Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kentucky Route Zero - magical realist episodic adventure game

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just played Act I and I really like this. So far it's more an "interactive work of art" than a "game", which suits me fine in this case as the art is good.

A lot of reviews I read said it's fine that it's not complete yet, many people said it's actually better to not play the whole thing at once but to play one act at a time and wait a few months between. So that's the plan.

v1rus

Arcane
What the hell is up with this game? Just played through ACT I, and I must say, I have no idea what to think. I guess it was quite a ride and a great set up, since I got goosebumps more than couple of times. Still, for some reason, I'm afraid its going to turn shit sooner or later. Gonna play through the remaining Acts tomorrow.

How did ya guys like it?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the hell is up with this game? Just played through ACT I, and I must say, I have no idea what to think. I guess it was quite a ride and a great set up, since I got goosebumps more than couple of times. Still, for some reason, I'm afraid its going to turn shit sooner or later. Gonna play through the remaining Acts tomorrow.

How did ya guys like it?

Just started to play it myself. Got it from the latest Humble bundle. Anyway, it is atmospheric, and narrative mechanic is kinda cool. It does feel a bit hipsterish though, much randomness but I guess it will all come together at the end- or at least I hope. I'm at act III.

During act II in the forest you come across this song:

:love:

v1rus

Arcane

How did ya guys like it?

Just started to play it myself. Got it from the latest Humble bundle. Anyway, it is atmospheric, and narrative mechanic is kinda cool. It does feel a bit hipsterish though, much randomness but I guess it will all come together at the end- or at least I hope. I'm at act III.

During act II in the forest you come across this song:

:love:

Well, while act I left a big impression on myself, I still havent started act II. I guess I'm waiting the right kind of mood.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another really cool moment was...

...when you get to choose the lyrics for that love song in the bar. Kinda hit close to home.

Still no idea what to make of the game after finishing chapter III.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Well, while act I left a big impression on myself, I still havent started act II. I guess I'm waiting the right kind of mood.

Gonna be interesting to see how you like the rest. If you thought the first act was weird :P

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Final act is coming out on 28.01. Console ports, too.

And also the last interlude (i.e. epilogue), The Death of the Salesman Hired Man.

TDOTS was a major visual source of inspiration for the devs (not necessary this particular staging, they're all pretty surreal):

6d72ad_d926a9e22f7c4cffa05611e2598aee49~mv2_d_4000_2248_s_2.jpg

Picture+043.jpg

doas-8-1030x687.jpg

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Also The Death of the Hired man is a long poem by Robert Frost and you all got 3 weeks to find the hints for the ending!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom