Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deleted Member 16721

No, don't do that. Give it to me. :D

octavius

Arcane
Patron
How is mod support for Siege of Dragonspear? I'm mainly thinking of SCS.
Baldur's Gate is next on my play list, and I was considering a Baldur's Gate EE - Dragonspear - Baldur's Gate 2 EE run, but I'm not sure how much Dragonspear will ruin (disregarding the SJW writing) or enhance the experience.

I understand the encounter design is quite good in Dragonspear, but will it be too easy without SCS compared to BG1 and 2?

Will character(s) imported into BG2 from Dragonspear be too powerful? Does it import only CHARNAME or the whole party like BGT supposedly did?

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is no SCS for SoD. But you can put difficulty on Insane and turn off bonus damage for enemies. That only makes Insane give you more enemies and better AI.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SoD's encounters were designed by a modder, so it's natively a kind of SCS-lite (smart, but not hardcore difficult)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How is mod support for Siege of Dragonspear?

Most mods have become EET-compatible, which means most mods have become SoD-compatible. That doesn't mean their changes apply to SoD though, as is the case with SCS.

I am primarily waiting for Level1NPC functionality since Item Randomiser recently got compatibility. When L1NPC is EET-compatible, I suspect I'll finally switch to the EEs.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what's the final verdict on SoD now that the dust has settled in "be angry about sjwsland"

Em1FO99.png

Not enough people here have played it to have a final verdict.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've been playing it. It's actually not a bad game. I'm enjoying it. I haven't beaten it yet, though.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The person who probably played it the most here is Lilura, you might want to check out his SoD impressions on his blog.

I only played it through once :P but there are a couple hundred comments by users that fill out some of the reactivity/tidbits that I didn't discover.

agris

Arcane
Patron
How is mod support for Siege of Dragonspear?

Most mods have become EET-compatible, which means most mods have become SoD-compatible. That doesn't mean their changes apply to SoD though, as is the case with SCS.

I am primarily waiting for Level1NPC functionality since Item Randomiser recently got compatibility. When L1NPC is EET-compatible, I suspect I'll finally switch to the EEs.
Most? Does that include dudleville fixes, item upgrade, tactics (the components not redundant w/ SCS, RR and atweaks), and ascension?

DemonKing

Arcane
It's average at best. The limited range of NPCs means you're basically forced into having a sub-optimal party (I had to use Viconia as a tank because the front-row fighter options are really limited). The background graphics look worse than those featured in IWD 17 years ago. There's a few decent fights but an awful lot of filler combat where you end up fighting the same enemy types over and over again on some maps.

The storyline is nothing special and the whole thing is basically unnecessary. If you're a hardcore IE fan it doesn't bring anything to the table that you haven't experienced before.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Let's face it, Siege of Dragonspear stands as the best campaign of the current gen.

Its UI/pathing routine extensions on base IE, its scripted waylays with sub-ARs, its sheer amount of reactivity and choices during sieges (puts Tyranny to shame), its solid combat encounters, dungeon design and sensible itemization (aVENGER), its Legacy of Bhaal mode, its replay-friendly skippable dialogue and cutscenes, and its overall polish are proof of this. Not to mention EIGHT romances. And I hear an IE veteran wrote a great walkthrough for it, too. Plus, Android and IOS versions in the pipeline.

Siege of Dragonspear will go down as a classic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom