Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
amJoum.jpg

nop, gaem definitely wasn't supposed to have weapon durability :M

MapMan

Arcane
Does having alien powers affect the ending? I still haven't completed the game, actually I'm early on but I'm torn whether to use alien powers or not.

Also I feel like I can become quickly overpowered by crafting neuromods. Is it true?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Does having alien powers affect the ending? I still haven't completed the game, actually I'm early on but I'm torn whether to use alien powers or not.
Not really. What matters most for the ending is helping people. Do your sidequests.

I went full typhon powers and still got the good ending.

baturinsky

Arcane
I thought only difference is what comments you get after titres, no? And you always have the same two choices?

(After seeing some vids) - heh, looks like it is indeed possible to get real bad ending without choices.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So, do to all the glowing codex reviews, I got it for ps4...

Anyone know the code for the security booth on the lobby? Where you find the glue gun. I've read the codes are random in-game, but I've yet to find the clue for this one.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So, do to all the glowing codex reviews, I got it for ps4...

Anyone know the code for the security booth on the lobby? Where you find the glue gun. I've read the codes are random in-game, but I've yet to find the clue for this one.

such desire for instant gratification

Israfael

Arcane
Check the second floor, it's a fun place to search for this code (not sure if it's there though, i just hacked the lock)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You should 'sequence break' and glue gun jump your way to the second floor. Alternatively, you can fix the elevator. Alternatively you can stack a few boxes. Alternatively you can get the improved jump. Alternatively you c-

Well, you can see why I like this game.

Sadly, I have to concur with some others: it overstays its welcome a little - just like SS2, come to think of it. The last parts are a little bit of a drag. Not terrible, but- could be better. At that point you truly are swimming in resources. I think my save has 200 (!) Neuromods used, with 3 (!) maxed out trees. I would suggest some mod that removes neuromod crafting, or triples the cost. The survival mod that is floating around doubles the skill costs and makes crafting tougher, so that's a good start.

In all fairness: I find the endgame in SS2 dull as well, starting with the UNN Rickenbacker. And I was also swimming in resources at that point in terms of hypos and ammo. However, cybermodules remained nice finds as you could not craft them, which was a big plus in favor of SS2.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
From the few hours I have played today, I find that there is a clear progression in terms of neuromods in the early game, such as +recycling, +inventory, +health, hacking, repair and strength to move shit out of the way.

I don't think the ambience and audio logs /emails that I have found so far is as good as SS2 early game.

Overall I'm having a more fun time than I had with both dishonored games (finished a rape everything playthrough of dishonored 2 with Emily last week, so it's fresh in my mid).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Imagine my surprise when I open the cargo bay doors, the 5 or something aliumz on the other side come in, I splash one with the q-beam... and its explosion makes all the rest explode as well. I had no idea whatsoever that the explosion had a blast effect. The q-beam is really wasted in this game cuz of the lack of enemy 'mobs' :/

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
From the few hours I have played today, I find that there is a clear progression in terms of neuromods in the early game, such as +recycling, +inventory, +health, hacking, repair and strength to move shit out of the way.
One thing about strength is that you can nudge/tip over objects by throwing other stuff on it. Now at the point I found that out I had strength 2 already, so maybe you can't do it without the extra throwing power.

rezaf

Cipher
One thing about strength is that you can nudge/tip over objects by throwing other stuff on it. Now at the point I found that out I had strength 2 already, so maybe you can't do it without the extra throwing power.

The physics engine is a bit wonky and it's often possible to drop something light in a way that it pushes something heavy out of the way. Doesn't always work, but you can often weasel your way into places.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sadly, I have to concur with some others: it overstays its welcome a little - just like SS2, come to think of it. The last parts are a little bit of a drag.

yo morgan get to cargo bay

good now get to reactor core

good now get to arboretum

good now get back to reactor core

[optional]

hey morgan btw have you seen my wife in crew quarters

eh morgan come back here to the lobby plz

yo morgan get my stuff from the crew quarters will you?

sup m. yu here i am waiting for you at the bridge

"a little bit" indeed :///////

At least in SS2 you actually progressed instead of backtracking through a hundred million billion loading screens.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The game takes three seconds to load an area on PC and at least in my version of the game backtracking was minimal other than optional sidequests, which the game lets you solve and start even without having taken the quest, though.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
The ending quests are pure back and forth, most of which are required for good ending.

The game felt long and dragged because of that, and also with how frontloaded it is with the enemies/equipment/talent availability. It's only about 30 hours long but felt like twice as much.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
other than optional sidequests, which the game lets you solve and start even without having taken the quest, though.

False.

Can't find the security guy's wife in crew quarters without triggering his quest.

Can't open Igwe's safe without triggering his quest.

And then you gotta get back to both of them (lobby and cargo bay) to get the quests finished. And then there's also Ilyushina in the lobby who wants to learn about her father, a middle aged guy.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I have finished a LOT of quests I haven't ever taken. But yes, there are exceptions.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
negus im not talking about quests all over the game that can indeed be finished without taking them, but about the ones you get in the endgame, which can't be

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
So two or three completely optional ones that pop up only late due to story reasons require backtracking? Oh no.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
So two or three completely optional ones that pop up only late due to story reasons require backtracking? Oh no.
Completely optional in the sense that they are just variables for the good ending i guess?

The ring one can be done out of order actually, i did, but it might be dependant on the order you explore some areas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom