Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Haven & Hearth 2.0 is in development.

Atulack

Novice
The game is now fully free-2-play with some minor bonuses for subscribed accounts. The game is still far from perfect
Glad to hear they resigned from this p2p nonsense, but what do you mean by far from perfect? Just how bad is it?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That's not the way to PWAR GAEM.

Also, some quality drama today:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=43375

Edit:

End result...

hnh-15
When did the graphics go to shit?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Is anyone still playing this?
Nah, dropped it around the change of the engine.

The p2w changes were the last nail in the coffin for me. Its now basically pay us to level up, craft, gather resources etc faster than the non-paying peasants.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I thought so, just checking cos I fucking want to play some open world spergy game like Minecraft or h&h but there's nothing

Helton

Arcane
7 Days to Die is pretty fun too. Or Terraria, Starbound if you don't mind 2d (I thought I would but I've been sinking a ton of hours into Starbound).

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It's not really pay2win, you can't gain an advantage by outspending other players. It's more like subscribe2notLose, as long as you have a subsciption you can be fully competitive. Just treat the game as one with mandatory subscription that also happens to have plenty of Russian peasant NPCs running around :)

I'd be tempted to have another go at H&H myself, it feels so much better to play with the new push-out movement. But my temperament has changed in the last couple of years and I can no longer enjoy any kind of grindy gameplay. I still like the idea of the game, just not actually playing. Same goes for Minecraft and a lot of other similar games that I used to have a lot of fun with but now bore me in minutes.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Autism & Autism is finally getting a new world reset (11th) and some changes as is tradition
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=62967#p799543

Why do I keep calling the game "Autism & Autism"?

Cheese racks soft cap quality of cheese.

To be able to produce cheese in the game, you have to build cheese trays to hold the cheese and cheese racks to hold the trays.

The racks take massive amount of space, and are a pain in the ass to build. You literally have entire houses dedicated for the sole purpose of making cheese.

lDkwMJH.jpg

Building either requires you to cut down a tree, chop it into logs and cut it into boards. If quality doesn't matter, you can just cut any naturally grown tree.

If quality matters, you have to actually grow the tree yourself (which is time consuming and tedious).

Now, A&A is all about tediously raising up the quality of whatever you produce. So naturally you want to make the best quality cheese as possible, too.

In the past this "just" meant that you had to keep replacing the cheese trays, since those were capping the quality of the end produce.

With this update, not only you have to replace the trays, you have to destroy and rebuild the god damn racks as well. Which require player grown trees. Which need to be transported, cut down and chopped.

Ad infinitum.

"It was already tedious, but it can still made better. Which means worse." -Jorb Böglord, Co-founder of Seatribe Studios and renown welfare parasite.

This is why it is Autism & Autism.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In hafen's case that means that a raiding party will breach the walls of your autismfort, kill your cows, cut down your trees and rape your characters. And then they will eat your cheese.

And probably break your god damn cheese racks so you'll have to rebuild even those damn things.

Norfleet

This is why if you play this kind of game, you don't get to sleep anymore. CAN'T SLEEP, CLOWN WILL EAT ME.

I used to annoy the shit out of people who wanted to take advantage of the ability to raid people who weren't connected, because raiding people who were actively defending was insanely risky and painful, by simply lying there, in wait, until they thought I just had to be AFK..only to immediate react the moment the attack began and was in its worst moment for me to come alive.

Because I do not sleep. I wait.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
After grinding tedious shit for months, a new update comes that adds alchemy.

You craft a potion that gives a minor temporary buff in stats but comes with a long-lasting wound.

Do you drink it? (Y/N?)

unknown.png

Welcome to Hafven & Autism.

Norfleet

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom