Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jason Liang

Arcane
I just noticed that you can buy white leather belts from vendors for 2 wisdom scrolls.

No wonder the value of Chaos is tanking. 10-12 wisdoms trade for 1c right now.

Guess I'll be picking up all the Wisdom scrolls now. And f** IDing shit, IDing 12 things cost 1 chaos.

UPDATE: Spent 30 minutes selling 72 belts for 12 c. I am out of scrolls. How many scrolls can I buy for 1 c?

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
I just noticed that you can buy white leather belts from vendors for 2 wisdom scrolls.

Guess I'll be picking up all the Wisdom scrolls now. And f** IDing shit, IDing 12 things cost 1 chaos.

UPDATE: Spent 30 minutes selling 72 belts for 12 c. I am out of scrolls. How many scrolls can I buy for 1 c?

Sell transmutes/scraps for lots of scrolls.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Legacy League economy sure got "interesting" while I was playing Factorio.

League's so dead that you have to pick up your own scrolls now, because none of the people who used to bother and also put them up for trade are playing anymore. :lol:

ArchAngel

Arcane

How does buying white belts help?

Quatlo

Arcane

Headhunter is a leather belt. By the way, its the very reason why I've stopped playing this league, my friend chanced it and it was really disheartening for me :(

ArchAngel

Arcane

Headhunter is a leather belt. By the way, its the very reason why I've stopped playing this league, my friend chanced it and it was really disheartening for me :(
So chaos value is tanking because everyone is trying to chance Headhunter?!

deama

Prophet
How many exalts do you have to have to be considered middle-class? And how many do you need to be considered rich?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
So, with Fall of Oriath coming out later this year I've gotten interested in trying out Path of Exile again. I first discovered the game back in its open beta and stopped playing right around the time they just released the Sacrifice of the Vaal expansion. Never got beyond normal difficulty, since I didn't really plan out my builds too well.

This time I want to create a character that can pass the highest difficulity level and do all the content. Then I will farm with them and build characters based on what items drop for me.

That is the plan anyway.

Since I don't have any items I assume a caster based build would be best right? Or could I do a melee character and still achieve my goals?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Gotcha.

I am interested to see what new things they have added to the game since 2014. It sure has come a long way from the open beta when it was just two acts.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
How many exalts do you have to have to be considered middle-class? And how many do you need to be considered rich?
50-100ex+ is pleb rich for sure, as it should enable most builds with nice gear.
even some pieces of legacy stuff if you play on Standard.

if you take mirrored gear into account, well, there is a whole other level of richness required.
same goes for crafting mirror worthy gear to have a mirror service of your own and generate passive income with it ect.

T. Reich

Arcane
Why would you want to know? "Wealth" is pointless unless you need it for specific things.

Anyways, that's how I'd range "wealth tiers":
Disclaimer: total "wealth" here is the total amount of all currency you accumulated during your typical temp league, regardless of time played. A lot of people actually can't appraise their own wealth for shit.
1) Poorfag/casual/noob - less than 10 ex - these people don't play much, they don't play far (barely into maps, if even), and they pley either "beginner-friendly" or homebrew builds. 5-links, "vendor trash" uniques, cheap rares. Still, more than enough to get a good feel for the game and have fun.
2) Lower middle class/plebs - 10-50 ex - Mathil fanboys and/or more or less competent but not knowledgeable people, play moderate-high amount of time, but aren't very good at it. Cheap-ish 6-links or expensive 5-link endgame uniques, can do either one fully-geared "endgame" build or a couple of mid-tier builds per league, or more if they resell gear once done with a build. Play into endgame, but not too far, or not for too long.
3) Upper middle-class/hardcore crowd - 50-150 ex - know their shit about the game, know the market, are into active trading/farming/crafting/flipping as ways to generate currency, but nothing exceptional (no market manipulation, just go with the flow or exploit minor market trends). Can either afford one uber-optimised (but not mirror-grade) endgame farming build or a few highly-optimised but still relatively inexpensive endgame builds. Play a lot, but tend to call themselves "casual" on Reddit (lol).
4) Rich fuckers - 150+++ ex (usually 500 ex+, because once you go rich, it's really easy to scale that wealth upwards if you want to) - these are people who really know how the markets in PoE work, AND they know how to make the markets work for them. Top players, streamers, professional big-time crafters and traders/flippers. Usually part of or closely associated with certain big-time guilds. PoE as a full-time commitment. These are the people who go super-fast, get there first, roll in $$$ from selling access to where they got first, then while the rest of the playerbase catches up, they start doing another thing first to make even more $$$, while simultaneously reinvesting $$$ they made into item/currency flipping or some good shit crafting.

Personally, I'm 3, with total wealth depending on how much I'm interested in the game at the time.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
in a related matter.
i hate price fixing to get stuff cheap, so scammy. there was a guy yesterday that advertised a relic Soul Taker with 380+ dps for 18ex.
yeah bud, sure.
thing sales for 40ex plus easily (maybe even way more, havent tracked for long enough, but 60+ on Standard, which should be a good estimation, especially for a shiny relic one)
so i decided to troll him anyways bacause autism. once i copied the message from poetrade the tab mentioned was "SUCK MY DCK, UNDERPRICED"
lul
well, turned out, he wasnt price fixing but didnt care anymore and just wanted to yolo build smtg and needed quick currency.
*cashing*

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why would you want to know? "Wealth" is pointless unless you need it for specific things.

Anyways, that's how I'd range "wealth tiers":
Disclaimer: total "wealth" here is the total amount of all currency you accumulated during your typical temp league, regardless of time played. A lot of people actually can't appraise their own wealth for shit.
1) Poorfag/casual/noob - less than 10 ex - these people don't play much, they don't play far (barely into maps, if even), and they pley either "beginner-friendly" or homebrew builds. 5-links, "vendor trash" uniques, cheap rares. Still, more than enough to get a good feel for the game and have fun.
2) Lower middle class/plebs - 10-50 ex - Mathil fanboys and/or more or less competent but not knowledgeable people, play moderate-high amount of time, but aren't very good at it. Cheap-ish 6-links or expensive 5-link endgame uniques, can do either one fully-geared "endgame" build or a couple of mid-tier builds per league, or more if they resell gear once done with a build. Play into endgame, but not too far, or not for too long.
3) Upper middle-class/hardcore crowd - 50-150 ex - know their shit about the game, know the market, are into active trading/farming/crafting/flipping as ways to generate currency, but nothing exceptional (no market manipulation, just go with the flow or exploit minor market trends). Can either afford one uber-optimised (but not mirror-grade) endgame farming build or a few highly-optimised but still relatively inexpensive endgame builds. Play a lot, but tend to call themselves "casual" on Reddit (lol).
4) Rich fuckers - 150+++ ex (usually 500 ex+, because once you go rich, it's really easy to scale that wealth upwards if you want to) - these are people who really know how the markets in PoE work, AND they know how to make the markets work for them. Top players, streamers, professional big-time crafters and traders/flippers. Usually part of or closely associated with certain big-time guilds. PoE as a full-time commitment. These are the people who go super-fast, get there first, roll in $$$ from selling access to where they got first, then while the rest of the playerbase catches up, they start doing another thing first to make even more $$$, while simultaneously reinvesting $$$ they made into item/currency flipping or some good shit crafting.

Personally, I'm 3, with total wealth depending on how much I'm interested in the game at the time.
By that list I am 2) but because I get bored with the character and roll the next one. And I don't copy Mathil's builds :)

Hyperion

Arcane
Ascendant Class Changes revealed today. Think Bex hinted at Passive Skill Tree being revealed tomorrow, we'll wait and see.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1901674

Elementalist
  • 50% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken (New)
  • Damage Penetrates 6% (+1%) of Enemy Elemental Resistances
  • Gain Elemental Conflux for 6 (+2) seconds when you Kill a Rare or Unique Enemy
  • Can Summon up to 1 additional Golem at a time (New)
  • 30% increased Damage of each Damage Type for which you have a matching Golem
  • 4% reduced Elemental Damage taken
Necromancer
  • 20% increased Skill Effect Duration (New)
  • You and Allies deal 30% (+15%) increased Damage while affected by Auras you Cast
  • You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to Chaos Resistance (New)
  • 2% increased Attack and Cast Speed for each corpse consumed recently
  • 15% increased effect of Offering spells
Unchanged
  • You and your Minions have 4% Physical Damage Reduction
Occultist
Unchanged
  • 20% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 1% of Energy Shield Regenerated per second
  • Enemies you Curse have -15% to Chaos Resistance
  • 20% increased Damage if you've Killed a Cursed Enemy Recently
Assassin
  • +1.5% (+0.5%) to Critical Strike Chance
  • 20% (+10%) chance to gain a Power Charge on Hit against Enemies that are on Full Life
Unchanged
  • +40% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Enemies that are on Full Life
  • Your Critical Strikes with Attacks Maim Enemies
Saboteur
  • 10% increased Movement Speed if you've placed a Mine or thrown a Trap Recently (New)
  • Traps and Mines which have been Armed for 4 seconds deal 50% increased Damage (New)
  • 20% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed for throwing Traps
  • Damage Penetrates 6% Elemental Resistances if you Detonated Mines Recently
Unchanged
  • 20% chance to create a Smoke Cloud when you place a Mine or throw a Trap
  • 5% increased Damage for each Trap and Mine you have
Trickster
  • 50% (+20%) increased Recovery Rate of Life, Mana and Energy Shield if you've Killed an Enemy affected by your Damage Over Time Recently
  • 15 Mana Regenerated per second if you've used a Movement Skill Recently (New)
  • 100% increased Mana Regeneration if you've used a Movement Skill Recently
Unchanged
  • 20% more chance to Evade while on full Energy Shield
  • 20% increased Damage while not on full Energy Shield
Raider
  • 10% increased Movement Speed (New)
  • 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy (New)
  • 10% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill
  • 25% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments
Unchanged
  • 4% chance to Dodge Attacks
  • You have Onslaught while on full Frenzy Charges
Pathfinder
  • 10% increased Movement Speed while using a Flask (New)
  • 50% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike (New)
  • 30% (+5%) increased Damage while using a Flask (changed wording from during Flask effect)
  • 10% chance for your Flasks to not consume Charges (New)
  • 50% increased Flask Charges gained
  • 50% chance to avoid Freeze, Shock, Ignite and Bleed during Flask effect
  • 4% reduced Elemental Damage taken during Flask effect
Deadeye
  • 30% increased Projectile Speed (New)
  • Projectiles gain Damage as they travel further, dealing up to 50% (+20%) increased Damage to targets
  • Attacks have 15% chance to cause Bleeding
Unchanged
  • 30% chance of Projectiles Piercing
  • Skills fire an additional Projectile
Slayer
  • 50% reduced Reflected Physical Damage taken (New)
  • 40% (+10%) increased Damage against Rare and Unique Enemies
  • Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life (New)
  • Culling Strike
  • 10% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as Life
Unchanged
  • Your Damaging Hits always Stun Enemies that are on Full Life
Champion
  • 20% (+10%) chance to Fortify on Melee hit
  • You and nearby Allies have 30% (+15%) increased damage while you have Fortify (Yes, this is the only instance where damage is written with a lowercase d before and after the change)
  • 5% (+1%) reduced Damage taken from Taunted Enemies
Unchanged
  • 20% chance to Taunt on Hit
Gladiator
  • 4% (+1%) additional Block Chance
  • Attacks have 20% (+5%) chance to cause Bleeding
  • 3% increased Movement Speed for each Hit you've Blocked Recently (New)
  • 30% of Block Chance applied to Spells
Unchanged
  • 30% increased Damage if you've killed a Bleeding Enemy Recently
Chieftain
Unchanged
  • 15% chance to Ignite
  • 30% increased Damage while you have a Totem
  • Regenerate 2% of your maximum Life per second while you have a Totem
  • Gain 15% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage if you or your Totems have Killed Recently
Juggernaut
  • 20% (+10%) chance to gain an Endurance Charge when you are Hit
Unchanged
  • 30% increased Armour
  • Cannot be Chilled
  • You cannot be Stunned while at maximum Endurance Charges
Berserker
  • 20% (-5%) increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed if you've taken a Savage Hit Recently
Unchanged
  • 5% increased Damage taken
  • 10% more Damage
  • 1% of Damage Leeched as Life if you've Killed Recently
Hierophant
  • 50% (+30%) chance to gain a Power Charge when you place a Totem
Unchanged
  • Skills in your Helm can have up to 1 additional Totem Summoned at a time
  • 25% increased maximum Mana
  • Gain 10% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
Guardian
  • 25% reduced Effect of Curses on You (New)
  • You and Allies affected by your Auras have 5% additional Block Chance (New)
  • You and Allies affected by your Auras have 10% (-2%) increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed
  • Every 5 seconds, remove Curses and Elemental Status Ailments from you
  • 3% additional Block Chance
Unchanged
  • You and Nearby Party Members Share Power, Frenzy and Endurance Charges with each other
Inquisitor
  • 25% (+5%) increased Elemental Damage
  • 120% increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies affected by Elemental Status Ailments
  • 30% (+10%) chance to create Consecrated Ground on Kill, lasting 8 seconds
Unchanged
  • Take 8% reduced Elemental Damage while on Consecrated Ground

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

You definitely need wealth if you want to build around game-changing T1 uniques. Many of them offer not only raw stats but also unique mechanics and/or alterations to existing mechanics.

Without wealth, there's no access to these uniques, and a lot of top-tier builds that I've seen (excluding Shavronne's/ES cheese builds; I don't read those because they don't interest me, but I'm sure there are a lot of them) do rely on one or more T1 uniques and won't work without them, hence the "budget" builds.

T. Reich

Arcane

You definitely need wealth if you want to build around game-changing T1 uniques. Many of them offer not only raw stats but also unique mechanics and/or alterations to existing mechanics.

Without wealth, there's no access to these uniques, and a lot of top-tier builds that I've seen (excluding Shavronne's/ES cheese builds; I don't read those because they don't interest me, but I'm sure there are a lot of them) do rely on one or more T1 uniques and won't work without them, hence the "budget" builds.

Lolno. A lot of "game-changing" uniques are actually relatively common drops.
Most expensive uniques are purely dps optimisation (mostly flasks + Shavs + HH) and/or endgame utility optimisation for hyper-optimised builds that start to rely on top-tier rares to push their damage (Skyforth, Acuities).
About the only exceptions I can think off the top of my head are: Abberrath's Hooves (gimmicky and VERY rare), that one golem jewel (purely due to being very rare), plus a couple of upgraded breach uniques (the Chayula sword and the Uul-NEtol shield).

Care to prove me wrong? List the "gamechanging" uniques that I didn't mention, which are worth 1ex+ - say how they are gamechanging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom