Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Black Angel

Arcane
During TG questline, when dealing with the Boatmen in the Slums, you had an option to ask Isandros where to hire some muscles. Is there even any NPCs available for it? The first time I see that option and Isandros's reply, I immediately think of Hermon and his men. Yet there's no option to ask him, and there doesn't seem to be any NPCs in the Temple and the Slums who's up for it. Is that dialogue option just a fluff, or did I missed any NPCs?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
During TG questline, when dealing with the Boatmen in the Slums, you had an option to ask Isandros where to hire some muscles. Is there even any NPCs available for it? The first time I see that option and Isandros's reply, I immediately think of Hermon and his men. Yet there's no option to ask him, and there doesn't seem to be any NPCs in the Temple and the Slums who's up for it. Is that dialogue option just a fluff, or did I missed any NPCs?
You missed them.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Talk to Rusty, he will put together a good fighting crew for you.

“As if living here wasn’t bad enough... We have to die for this shithole too?” asks an inspired warrior. “We’ll fight, boss, no worries,” says another man quickly. The rest seems to share his sentiment.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
So basically, if you killed the Raiders and get to interact with the villagers (like buying alchemy stuff from the Elder), you get a chance to either sneak into the vault, or intimidate the guards with high Bodycount after single-handedly killing all the Raiders by yourself to gain access. When you get out of the vault with the Extract, before the newest patch I get an option to attack the villagers and slaughter them, or give the extract and leave, or just leave with the extract. This time, with the new patch, no option to attack at all. Should I send a save?

Your memory is playing tricks. The option to attack was always only if you didn't take the elixir.

The elder sends one of the guard to check. When he returns and nods, confirming your words, the elder says, "You speak the truth, but you did sneak into the sacred vaults. I'm sorry, but you have to leave at once."

- "You leave me no choice then." Attack.
- Leave.

The elder sends one of the guard to check. When he returns and shakes his head, the elder says, "You did take it. I'm sure you have reasons for doing so, but please consider our reasons as well.

"If you take this elixir, you'll doom us all. I beg you to return the elixir and tell that woman who sent you that there is no truth to the stories he's heard. Otherwise, more men will come and keep on coming until they break through our defenses and take what they want by force.”

- Keep the elixir and leave.
- Give the elixir to the elder and leave.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I compared it with the file from two years ago and it was always like that (as a matter of fact, there was no option to attack at all two years ago).

Probably there might have been a bug at some point that didn't recognize that you had the elixir, or you didn't have it because you used it to make the potion with alchemy. But in the design there was never an option to attack when you had the elixir.

Parabalus

Arcane
I can attest that you can't fight them if you helped them previously and grabbed the elixir. So just go in, leave w/o elixir, kill them, then go back for the elixir. It's daft and metagamey but works.

You can also manually start combat before you enter the building, but then they aren't all clumped up nicely next to a choke point.

Amon-Shi

Barely Literate
I guess I might just ask here since devs are monitoring this thread and it's (somewhat) active.

I've been playing AoD a lot (slightly less than 200h) like a year ago and came back to it recently. I see a few things changed and I have a few questions.

1. I started playing as a combat crossbow thief and noticed that the crossbow passive never procs for some reason. I checked and I see that the knockdown effect was replaced with a simple -3 AP penalty.

That's fine, my question is, why doesn't it show in the combat log? I made some tests and the penalty does work, but it is not shown in the combat log so it's hard to tell when it procs or not.

Also, does the penalty stack? Example- if I'm able to shoot Bolter 4 times in a single turn and every shot hits/procs the passive for a total of -12 AP, does that mean the enemy will basically skip a turn? I know it's not likely, but it's bound to happen eventually.

2. I see Hellgate lasers were nerfed hard, instead of a permanent HP decrease they just deal measly 10 damage and temporary -1 CON. Any particular reason for that? All in all it makes them pretty harmless as it's easy enough to heal damage and temporary stat damage. I used to level lockpicking on my combat loremasters just to disable the generators, now there is no reason to do that.

3. Why is there no way to change the direction you are facing? I saw a few people saying it has no effect on gameplay, but that's simply not true- attacking from the side gives a 10% THC bonus while attacking form behind gives 15%. Proof below:

FacingTHCd74ed.png

That's a pretty significant THC bonus.

treaper

Novice
The last patch notes suggested there's an ending where Meru summons Balzaar and enslaves humanity if you did nothing to interfere with the whole mess. Is this actually possible to get?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The last patch notes suggested there's an ending where Meru summons Balzaar and enslaves humanity if you did nothing to interfere with the whole mess. Is this actually possible to get?
Think it requires a bit more than doing nothing. The default if you stay unaligned is that Gaelius wins, so you probably have to do nothing except blow up Maadoran. At least I'm pretty sure that was the case the last time I checked. Just killing Gaelius is probably not enough, so need to be Daratan praetor or go to the abyss.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, were the magi doing anything supernatural from in universe perspective, or were they just men of science who weren't just understood by their contemporaries?

And was there any indication what were the motives for the Dreamer and the Flamewalker to stick with the empire? If I understood correctly the decanus in charge of installing the "don't stab us in the back" feature delegated the job to the qantari who never intended to do it in the first place.

Zeriel

Arcane
They hated the strongest/most tyrannical otherthing ("Baal" if I recall correctly?) more than they disliked humans. Although their like/dislike for humans is probably irrelevant, they saw the empire as just a tool to help their struggle against Baal. If they had won, you can pretty obviously see they would have treated humans as slaves.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
Is there any way to get to Al-Akia as an assassin? I was reading that before it was not possible, but has this changed?

Even completing all the assassin quests/siding with Varro and aligning with Meru, I don't get sent there. He just lets me see his library, which doesn't doing anything at that point. It just seems strange that even though my character knows Al-Akia exists and has the astrolabe that it's still impossible to get there if you follow through with the AG quest line. I'm trying to become a god, although apparently there is a hitch in my plans.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I think the only way to do it would be ejecting from the Assassin quests in Maadoran by going to Ganezzar early, making you guildless so you could join Meru from there?

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
You guys are right, it seems the only way to go to Al-Akia is to become a Praetor in Madoraan by swearing your service to House Aurelian there and to have him cut your guild ties. It is weird that even visiting The Arch doesn't unlock Al-Akia as an independent option if you wanted to go that route since that area is purely lore-based and the being there tells you of Al-Akia. After playing through the AG quest line to the end, I ended up loading a slightly earlier save, entering revealMapLocation("AlAkia") in the console and it let me go there and I could then go see Ben and perform the ritual to ascend. Since going to the Hellgate can be done independently (like the Arch), it was perhaps supposed to be implemented in the first place.

Black Angel

Arcane
Yeah, seems like they overlooked it. Hopefully they would tweak it with a patch.

We'll look into it.
So how's this going? I'm putting my 989838923098th playthrough on hold until all the training session get adjusted to the new SP system.
I know the team is on full swing through TNW development now, but is this tweak released yet? My 989838923098th playthrough is sitting prettily and waiting :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom