Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Whenever I look at GOG there's a Witcher franchise sale, except when I actually want to buy Blood and Wine to complete my Witcher 3 collection. :(
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-blood-and-wine?hmb_source=search_bar
-50%
you won't get it cheaper
Or get Seasion Pass for better deal
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-expansion-pass?hmb_source=search_bar
yes, both are GOG keys

got mine because I made mistake and bought basic game week before GotY announcement...

pippin

What? Saints row 2 GOG version runs under 30 fps on the lowest settings for me yet the STEAM version runs far better

Well it was a crappy port in the first place. I use the "Gentlemen of the Row" mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-the-row

I'll play the game first and if I like it enough, I'll get some mods.

Well it's pretty hard to do that with SR2 since it's legendarily known as a terrible port.

sullynathan

Arcane
What? Saints row 2 GOG version runs under 30 fps on the lowest settings for me yet the STEAM version runs far better

Well it was a crappy port in the first place. I use the "Gentlemen of the Row" mod. http://www.moddb.com/mods/gentlemen-of-the-row

I'll play the game first and if I like it enough, I'll get some mods.

Well it's pretty hard to do that with SR2 since it's legendarily known as a terrible port.
The steam version runs much better than the GOG, that's the one I'm using

Modron

Arcane
The steam version runs much better than the GOG, that's the one I'm using
You're kind of hobbling your experience by not using Gentlemen of the Row, none of the modifications are out of line with the original experience and you can tailor what you want to install along the lines of the Infinity Engine games' unofficial patches. Not to mention it fixes a ton of crap. Furthermore, the saints row games are all one and done kind of affairs so you would be missing out on a better experience.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Everything's an rpg
Is this RPG?
1200px-PIAT_cropped.jpg

edit.

Last edited:

hellbent

Augur
I have this game on a CD. Never bothered to actually play it. Is it good?

I haven't played in about 15 years, so most of what I remember is the art style and the fast pace. It's a good looking game for its time and seems to hold up well from the pics. It's akin to a real time, squad based Diablo where you can control 4 different samurai. The art style and leveling is similar to Diablo and other action RPGs of the time. It's up there with Divine Divinity in terms of being a fun ARPG of that time from my recollection. I'm looking forward to finally playing it again; I sold the disc before I finished the game years ago b/c I needed the dosh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Metal Slug games are classics and everyone should try them out,don't know how good the ports are though.Of course MAME is always an option for these games

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are any of these gook games any good?
Among the fighting games, The Last Blade is a classic, and the two KoF games they included are two of the better ones. Samurai Shodown is also good, but imo 4 is the best one and it's not included. The early Fatal Fury games I'm less of a fan of, maybe one day they'll have the actual good game in the series (Garou).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Metal Slug games are classics and everyone should try them out,don't know how good the ports are though.

If these are direct ports of the Steam version of Metal Slug then some tinkering is required to get rid of needless lag while playing.

Check the Guides section for the Metal Slug games on Steam for info on how to achieve this.

Krivol

Magister
Metal Slug games are classics and everyone should try them out,don't know how good the ports are though.

If these are direct ports of the Steam version of Metal Slug then some tinkering is required to get rid of needless lag while playing.

Check the Guides section for the Metal Slug games on Steam for info on how to achieve this.
Today I've heard that lag in MS3 (don't know about lag in other titles) is intended as this game had it on arcade machines. Never played any of those so I could not confirm.

pippin

When people make threads about gorgeous 2d art, at least half of the screenshots are always from The Last Blade.

Also the lag is an integral part of the MS series. I heard it's there because the devs kinda had to pay for the game with money from their own pockets...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom