proven long ago, that women have less genuises and retards, their perfomance is more mediocre and stable.

Is there any actual proof for this statement other than Codex Wisdom™?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hi-res illustrations of companions from the artist's portfolio, if anyone's interested:

yz81Vem.jpg

sDvuArp.jpg

fsq7u0S.jpg

KBnffzN.jpg

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It was proven long ago, that women have less genuises and retards, their perfomance is more mediocre and stable.

From Wikipedia:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001115?via=ihub
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289610000346?via=ihub

My impression was that this is a pretty well established fact, only less prevalent than people might think. Meaning that it effects the very end tails of the normal distributions and mostly not the general distribution. This of course has large consequences for the extremes of capability, in percentages of each gender but small effects on the vast majority of people. (Meaning that unless you really are part of the top or bottom 1% it doesn't really mean anything)

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
Isn't this a high fantasy setting where people can fucking swap gender with a chug of a potion? I would expect all manner of weirdos to be running around.

deuxhero

Arcane
So, correct me if I'm wrong; Pathfinder is basically D&D but without stuff like beholders which are considered IP by hasbro (what else is missing?), and kingmaker is an adventure using the system/setting?
Pathfinder is basically D&D 3.75e. And yes.

What did they replace Beholders with? Hillary Clinton? Also is a low/mid/epic level adventure?

The niche of Beholders (and Mind Flayers) are filled by the Aboleth, the obscure aquatic psionic... things that rarely saw play (like virtually every other aquatic creature that wasn't attacking surface ships or striking at adventures from shallow water) are now the first civilization (this may not be 100% true, but it's common knowledge in the setting their empire at least predates human civilization) trying to reclaim their former empire after worldwide calamity destroyed it. It's actually a pretty neat bit as far as PF lore goes.

As for the adventure, it's a series of 6 books that go level 1-18, with suggestions for quests beyond that.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Hi-res illustrations of companions from the artist's portfolio, if anyone's interested:

yz81Vem.jpg

sDvuArp.jpg

fsq7u0S.jpg

KBnffzN.jpg

Look generic as fuck; they've technically well-executed, but uninspired. You don't really get a sense of the differences between the characters.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FFS!
It is Pathfinder. Complaining about generic stuff here makes about as much sense as doing the same in D&D.
There are some settings withing that are not generic, but that is not what they chose for the game - which was a good idea.

Besides... still better than anime style with cloud swords.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah Pathfinder has some interesting settings, probably wouldn't make sense for the first "proper" game adaptation though.

Also, not sure why everyone is getting so butthurt over Amiri. Most of the "iconic" characters in PF are over the top edgelord shit. Amiri also long predates the SJW stuff.

MCA is currently like Simpsons downfall years: all the young crpg developers coming through the ranks were inspired by his work, so they probably rate having 'MCA helped with the writing' even higher than the fandom.

Hopefully it won't turn out like Simpsons post season 5-6, where it ends up with lesser retreads by people with 100 different conflicting and utterly shite views about what a 'classic MCA written game' is.

From Wikipedia:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001115?via=ihub
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289610000346?via=ihub

My impression was that this is a pretty well established fact, only less prevalent than people might think. Meaning that it effects the very end tails of the normal distributions and mostly not the general distribution. This of course has large consequences for the extremes of capability, in percentages of each gender but small effects on the vast majority of people. (Meaning that unless you really are part of the top or bottom 1% it doesn't really mean anything)

It's like all the race/gender/sexuality/fucking-everything IQ tests - the SJW crowd cry Hitler at the mere mention of them, far-right and edge-lords take them as vindication, but in reality for 95% of population you'd need a truly insane difference in average ability (or spread of abilities) for it to translate into a meaningful difference in individual abilities.

Even the greatest of IQ distinctions based on race/gender looks utterly insignificant when you overlay the difference in male/female physical strength/fitness. Then you factor in that an average 13-14 year old girl who trains 2-3 hrs per day at a club level in athletics/swimming will be faster than the average beer-bellied couch-potato adult male - that tells you just enormous a difference in average ability (and male/female physical aptitude difference is enormous) you need to translate into any meaningful difference on an individual level.

The time when it all went mental, was when one scientist speculated that maybe slight differences in IQ - of the kind that are insignificant when dealing with individuals - might have real world impact when spread across the entirety of sub-Saharan Africa. A fairly harmless piece of speculation, as the very premise acknowledges that the differences at an individual level are too small to ever provide a basis for treating any one person differently. But again, people at both ends of the horseshoe spectrum went ballistic over it, and still do if you mention it.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Actual science?
For me it is hard to imagine how this question solved in western schools.
What they said to you - equity, Equity, EQUITY right? It is their answer on all question, or did you asked such question at all because of selfcensorship?

Azrael the cat I'm not talking about IQ or similar shit, because IQ is bullshit, it is so non-precise and cruse it's meaningless.
I'm talking about percentage of extremes - genuises and retards, which are significanltky more numerious among man, while women have less of both kind, while they are showing more stable results.
And thus men shos better results in science, greate scientists in general are men.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane

And how are they solved in your school? Durrr god says womyn are evul therefore their evul.

Yeah, fuck off, retard. Where did you get those percentages? Show them before making claims about the education of people who ask you where you got them. That only means you actually have no basis for them, and you just believe something you were told, which, admittedly, is just the thing christards do.

Also, if your problem is the lack of geniuses (trying hard to ape Lyric Suite, I see) in women, then I really wouldn't worry, it's not like gaming industry would really attract geniuses of either gender.

Last edited:

And how are they solved in your school? Durrr god says womyn are evul therefore their evul.

Yeah, fuck off, retard. Where did you get those percentages? Show them before making claims about the education of people who ask you where you got them. That only means you actually have no basis for them, and you just believe something you were told, which, admittedly, is just the thing christards do.

Also, if your problem is the lack of geniuses (trying hard to ape Lyric Suite, I see) in women, then I really wouldn't worry, it's not like gaming industry would really attract geniuses of either gender.
Funny thing is, the only places where Lycra Suitism was prevalent in schools in USSR and then Russia were our southern muslim regions.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
so you want gay and trans characters in this game?
if any devs are reading/considering this, i would just skip your game if you do that.

Think you were done with RPGs in 1975 then, when Gary Gygax published the Tomb of Horrors.

You had to step through gender bending portals to figure out how to get around the dungeon. My dwarf cleric became female, and also lost all of his equipment due to other technical consequences of using these portals

Efe

Erudite
devs can put whatever they want in their game.
i dont like it when outside forces push for their gender agendas on games and i will show it with my wallet. you got a problem with that?

Also wow such insight! how dare he make such a module! i should abandon RPGs as a whole!

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
devs can put whatever they want in their game.
i dont like it when outside forces push for their gender agendas on games and i will show it with my wallet. you got a problem with that?

Also wow such insight! how dare he make such a module! i should abandon RPGs as a whole!

I mean, threatening to withhold a purchase because they might include a storytelling element you dislike represents an outside force pushing an agenda on a game. In common parlance its called a "boycott."

Anyway, gender bending is a common trope in almost all ancient mythologies which serve as one of the primary sources of inspiration for fantasy worlds and role playing. Norse gods did it all the time, and you have the Greek prophet Tirsias, etc. That's why Gygax innocently incorporated in his module for humorous effect.

Rather than omitting gender bending, a more reasonable expectation is for gender bending to have literary rather than political merit.

For example, although a bit simple, a character who has been gender swapped but wants to return to their original gender is probably more literary than political because LGBT folks wouldn't like the political suggestion of a gender swapped character who regrets or doesn't like their changed gender.

I do think that writers can do better than that, though.

Efe

Erudite
so why do you think boycotting a games that push certain groups agendas requires me to abandon whole rpg genre?

Sacibengala

Prophet
I think that are little/almost none game that comes out today appeals to my tastes aesthetically . I think I am just getting old or something. I like the style of from software games, from witcher games, because they are more mature and stuff. That grim look is the only way to show more sober and adult visuals? I think not. (Aesthetically I like the visuals of the newer deus ex too, but thats it, Ithink.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom