Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, people hate mueller?

Is it because he keeps cock blocking glorious olivier?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
fuck i got obliterated in
cassius bright
boss battle.

he is fast as fuck, his attacks are almost all AOE. i really have to get serious on this. this is legit the first boss in the series (playin on normal on all 3) where i have to calculate my orbment setup to get optimum performance.

oh well, earth wall and grail spehere spamming here we go

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You should spread your party out as much as possible against him, also applies to the arena fight against him and Loewe later. Most dangerous thing about Cassius is his line-based craft (I think it was called Armor Rend) which causes delay so it can completely fuck up your party if they are clustered together.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Tita is superhuman
she is boss lackeys killer. Smoke bomb amd vital canon makes most multiple enemies fight a cakewalk.

Then again nothing beat olivier + kloe with end level orbments and ATS/Speed boosting equipments. Basically jeal your party full every turn and deal 5000+ damage to all enemies per turn.

Kevin has crazy amount of ats too but his EP isnt as much, but he still deal Lmost as much damagr as olivier with arts.

I beat the nightmare arena using kevin, tita, kloe, olivier

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Tita is pretty useless on the highest difficulty tbh.

Joshua, Kloe, Richard, Mueller, Olivier and Kevin are the most powerful characters IMO.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm currently on the fourth plane, and my go-to squad ATM are Kevin, Josh, Olivier and Kloe.

Speaking of Olivier, the game naturally didn't truly "start" until he became a companion of course.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Btw, difficulty advice for people who have not yet played these games:

1) Start on hard. Normal is way too easy for people who are competent at RPGs, which most Codexers probably are, and nightmare can be obscenely difficult unless you are already familiar with the game.

2) There is a 'Retry offset' option in the options menu which makes enemies weaker if you die and retry in a battle. At least for me, it was on by default when I launched TiTS 3rd for the first time so consider if you actually want to use it.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Sigh. I loved the world and the details and the fun and silliness of LoH:TitS and I miss it. The end of FC just went too weebo for me - I'm still western at heart.

Deleted member 7219

Finished Trails of Cold Steel 2. It was brilliant.

There's a bit of Japanesey stuff at the end but nothing overbearing.

Characters are well developed just like CS1, great plot twists and story shakeups, and it is so satisfying to gear/orbment up your team to fit your playstyle and watch it all come together.

Now I'm looking forward to the PC ports of Cold Steel 1 and 2. Playing it from the comfort of my office chair (rather than a couch), with my monitor up close on the desk in front of me (no squinting at a TV across the room), and with the benefit of high resolution and anti-aliasing... it's going to be great.

Now back to Trails in the Sky 3....

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Gotta say that Schera's moon door has thus far been my favorite one. Not only do I find it the most fun, but i dug how it fleshes out my fave waifu from the liberl arc even more but also does so with Aina.

And the feels man...

b74b83f5d6.jpg

The second best one would have to be the Tita/Agate doors, where Erika Russell ended up becoming a Schera and Sara-tier waifu with her antics. :love:

This track is win also.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It seemed to use the same spot and bait tables as SC so it's pretty easy in the end, though RNG is of course a factor. If you aim for the relevant small fish and use them to catch the big fish, it's p. easy. I think I won the last match by almost 1000 points :shittydog:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Well, running around Grancel in chapter 2 amongst endless tanky knight battles has broken my will to progress for now. Man, I don't know what it is about the dungeon crawling experience in these games that puts me off so much. I even finally got Cheat Engine to speed up the combat, which helps, but not enough. Fighting against trash mobs is so incredibly boring, and thus far rather difficult to skip. Despite playing on Hard, it's basically impossible to die to normal enemies, and boss fights have mostly been easy to blow up with stacked S-Crafts. It's so bad I find myself yearning for Persona 5 combat, which is not that great either.

I'm now playing Labirynth of Touhou 2 instead, and having a blast.

Deleted member 7219

Well, finally got around to finishing the fishing mini-game(thank aidios).

In other news, here's an off-screen trailer for CS3.

Need my waifu Alisa though...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom