Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

pippin

i was talking about sandstorm actually

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
www.vampyr-game.com

https://www.focus-home.com/en/news/...ourney-into-1918-london-with-the-ascalon-club

Vampyr's bumper E3 trailer begins journey into 1918 London with the Ascalon Club
08 June 2017
id-9.jpg

Fly through the streets as imagined by DONTNOD Entertainment, in the bumper E3 trailer for their upcoming narrative driven action-RPG Vampyr. Witness deep into the heart of a flu-stricken London, where secret societies operate in the shadows.

Accompanied by the rock song Devil by IDA MARIA, set out on an exciting journey with an uncut sequence shot throughout the city’s dark alleys, deadly underground passages and corrupt neighbourhoods and get a first glimpse at The Ascalon Club, a society formed from the richest vampires, unbeknownst to the mortals.

You are Dr. Jonathan Reid, a famous surgeon home from the Great War and recently turned into a vampire against your own will. As a doctor, you have taken an oath to save lives and take care of the sick. As a vampire, you are cursed to hunt those you vowed to heal.

To survive against deadly foes roaming the streets – vampire hunters, undead Skals and other monstrosities – you will need to choose which civilians to feed on, so you can grow stronger and evolve your vampiric abilities. Use your unholy powers to manipulate and delve into the lives of those around you – but be prepared to live with the consequences of your actions. A web of interconnected citizens with unique lives and relationships react to your decisions, and killing just one may cause the downfall of an entire city district. Your actions will save or doom London.

Vampyr releases November 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Preorders are now open.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I really really really hope this one delivers. The setting has potential to be delicious. Great atmospheric trailer.

Aenra

The trailer was kinda shit

Kinda? ^^

Trendy, post-Rock Amerikwana music (we're teens with sharp brains, going against the maaan, like), shiny, glossy visuals, overly lit areas because graphikzzz (and never mind how it really was at that period), emoshuns, moral dilemmas and sensitivity. In an non-moddable akshun RPG. Made by people who apparenlty relate Vampire slayer bunnies and modern teen-oriented Vampire T.V. series (love, teen existential drama and edgyness) with the concept of vampirism.

Define kinda please :)
To be fair, considering their previous game, one shouldn't have been expecting miracles here, O.K. But honestly? The soundtrack choice epitomizes the kind of game this is looking out to be. Sad panda.

(teenies will probably love it though, guess that's the point, end of the day).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The soundtrack choice epitomizes the kind of game this is looking out to be.
Listen man, when the trailer announcement specifically mentions the cool rock song they used to make it a cool music video, you know it's sheer marketing that has nothing to do with the game. Plenty of good games have had "sweet" lowest-common-denominator trailers.

Now if that song is in the game anywhere except over end credits*, then I'll agree with you.

*Asylum dance floor also allowable.

Aenra

The soundtrack choice epitomizes the kind of game this is looking out to be.
Listen man, when the trailer announcement specifically mentions the cool rock song they used to make it a cool music video, you know it's sheer marketing that has nothing to do with the game

If you think that "setting" the mood, purposefully choosing something like this has nothing to do with the audience they're going for and/or their personal views.. well, let us at the very least acknowledge how thanks to people like you, standards keep getting lower, no problem :)

Out of topic? Don't you have me on your ignore list? ^^ I really love how half the faggots here press buttans to add people to their ignore list, but are quick to reply nonetheless when they get 'offended'/their 'x' anticipated game is criticized..
Take that dick out of your ass and act like a man. If possible; may be too late.

Morgoth dude, you've pre-ordered half the PS4 games library.. your not being concerned is respected (honestly), but hardly an assurance, you know?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the hell is up with that haircut and beard. Close buzz back & sides, thick on top, trimmed beard but longer than the hair ... nobody looked like that three years ago, much less 100. This game is set in 1918 London, right? Is this guy gonna ride a fixed-gear bike to where he brews his own beer?

Seriously, I was excited for this game but if we can't change the 21st century hipster 'do I may be officially dealbroken.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Watched the video. I see they're enticed by Dishonored (art style, even blink ability), but I doubt it will come close to Dishonored's careful planning required that makes its gameplay so great.

Looks like it's gonna end up mediocre on the gameplay front and maybe good to very good in the story/quest department.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I mean, they've developed two games that prepared them for something like this, covering both action combat and story choices, but from what I've seen this appears to be one of those "looks good in stills, really exposes how janky it is in motion" kind of productions. Not that I really mind but I hope camera stays away from characters' face during dialogs if this is the best they can do in that department, for example.

Paul_cz

Arcane
You cannot have static dialogue scenes like this anymore. This shit does not fly after TW3. The hipster lumberjack also dissapoints. I always imagined Jonathan looking dignified, Sherlock Holmes style, this is the opposite. His voice acting is pretty good though.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Hopefully that is ehhhhh "alpha acting" not representative of final product

No, that is "ehhhh limited budget from small publisher" kind of acting that won't miraculously turn into Sony first-party studio quality acting in the final product.

Not that it actually matters much. Story and world presentation is what's important.

Aenra

That med cross blinking on top of your potential "victims", lol... probably for the hard thinkers right? :(

And then you get fucktards like Zombra telling you "no no, no decline here, no man. Just because all these shit elements are in the game, don't mean it's gonna be shit! It's artistic choice!".

Now of course, who knows.. if these can be disabled, O.K., maaaybe there's hope. Otherwise we're looking at what Roguey calls the typical second-rate Eurotrash game here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom