Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 Thread

thesoup

Arcane
I can't believe just how shit the engine is, performance wise.

v1rus

Arcane
I can't believe just how shit the engine is, performance wise.

Doesnt look half bad when you get used to it tho.

Also, got Nadir. ^_^ You saved my ass Haplo , else, my OCD would go crazy.

Now, I just need to find out does anything fuck up if i delay talking to Raymond. Dont wanna read wiki, cuz of spoilers, and yet, i always do sidequests first, then main quest.

thesoup

Arcane
Talking to him asap will mess something up depending on a certain decision in the previous chapter.

v1rus

Arcane

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Jesus this thread is a decade old. I was but a wee little man playing WoW when Codexers were calling each other faggots over this game.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
What's the special reward for collecting all cards?
Sadly there's no harem ending. Oh, when will someone make a western AAA RPG with custom waifus...

The shittiest long quest is the one for the dentist - takes a whole game to complete and the reward is totally meh...

v1rus

Arcane
I always hated the fact that rpgs mostly ignore the fact that different people react completely differently to women and men. Sure, there are couple of dialogue changes, but that ain't nearly close to how much would have to change.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
My female protagonist was referred to as male more than once in Underrail.. a game released in 2015.

v1rus

Arcane
My female protagonist was referred to as male more than once in Underrail.. a game released in 2015.

It's not about typos. Its how most of the stuff would develop entirely different if the protagonist was of different gender.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's not about typos.

They're not typos but rather embarrassing oversights.

Its how most of the stuff would develop entirely different if the protagonist was of different gender.

I know what you mean, but I just felt like giving an example that they can't even get pronouns right.

thesoup

Arcane
The correct way to patch Underrail would be to remove the female option altogether.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What's the special reward for collecting all cards?
The shittiest long quest is the one for the dentist - takes a whole game to complete and the reward is totally meh...

Eh? The best steel sword, by far, is meh?
Sure some teeth may be easily missable/used up by alchemy, making it possible to fail this quest, which can be annoying. But complaining about the reward? Really?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom