Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Monster Hunter Generations

Perkel

Arcane
tumblr_inline_nvk3ivfIo51tv9snm_500.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Finally dragged myself through hell to awaken my Dreadking set. Now I can just pop the game on every now and then to help people with their urgents. I still need to do hyper Tigrex to fully upgrade my hammer, but, ehh. My hammer is plenty powerful as it is so I'm not going to rush it. I haven't even unlocked hyper tigrex yet.
Next up I'll go back to 3U and try using the GS properly. I messed around with it a bit in 4U but I crafted into the best G-Rank GS gear immediately and didn't go through the heroes journey and suffer through the humble origins of no Focus and Crit Draw. Hopefully it'll be fun.

Perkel

Arcane
Monster Hunter XX announced basically Monster Hunter XG:

- 2 new styles
- 2 new flagship monsters one new one diablos variant
- old monsters like barioth barrot diablos and other are back
- 2 new places shows, 1 completely new 1 desert from 2nd gen.
- G rank
- march 18, 2017. Judging by translation of X by fans probably something like two weeks after that more or less localized version.
- No info on western release but they don't plan to sell it a lot (only 2mln coppies in their prediction) so maybe there won't be western release.

Hopefully Giginox and Qurepco are back since i loved them most from 3rd gen.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This sounds like it's much better than Gen since it has Grank and cool monsters (Barroth!), but I'm already burned out on this particular title. Unless there's a way to transfer my save, I don't see myself buying this.

Perkel

Arcane
This sounds like it's much better than Gen since it has Grank and cool monsters (Barroth!), but I'm already burned out on this particular title. Unless there's a way to transfer my save, I don't see myself buying this.

No way they will allow you transfer. It is like just any other mh game.
Hopefully giginox and qurepco as well as few other will be back.

Theswweet

Literate
I wouldn't be surprised if the save transfer is a real transfer this time. MHX/MHG saves to ext data on the system, even with the cart.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Has this series improved it's hitboxes and world design since portable 3rd?

Yes.

World design? I don't why would someone look for that in a series where boss rushing is it's highlight quality, but yeah it's also improved especially in MHX. Some of the older areas got a revamp in terms of verticality adding a new dimension to how you look at it, Forest & Hills is a good example of this as it's no longer "flat" and so did Snowy Mountains.

No way they will allow you transfer. It is like just any other mh game.
Hopefully giginox and qurepco as well as few other will be back.

There will be a full transfer. Well, atleast the equipment, quest progress (muh hyabusa feather) and rank gets transferred and those are the only things that matter. I'm not sure about palicoes since I don't use them anyways.

sullynathan

Arcane
World design? I don't why would someone look for that in a series where boss rushing is it's highlight quality, but yeah it's also improved especially in MHX. Some of the older areas got a revamp in terms of verticality adding a new dimension to how you look at it, Forest & Hills is a good example of this as it's no longer "flat" and so did Snowy Mountains.
I meant more like how has the series improved it's use of its segmented world.

Declinator

Arbiter
which is better, this or 4 ultimate?
Both have their good points but 4U is a far longer game and I'm pretty sure it has a deeper pool of monsters. Generations doesn't have G-rank at all so you could say it never gets as though as 4U. Gen is 30fps and 4U 60fps.

However Gen has the combat styles, some of which are quite fun. I might even go as far as to say that the only reason you should pick Gen over 4U is if you are really interested in the combat styles or some specific monsters that only appear in it.

At the end of the day though, they are very similar games but 4U is better.

Perkel

Arcane
4U imo is better but that is like saying PES5 was my favorite PES game. Lack of gear, arts and styles truly makes it hard to go back.
Gen despite its problems is imo the most fun you can get out of MH game

Hobo Elf

Arcane
4U, without a doubt. But if you want to play Gen then don't bother buying it yet. They're going to release the new G-Rank version of Gen.

Vorark

Erudite
Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. announced

More information to be announced on May 27.
MHXX-Switch-Ver-Announce.jpg

Capcom has announced Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. for Switch.

The company will announce more information at Monster Hunter Championship 2017 in Sapporo on May 27. You’ll be able to watch it live on YouTube and Fresh starting at 12:00 JST.

Visit the Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. official website here.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/monster-hunter-xx-nintendo-switch-ver-announced

Isn't the online on the Switch paid?

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Is this the version with G Rank? GDI now I have to get a Switch.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Meh. Maybe if it was an entirely new Monster Hunter then I could see this being the system seller for me. MHX is not good enough to be a system seller.

Perkel

Arcane
Meh. Maybe if it was an entirely new Monster Hunter then I could see this being the system seller for me. MHX is not good enough to be a system seller.

I'd say that if they can get 60 fps, fix aliasing and resolution (which is worse than MH4U) and rework a bit textures it would be good in my book.

Problem is that this is XX version and we don't even fucking know if this will be released in west in first place.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm sure it'll come to the west. MonHun is a good system seller even here. May not push as many consoles as in Japan, but it'll still push consoles. Hopefully people realize that Switch has paid online though.

Perkel

Arcane
It should sell well because there are only 2 games on switch right now and bunch of indies no one buys. I think Disagea 5 will be third one.

Martius

Liturgist
Switch version should be localized sooner or later without the problem. Question is if Capcom will do same thing with 3ds version.

Perkel

Arcane
Switch version should be localized sooner or later without the problem. Question is if Capcom will do same thing with 3ds version.

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't do that for 3DS. I mean right now Switch is like 2mln sold total while 3DS is like 50mln+.

Hopefully with MH5 capcom will move MH to multiplatform (especially on PC).

Martius

Liturgist
Its always extra cost and according to Capcom XX sales in Japan were disappointing for them so maybe they will think its worth the effort. On the other hand Nintendo always helped with marketing for last Monster Hunter games on 3ds so maybe Nintendo would prefer to have XX localized on both systems. From what I can remember Nintendo partial funded Dragon Quest 7 remake localization so it could happen again.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It should sell well because there are only 2 games on switch right now and bunch of indies no one buys. I think Disagea 5 will be third one.

All of them are ports lul. The Switch version of MHXX is coming out a lot later after the 3DS version, so I'm not so sure how much of a system seller this game is going to be after all. Most people are probably going to be bored with XX by the time it gets released for the Switch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom