Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Israfael

Arcane
About the destruction - I distinctly remember few explosions when I was exploring Tech Lab (you could look at windows / sealed sections and see how some other parts of the station are blown to space). Also, I think there were some audiologs that indicated that the actions of other survivors caused some of those explosions / vented sections.
incapacitate Dahl
I did not even know that it was him - i was just racing to the air control section (which I explored earlier in the game and which helped me a lot, I guess), casually shooting the robots so they won't melt me, and then I met a hostile person which i stunned on auto. It turned out to be Dahl. I wonder if he moves from the control to some other section if you don't get there quickly (I had 13 or something minutes on the timer left). It's also interesting if KASPAR's hp is low on purpose, so you can't stun and reprogram it.

Israfael

Arcane
This game made me look up old Soviet posters (likes of which are hanging on the walls of Talos-1)
call-of-the-heavens_420.jpg

5564207009_89f21fa58e_b1-2.jpg

url_2.jpg

20090516210531!Через_тернии_к_звездам_фильм.jpg

Last edited:

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
It's also interesting if KASPAR's hp is low on purpose, so you can't stun and reprogram it.
You can hack robots without stunning them, and Kaspar is no exception. You just have to be close. He was outside lasering some electronic panel in my game so I just slowly jetted up behind its back and h4x0r'd.

Hacking instead of killing doesn't seem to have changed anything so far. I was looking forward to all those hostile Military operators becoming friendly but it didn't happen, was disappointed.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I started this on Nightmare and I'm really liking it. I'm still in the early game and spent all ~20 mods I got on economy skills so the combat is pretty deadly.

You can parkour pretty hardcore with the GLOO cannon, super fun.

One thing that I can't get out of my head, right at the start, in the room where you get the tutorial popup about "different paths to take", how do you get out without grabbing the keycard? Tried jumping on the chandeliers and lifting stuff up to find a vent but I seemed to have missed it.

What does the stun gun even do? Found one in the area where you get the first neuromod but didn't want to waste ammo to try it.

Stun gun is seriously underrated: you can silently drop humans and you can stun mimics, phantoms and bots. Also it seems Technopaths have a weakness for electricity.
Get up close and personal and start slamming the Stun Gun into the "eye" of the Technopath and he's fucking toast. You can easily reload the stun-gun while he's seizing up like an epileptic Michael J. Fox too, and just stun-lock him to death. And if they've co-opted any turrets that they have flying around them, those will be instantly dropped and fall to the ground.

Saying that Technopaths have a weakness to electricity is underselling it; I can't imagine a better way to skullfuck them.

How many powers can u get b4 turrets detect u as a typhon organism?
I'm not sure if it varies depending on what you take, but I could take two - at three they started to turn hostile. Note that if you hack them, they'll still always be allies.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Thanks. So far I only had the basic mimic power.

Also speaking of hacking, it's funny how hacking II minigame is much harder than III.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Thanks. So far I only had the basic mimic power.

Also speaking of hacking, it's funny how hacking II minigame is much harder than III.
The hacking actually gets progressively easier. I had the most trouble with Hacking 2, I think; Hacking 1 is at least just 1, but if anything goes wrong on Hacking 2, you're SOL. Hacking 3 and Hacking 4 take longer, but are much easier. I think it's the increase in time that's off.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Honestly, if I could afford it presently (I well and truly can't, the money simply do not exist), I'd actually probably pay that. It's steep, but it's what AAA+ games go for on release. My only reservation is that it's on Steam and that it's got Denuvo. But I'm not going to lie, the state of gaming is steadily wearing me the fuck down to the point where it almost feels warranted to support them just because they could've buttfucked us harder with online accounts and always-online bullshit and multiple day 1 DLC:s and pre-orders and fuck knows what else.

And it's a genuinely good game. If they actually add some good DLC:s that are well-integrated (new sections to the station that are treated as if they were always there, added to the storyline, etc.) and things like wounds and survival mode, this could become one of the best high-profile games I've played this decade. No joke. It blew me away almost as hard as The Witcher 3, because I wasn't expecting much.

Jezal_k23

I love the zero-G segments. They can be properly disorienting sometimes and before I got the hang of them I'd get lost if I messed too much with my position and perspective during an enemy encounter or something like that.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I love the zero-G segments. They can be properly disorienting sometimes and before I got the hang of them I'd get lost if I messed too much with my position and perspective during an enemy encounter or something like that.
Yeah, i loved that. It felt genuinely different that the majority of the rest of the game, but it didn't feel divorced from it. I think it was when I first went space-walking that I started feeling that this game was actually really polished. I expected to do some spacewalking, running around segments without air or something, and it dumps that into my lap and expects me to learn it.

And it never felt awkward nor condescending. And I swear that every fucking time I was thinking "I've got the hang of this now!" and decided to try to do some drive-by or something, the game kicked me squarely in the jaws for overestimating my ability and the complexity of actually staying orientated. I eventually started to be paranoid about keeping myself level and stay "upright", but you're completely exposed in zero-g and have to approach things differently, so every hectic combat, I ended up getting completely lost afterwards. Fun times. The game does a good job of telling you how to do things without holding your hands, mostly.

Caconym

Savant
does the melee combat depend heavily on controller or M+Kb? It felt sluggish on a controller
What FPS doesn't feel sluggish with a controller when there is a m+kb alternative?

€30 in my case, right after release. Joke's on those who are not savvy enough to know there is zero reason to pay full price for anything on the internet, even for excellent products like Prey. Or I guess joke's on me for not being so rich as to not care about such prices..

hajro

Arbiter

Ignoring the social case retardation aspect of this post, it is actually possible to get the game cheaper. I paid 40 on preorder on uk.gamesplanet.com.
You know you can get it for 0$ ?
I am not a thief.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.-Hunter S. Thompson

DramaticPopcorn

Ignoring the social case retardation aspect of this post, it is actually possible to get the game cheaper. I paid 40 on preorder on uk.gamesplanet.com.
You know you can get it for 0$ ?
I am not a thief.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.-Hunter S. Thompson
Got any more of those stolen quotes?

Parabalus

Arcane
Playing the game as a miser, when I got the Neuromod fabrication plans I had enough mats to make 40 right off the bat. Then I got hit with the licensing, game is truly a gem :incline:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom