Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Classic C&C -- the big thread!

Decide...

• Dune 2

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • "Tiberian Dawn" (VGA)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Red Alert

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Tiberian Sun

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Red Alert 2

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Emperor

• (i'm a fag...thus:) Generals

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • (i don't care about lore rape, thus:) Tiberium Wars

• Dune 2000

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • (i like wacky stuff...) Red Alert 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Tiberian Dawn" (Gold/SVGA)

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Tiberian Sun is the absolute pinnacle of the entire Command & Conquer series.

I LOVE THAT GAME THIS MUCH

GloomFrost

Arcane
Tiberian sun. A perfect combination of sci-fi, post-ap, plot, gameplay and atmosphere. I got Origin ages ago just to buy Command and Conquer bundle.

Freddie

Savant
It's been ages and I'm not that sure I remember all the differences between RA1 and RA2 correctly, so RA2 with a hunch.

I recall I wasn't that interested about RA when it was published but after numerous recommendations I decided to give it a go and it turned out to be really fun game. I don't recall I had huge expectations to Tiberian Sun, but it still felt like it was missing something. I don't think it was features, game tempo perhaps or something in mission designs?

RA2 was great game again. I think the combination of tongue in cheek setting, mission design and stuff like that made RA spinoffs work for me.

Generals had some interesting missions, but I played them through mostly because I was curios. Tiberium Wars was something totally forgettable. RA3 had IIRC 2-3 missions that were fun and claustrophobic camera didn't help and that's about it.

Quatlo

Arcane
Kane's Wrath is fucking awesome. CnC 3 was pretty trash, but expansion pack really made this game solid 9/10 rts game. Anyone who denies it either didnt play it on multiplayer or is retarded contrarian and can go fuck himself.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I admit Kane's Wrath was pretty cool. I liked the faction variations, and it was nice seeing GDI get walkers again. As they should.
I think they even brought back Visceroids, which was great.
Not quite what I wanted for a C&C, but it was still pretty nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom