Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fort Triumph - fantasy nuXCOM-ish game

laclongquan

Arcane
Why else do you think their KS failed? I am started to get worried given that my game is in the same genre, and I am not very active on Twitter (or anywhere else, except here).

Leaving aside the game itself and focusing only on the campaign side of things:

One is a marketing/PR failure. If I hear about it first on Codex, and never hear about it anywhere else, something has gone seriously wrong. Two is audience-related, I really don't see an overlap between the hardcore TBS squad tactics crowd that would appreciate the environmental manipulation stuff, and the Blizzard-style aesthetic and humor demographic.

If you're gonna go the indie route, you have to learn how to do your own social media publicity, as distasteful as that may be. For all the ills of publishers, they at least understand marketing.

This is the best point to illustrate how amateur the game indie devs are. The defining quality between an amateur and a professional (or would-be) game developer is how importance they hold social, media, publicity. Nowaday, if you consider that point like a leprosy you have to touch, yeah, well, you aint gonna go far with your game.

This is Internet Era, biatch! There's a ton of games are begging for my/our attention that I dont even bother to notice because it's rare that one is worth the bother, AAA or indie.

Social media publicity is how you get your very own, small, target audience to notice your game. Craft very fully, doing it with full attention, years after years, and maybe you get 100k of copies sold. See VD and his AoD.

If you think it's a distasteful job to do, either find a guy good at it and leave it to him. Treat him with care, not as a leprosy handler, mind.

Or get the hell out of game indie job. You're just not going to get anywhere with that attitude. Go get a job with a professional studio, doing what you are assigned to do and let the pros deal with PR and stuffs.

Mozg

Arcane
"Medieval" when they mean World of Warcraft makes for a butt-devastating click

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Kickstarter is currently at $53 000.
They might reach basic funding goal.

edit.
dailypledges.png

dailybackers.png

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Kickstarter is currently at $53 000.
They might reach basic funding goal.

3 hours later already at 61k, they learned from Figstarter's slush funds.

The game - art style aside - looks ok, but not exciting. The falling pillar as their key environmental physics element in the trailer is more boring then Blackguards' chandelier.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are crazy close, $70,188 pledged of $75,000 goal , 43 hours to go. I'm really on the fence about this one. I guess I'll feel a bit bad if they fail it last moment? But also Im not sure if it'll be any good?

Mazisky

Magister
The art may be not the best, but any xcom-like game must be incentivized, if you think about it there are very few titles like that and most of them are sci-fi.

Has ever existed a fantasy Xcom?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forttriumph/fort-triumph-tactical-rpg/posts/2000496

PAX Was Super, now Backer Beta is Launching!

Greetings, mighty ones!
Our long warpath continues, and our last month has been exciting, exhausting and ultimately great. As always, time to fill you in on our plans and show some of the fruits of our labor:

dd9d326ab599e3de7cbef99b58e70de1_original.png

IT IS COMING! As promised, we're about to send you an invitation to our closed backer beta. This is a new phase of development, with a build that includes all of our previous branches and test build feedback. We need you more than ever to help us polish and improve our game before we start adding in more.

56298645f324424e00f3a3aa0b4d3064_original.gif

Naturally, it is still a very early work in progress and our first beta, but with your help and feedback, there is little doubt in our hearts we'll get it to a fun, smooth state in a few weeks. Those who played the worldmap test will notice the changes, as well as a bunch of new abilities, some of which were suggested by players!

a2515cb614577bf7aa124fe27edd2948_original.gif

Every backer with a digital copy of the game in his pledge will be invited to the closed beta via Kickstarter PM in the next 24 hours. We need your feedback, bug reports and suggestions, either in our forums or in the Steam community - of course, you can always Ctrl+Alt+F8 inside the game to report a bug directly, and we've been getting more of those recently to our great joy.

Testing access backers will keep getting experimental builds and special tests throughout the beta period - most of you have already gotten your access information, if you have backed for testing access and still didn't claim it - hit us up via PMs and we'll get you in there.

c67006513473fe14b6d557270d0f9541_original.png

We are also opening up the T1-T2 enemy name pool for submissions! Eligible namers will get a private message over Kickstarter reminding them of their earned reward and we will get those names in the game as soon as we have a good pile of them gathered.

b99ba6c876524acfd385ed0e753ce1a8_original.png

If you are eligible for the Hero name pool which we have announced a couple of months ago and haven't yet chosen your hero name, please send us a message - it is important for us that you get every reward and perk you have earned, and are here to help you get it.

a5bb4ed328f83f9cda669689abb925cd_original.png

We thought we had a blast last year, but 2017's PAX West blew our minds and went far beyond our expectations. Last year, we showcased a single Minibooth with an early prototype and only got a few dozen players giving it a shot, this time we had an actual booth with four computers, and whadya know, it was packed pretty much throughout the convention.

Click for Facebook Gallery

It was thrilling to meet so many of our players, and make hundreds of new ones - we were especially happy to meet some of our backers and thank them in person.

We'd like to thank every player, youtuber, podcaster, journalist and anyone else who spent time with us and enjoyed our game. Towards the end of the convention, we had a small meet up and gave away our first 3D printed miniature!

Congrats to Odin, new happy owner of Gobbo!

Tons of gratitude to Alienware for providing us with shiny, high-end gear and enabling us to run our game smoothly for the entire convention. You guys rock hard! Intel also deserves praise, as they have granted all Indies attending as part of the Megabooth resources to upgrade their booths and merchandise.

Lastly, the Indie MEGABOOTH itself is one of the best initiatives for indie devs on the planet, they have been amazing, supportive, helpful and even after four days of hectic events, they always found ways to make things better for all of us developers. We are grateful and thankful for the opportunity to attend as part of your team.

7a88e73755b8d37d0bc32e5c56362401_original.png

During the long months of work on Fort Triumph, our team grew and now that our game is happening we sat down to choose a name for our company. Don't ask how long that decision took, nor how many voting rounds, but we are now happy to introduce ourselves as Cookie Byte Entertainment (PAX visitors have benefitted by getting a steady flow of cookies to our tables ;) ).

96d5282c7c91b950229ab42f2444341c_original.png

Following PAX, we've had an influx of partnership discussions with publishers, production teams, service providers and direct investors. After a few weeks of moving things along, things are starting to take shape and we hope to be able to close the deals we need to make Fort Triumph successful once released.

Naturally, as soon as any deal is finalized will be the first to know. For now, we are holding to our timetable and planning to focus on the new beta for at least 3-4 months before moving towards Early Access on Steam. Should we get enough feedback and resources, we hope to start the Early Access period around February, but as always - it will be released when both us devs and you adventurers are happy with our product.

3157b30592d80610c1132a9718156d42_original.gif

Charging towards our next objective!
As always, we are thankful for your continued support, and invite you to talk to us directly (info@forttriumph.com), via our forums or on any social channel - hearing your thoughts and opinions about the game is crucial to make it better with every iteration.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Never thought artstyle would keep me from playing a game, but this garbage cartoony WoW stuff is such a huge turn-off.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never thought artstyle would keep me from playing a game, but this garbage cartoony WoW stuff is such a huge turn-off.
Yeah, I'm very much on the fence, too.
On one hand, the mechanics look really interesting, something I'd like to play.
On the other hand... candyland :decline:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I agree - I'd prefer if the game had Mordheim art style. But the dialogue is also pun, jokes and cringe heavy, so the art style fits the not so serious tone.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The players characters are more on the kiddy/Nickolodeon/genericDisneyTVshow style. Whether or not that's better than WoW is up to you lol.

Environment is more like a vibrant nuXCOM, maybe with less resolution textures.

Seems like the generic characters/monsters are not cartoony.

A lot of the cartooniness seems more like lack of texture detail, perhaps they're still working on graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom