Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition GOG celebrates RPG Week, MS Paint your way to a copy of Tyranny or Pillars of Eternity

ArchAngel

Arcane
Spend 1 hour coming up with something funny (but not really). Spend 1+ hour dicking around in MS Paint trying to make it also cool looking in addition to funny (but not really). Then waiting until June 8th has passed and have a 0.01% chance of actually winning something (it will probably going to go to family and friends of GoG staff like it is done in any self respecting East Europe/Balkan country)
Or
Spend 5 minutes finding the right torrent and clicking the button to download it. Waiting few hours for it to download.
Or
Spend 5 minutes shitposting in this topic.

Hmm, what to do, what to do...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Then waiting until June 8th has passed and have a 0.01% chance of actually winning something (it will probably going to go to family and friends of GoG staff like it is done in any self respecting East Europe/Balkan country)
What? I thought it is up to DarkUnderlord to decide about the winner. These keys were given to the Codex afterall.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Then waiting until June 8th has passed and have a 0.01% chance of actually winning something (it will probably going to go to family and friends of GoG staff like it is done in any self respecting East Europe/Balkan country)
What? I thought it is up to DarkUnderlord to decide about the winner. These keys were given to the Codex afterall.
Haha, you are right. I only read 2/3 of first post and missed the part where we submit it here :D
Still, option one is still not the one worth doing.

Weasel
:lol: Dex competitions are usually just an excuse for targeted shitposting man, no need for a cost-benefit analysis if you're not interested.

Best example was back in 2013 when the offer of a Wasteland (abandonware original, not WL2) key was enough to provoke a long thread packed with raeptastic short stories :shittydog:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I call this "Josh Sawyer Ascending a Staircase":

szvEOt1.png

This shows a true genius in a most masterful way

Too much white, not balanced enough.
Cretin!
He is ascending the staircase. He did not arrive at the top yet.
True art inspires thought.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Not really. Since we write from left to right it is easy to assume left is then 1st and black is second. Since 1st means before 2nd, white is before black and it is not balanced.

Proto-Canaanite alphabet does the opposite. That's not a point. If I've put white up and black down or black up and white down, somebody could say for my hierarchy prejudice.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not really. Since we write from left to right it is easy to assume left is then 1st and black is second. Since 1st means before 2nd, white is before black and it is not balanced.

Proto-Canaanite alphabet does the opposite. That's not a point. If I've put white up and black down or black up and white down, somebody could say for my hierarchy prejudice.
So you accept that picture or a small variation does not represent balance. So do better.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
POST-GRIMOIRIC FUTURE EARTH

Did you mean Whales? Or has the master race finally conquered what remains of the Earth?

My entry is a thought experiment since my arms have been gnawed off at the elbows thanks to the stress of Waiting for Grimoire. I can only transmit words to my custom computer through the power of my mind, to be interpreted by perfectly functioning code of unalloyed genius (only runs on Linux).

Imagine, if you will, a blank canvas, 320x200 pixels. It is white. As you gaze at it you think you see patterns of colour, twisting at the edge of your vision, always slightly out of reach. It touches your soul in a way nothing has ever done so before, and you move closer, pleading for more. Curiosity quickly leads to frustration and you try and grasp one of these patterns, only for it to fade into nothing when you turn your eye directly upon it. You weep for what has been lost, for it was beautiful.

Time passes...

You wake, alone in your home, the curtains drawn against the darkness outside. The canvas is still there, taunting you with memories of a borrowed life. You try to recreate these visions on a now unresponsive background. It is no good - the hope has gone. You weep.

Time passes...

A movement. You drag yourself from the bed that has been your home for as long as you can remember. Your parched throat demands water, your shrunken stomach growls in pain, but it is only the taste of that vision you crave. Another movement. Hope?

Silence. You bow your head.

Thus do the dreams of the Believers turn to silent dust.

Weasel
You wake, alone in your home, the curtains drawn against the darkness outside. The canvas is still there, taunting you with memories of a borrowed life. You try to recreate these visions on a now unresponsive background. It is no good - the hope has gone. You weep.

Time passes...

A movement. You drag yourself from the bed that has been your home for as long as you can remember. Your parched throat demands water, your shrunken stomach growls in pain, but it is only the taste of that vision you crave. Another movement. Hope?

Silence. You bow your head.

Thus do the dreams of the Believers turn to silent dust.

o8TLJJt.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom