Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

decaf

Learned
Looking at his other videos, that guy is going to "disappear" one day.

This is Russia. Either he's secretly been climbing into his friend's workplaces, or the locals don't actually give a fuck.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I have no idea why they even bothered adding the darkscape to OGSE. What a waste of my fucking time. And all for a document they could have put ANYWHERE in Yantar or in a lab or just about anything else.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
What is it with OGSE and pistols? Other than the Makarov PM and the Tokarev TT-33 there is nothing else available anywhere. I have stacks of .45 ammo and nothing to use it with even in late game. The only other pistol I managed to get by pure chance was a custom Desert eagle chambered in 9×39mm.

So either they are only in stashes or I'm missing a trader that sells them exclusively.

waterdeep

Learned
Just want to give my appreciation to this thread. It inspired me to play through SoC with the complete mod. Awesome game. Going to wait for misery 2.0 to give CoP a try.
holy fuck what am I reading. I know the post is 4 years old but jesus christ. complete? misery for first cop playthrough?

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I have no idea why they even bothered adding the darkscape to OGSE. What a waste of my fucking time. And all for a document they could have put ANYWHERE in Yantar or in a lab or just about anything else.

It seemed to me like Darkscape was nothing more than an excuse to get you to use vehicles. You have to go there a few times IIRC. Or maybe that was just for sidequests. The second time I played it I had the little car from Cordon that was used in some quest from Sidorovich (picking up weapons from the bridge outpost or something). Driving that thing around was certainly a lot quicker than the seemingly endless running I did the first time.

The thing I found most annoying about OGSE was how pants-on-head retarded some quests were. One at Darkscape will give you a few different dialogue options on how to compete it, one of them being, "Just kill the bandits" or whatever. And you can indeed do that. But according to the developer, that's the "wrong" way to do it, and it breaks further interaction. WHY IS IT A FUCKING OPTION THEN?

In another case, someone was asking how to get a crossbow for duty. The developer suggests jumping over the guard's head, adding that "it can be a bit tricky and might take a few attempts". What the actual fuck. That's not advice from some random player, this is the main developer telling them the (only?) way to complete the quest is a retarded exploit that makes absolutely zero sense in the game world. Christ on a bike. That's like having a quest in Skyrim requiring the player to place a bucket on someone's head.

Edit: Wait, I forgot Burers. FUCK THOSE ANNOYING BASTARD SHITS. Immune to bullets seemingly whenever they want, and at closer ranges can instantly and constantly disarm you, along with draining all of your stamina. I had one run up to me, drain all my stamina, made me drop my gun, then just stand there. I pull out my sidearm, he disarmed me again and continued staring at me. Pulled out knife, disarmed again immediately. Grenade? Disarmed. The moment I picked up any of my dropped weapons or equipped a new one I'd lose them again. I couldn't get away as I had 0 stamina. But he wouldn't attack, he'd just stand there looking at me. Laughing at my utter inability to do anything to harm him. CUNT.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anybody has tried the Wind of Time mod? It looks suprisingly good and its a standalone release like Lost Alpha

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Anybody has tried the Wind of Time mod? It looks suprisingly good and its a standalone release like Lost Alpha

Thanks for the reminder, I downloaded it yesterday then promptly forgot about it. I've been meaning to try CoP again for a while, but the last mod I tried seemed really good until I noticed it had made all the monolith disappear for some reason. What was supposed to be an intense firefight turned out to be a deserted treasure hunt. Welp. This one seems rather more substantial in its changes, so who knows. Will give it a go and report back.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Seems alright so far. Killed a pseudodog with a pistol (most of the magazine to the face), a zombie with 2 shots to the head, and a controller with a grenade and a few shotgun shells, so it's good to know they didn't go full retard with enemy health like some mods (where killing a bloodsucker takes 10 shotgun blasts to the face at point blank range). The only real issue so far is the translation.

9368556fca.png

:what:

This is one case where I'm glad there's vague quest markers, as I have absolutely no idea what the first part of the paragraph is trying to tell me, though I'm guessing that Woodman might refer to Forester. I'll just go everywhere, kill everyone, pick up everything, can't go wrong with that.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I've given up on OGSE for now due to its stinginess when it came to weapons and the lack of overall amount of weapons it has to ofter. Then I realized that my only other options are the armed zone which is tied to the Misery mod, something I have a very low tolerance for. Or waiting for Narodnaya Solyanka to be updated, And i have an even lower totlerance for its opening cave section. Thats if it doesn't crash trying to load it.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Completed Wind of Time. Despite being listed as a mod for CoP, there isn't a single CoP map used in the game, with the majority taking place in SoC zones (Yantar, Rostok, Army warehouses, Agroprom, Radar) or Clear Sky (Red forest, Limansk), plus a few custom-made underground labs. If you enjoy firefights with other NPCs or factions, then don't bother: you hardly get into any, and the engagement range of NPCs seems gimped to the point where most can be effortlessly taken out at range anyway. There didn't seem to be too many sidequests either (and most were copy-pasted from SoC), and the main story was fairly straightforward. It also crashed quite frequently (even while I was just standing around checking my inventory), 2 of the sidequests broke, and the scientist in Yantar once escaped from the bunker and ran off outside, requiring reloading the previous save. Also worth noting I never found nor received any unique (or even upgraded) items, aside from some odd artifacts now and then, so random crap from loot or traders is basically as good as it gets. As for the actual story (yeah there's a story), it was barely comprehensible most of the time due to the poor translation, and aside from a wall of text near the end, there wasn't much to it anyway.

Special "What the fuck are you smoking?" bonus award for introducing (extremely annoying) exploding midgets to the game.

Overall I'd give it meh/10. Would not re-install.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Holy shit! The new Metro game looks as close as we gonna get to Stalker 2. Wish they released modding tools or at least an editor it looks magnificently Stalkerish

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It looks like scripted QTE/cutscene sequence not actual game. Unless there's some new footage besides what was shown at E3.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Maybe it a cutscene or a bull shot or whatever but we know what those guys are capable of not only with Metro but as legit parts of the Stalker teams... so that gives me more hope that anything else since Stalker 2 isnt probably going to happen

chobbes

Educated
Can someone guide me through step-by-step on how to install the latest version of Call of Misery (with English translations)?

What are the recommended gfx and weapon addons for CoM?

Much appreciated.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Like the title says, I bought STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (for 3.5 jewros at my local store).

I don't know if this one is the best of the series but I decided to buy it because I know the series has quality and I had been avoiding trying it for too long.

What are the best Mods to install?

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
Autumn Aurora 2
It's mostly a graphical mod with some minor gameplay and weapon tweaks , you can still go with it even if you haven't played the original , since it doesn't change the plot or adds new areas , so it's more like vanila on steroids .

Latro

Arcane
AMK + ZRP. AMK makes it feel like a war-zone and ramps up the difficulty by throwing in AIs that actually roam around the areas (in addition to invisible anomalies, blowouts, and more muties). If you want the Zone to feel like it's actively trying to kill you, install it. Otherwise it's just a gritty sand-box game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom