Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Online private server (Return of Reckoning)

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I've played some scenarios and oRvR. Well, the game is fun, that's for sure. Got hang of some things already and I was in the top 6 players in one scenario, so I'm not totally worthless.
I'm playing KOTBS. Man, they look terrible at early ranks.

The biggest problem (except travelling speed bullshit) I see now, is a low playerbase. That's definitely visible on tier1, dunno about higher ranks.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I went tank as those harder mobs were fucking me up in PvE. For now I'm trying to finish first chapters influence bars doing mostly Public Quests (and sometimes normal ones as well), currently level 8. Travelling is tedious AF. Especially on the starting mule.
Still dunno how to join scenarios. Also - equivalent of WoW talents - when will I get something like this?

Other then that, I'm liking the game. My IG handle is Smartcheetah
You planning to stay tank? Because if so, I'll roll a (sturdy) melee character. Otherwise I'm gonna be tanking. One should be enough, and I don't know if a DPS-tree "tank" is worth it compared to a melee dps class.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I've played some scenarios and oRvR. Well, the game is fun, that's for sure. Got hang of some things already and I was in the top 6 players in one scenario, so I'm not totally worthless.
I'm playing KOTBS. Man, they look terrible at early ranks.

The biggest problem (except travelling speed bullshit) I see now, is a low playerbase. That's definitely visible on tier1, dunno about higher ranks.
Yeah, they barely spent any effort on the PVE solo questing, and instead it was (leveling through) the scenarios that really made me like the game.

A horse of course

What level are you fat queers now? I'll be playing on Saturday and Sunday.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
The lack of "live" texture quality sucks. Granted, I can't really remember what it was like before. Too bad the game doesn't support SweetFX so I could just add some sharpening.

Edi: I'm still experimenting around the tanks. Was gonna go IB but now that I read that there is no "aura twysting" for KotBS/Chosen, that makes them a lot more appealing. (2 tank characters wouldn't bother me, because one can go quite nice DPS).

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Currently level 18, but I should have more time to play this weekend.

A horse of course

Vampire Tower is level 20-ish :smug:

We may as well wait until we have an overlevelled tank + healer combo tho, since it's a pretty tough 9-man designed for that level, so my level 40 dps isn't going to be much use.

A horse of course

Are you goyim on sturm? It's easier to arrange stuff there.

A horse of course

kaUAVHE.jpg
QoUMtwO.jpg

Looks like PQs have been nerfed to 1/3rd of the XP you're supposed to get. But regular enemies can still be farmed as before, so I'm not sure what the point of this was. Anyway PQs can still potentially get you good loot. At leastit's better than the absolute ROFLstomp of scenarios this weekend. I was playing for about 8hrs and didn't see Order win once.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Level 27 now, but I think I can get to 28 tonight. Warrior Priest feels good. For now, I think I will level up grace (defensive) and wrath (offense). Eventually, I will go back to healslut tree.

One problem I see with Warrior Priest is that it depends on so many separate stats at once. I feel like I have to pick my poison.

Also, I tried Discipline of Khaine for a few minutes, and are they just a better version of Warrior Priest?

A horse of course

I see DoK in ORvR and scenarios a fair bit, so they must be alright, though I noticed people often specify needing Warrior Priests with specific abilities in LFG.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
WP and DoK are good. WP is more likeable because they buff rather than debuff. Both still heal.

I spent a few hours messing around with UI. Needed a better "bar" to keep track of IB grudges. Ended up leveling like 3-4 levels just from hitting mobs every so often to test the addon lol.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Goddamn I miss being a ranged (mobile) character. Squig Herder best class. But clearly we need melee guys including one tank so bleh. I might roll a... White Lion alongside my Ironbreaker in case KOTBS guy wants to go full tank spec. Just remember to put Guard on people and don't over-reach.

A horse of course

Just ignore this, I'm dumping all the interesting/lore-related PQs I can find for order and going through to see which are active/not active. Red PQs are still broken or semi-active. Weirdly, I didn't see any Empire quests that seemed especially interesting from a lore perspective - they might have had cool mechanics but none of those work in RoR anyway. Destro seem to have quite a lot of cool PQs - resurrecting Engra Deathsword, fighting Luthor Huss, Prince Imrik, a Siege Tank, a Dwarf King, Reiksmarshal Kurt Helborg etc.

Murgluk's Gits Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 2

PQ Lore: A Dwarf iron mine has been overtaken by a swarm of Snotlings. Led by Murgluk, a horribly mutated, giant Snotling, the Snotling horde has swollen in numbers, becoming a menacing sea of green.
As part of their effort to gain a firm foothold in the area, the Dwarfs need to secure the mine. Once reclaimed, the mine will ensure a healthy supply of iron for the war effort.

Before the mine can be put in working order however, Murgluk and his Gits will have to go.

Stage 1: Captured Miners Rescued

Stage 2: Boss Gits

Stage 3: Murgluk

Foul Ruins Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 5

PQ Lore: Hidden beneath the layers of foul muck and stagnant water, remnants of the ancient Mourkain civilization stir. Scattered rubble glows with an eldritch light, glimmering eerily in the gloom. Woken by the growing taint of Chaos as it spreads throughout the Marshes, skeletal warriors and decaying priests have risen from the ground to defend their long-dead Mourkain cities.

Now, apart from the constant threat of greenskin attacks, Durrig's forces must also contend with creatures that have arisen from their watery graves, seeking revenge upon the living.

Stage 1: Kill Bog Zombies

Stage 2: Destroy the Mourkain Pillars

Stage 3: Faustus von Diehl

Stage 4: Faustus the Liche

Agymah's Lair Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 9

PQ Lore: Although embroiled in a bitter private war for control of the Marshes with the Vampire Neborhest, Liche Priest Agymah is a formidable opponent for the Dwarfs as well. An ancient being, well-steeped in forbidden lore, Agymah holds the secret to an awesome weapon of terror - a method of destruction so potent that all who gaze upon it are wiped from existence.

Despite the Dwarfs' ongoing battle with the Vampire, it is now Agymah who is the largest threat in the Marshes. He must be stopped.

Stage 1: Soulless Minions

Stage 2: Dwarfs Slain

Stage 3: Defeat Petrova the Bloodless

Tomb of Kali'Amon Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 13

PQ Lore: Kali'Amon was once a powerful Mourkain practitioner of the Necromantic arts. With the last of his mortal strength he ordered his servants entombed with him so they might serve him in undeath. The chaos taint spreading through the Badlands has acted as a catalyst, swelling Kali'Amon's power and setting in motion his rise from the grave. Dunhilda and the other Oathbearers will need to act quickly before Kali'Amon returns to his full strength. Any hesitation may find them overmatched by the long dead Mourkain lord.

Stage 1: Open Withered Sarcophagi

Stage 2: Kill Risen Haruspices of Kali'Amon

Stage 3: Kill Kali'Amon

The Cult of Drakk Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 18

PQ Lore: Azorgaron is the name of a Great Drakk who once wreaked havoc upon the Dwarf settlements of Karag Dron. A wizard's apprentice named Rahkuul came to worship Azorgaron after weeks of being plagued with visions of an ancient conflict between the Dwarf Runelord Zakan Blackrune and the Great Drakk. Convinced the images that plagued his mind were a gift, he set out on foot to find the source of the visions.

Eventually, the cultists found their way to Thunder Mountain. As if by fate, they recognized the shard of stone and the forbidding terrain described in Rahkuul's visions. They'd finally arrived where the spirit of Azorgoran had been guiding them. The Cultists wasted no time consecrating a shrine and setting up a sacrificial altar.

Here, the Cult of Drakk would spill the blood of the Dwarfs in the name of their god, Azorgoran in the hopes that this would wake him from his sleep.

Stage 1: Drakk Cultists Slain

Stage 2: Drakk Prophets Slain

Stage 3: Drakk Sibyls Slain

Stage 4: Merona the Scaleseeker Slain

Peak's Edge Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 19

PQ Lore: Karak Palik is an ancient Dwarf fortress, which has been nearly destroyed earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. However, its ruins remain tall enough to allow observers to see for miles around, and a defending army can still easily control and react to approaching enemies using one of the four towers remaining in the keep as a sally port.

Whichever force controls Karak Palik will control the pathway to Thunder Mountain.

Gobbo Carvas Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 21

PQ Lore: The constant barrage of metal on stone is interspersed with greenskin curses as laboring gits use stolen Dwarf tools in a crude attempt carve an effigy to one of their inscrutable gods.

Still, the area seems to seethe with power, and it's obvious to Gargrim Oathgrund that should the greenskins be left to successfully complete the Waaagh! effigy, it could spell doom for the vanguard of the Oathbearer army and its siege upon Eight Peaks.

Stage 1: Kill Bloody Sun Laborers

Stage 2: Prevent Prok from reaching the rock

Stage 3: Kill Grimgork

Dammaz Skar Public Quest

Order, Dwarf, Chapter 22

PQ Lore: Brugash Redfang directs the most violent mob of the Bloody Sun Boyz in this area. They have lived in the midst of infighting, carnage and all degenerate behavior imaginable. This tribe has existed without contact of any other race let alone Dwarfs for countless years as Karak Drazh had been lost for nearly a millennia and none have been daring or foolish enough to enter this pit of carnage. Until today.

General Kromil Weatheredmane is at the front of this daring assault in hopes to carve a path to Eight Peaks. He and a regiment of Oathbearers armed with Doombringers come to avenge grudges long past but never forgotten on their path to Eight Peaks.

Stage 1: Bloody Sun Greenskins

Stage 2: 1st Cannon Progress

Stage 3: Grudges Settled

The Well of Sar-Saroth Public Quest

Order, High Elf, Chapter 16

PQ Lore: To the High Elves of Eataine, the Well of Sar-Saroth is a holy place where they can commune with their ancestors and gain some measure of solace from their daily struggles. Recently, the spirits of the Winds of Magic have become restless and unreasoning, and none can say for certain what is causing this unrest.

Stage 1: Guardian Spirits

Stage 2: Destroy Cornerstone of Azyr

Stage 3: Defeat Bel-Hathor the Sage

Dominion of Khaine Public Quest

Order, High Elf, Chapter 19

PQ Lore: Vaul's Anvil lies at the base of the Dragonspine Mountains. Here where the molten blood of Ulthuan flows to the surface, the blind priests of Vaul fashion the weapons and armor of the Dragon Princes.

Stage 1: Bloodfury Elves

Stage 2: Rescue Dragonsmith Elders

Stage 3: Protect the ritual

Stage 4: Hellebron

Executioner's Blade Public Quest
Order, High Elf, Chapter 21

PQ Lore: Few names among the Dark Elf army inspire as much dread as that of Tullaris. A merciless general and veteran Executioner of Har Ganeth, the cold-hearted and implacable Tullaris relishes each and every death that his great blade brings, whether to the enemy or to those in his own ranks who show fear or incompetence.

Most recently, Tullaris crushed a force of High Elves attempting to charge his camp, and now he holds several enemies prisoner. No doubt, he is saving them for some dark purpose that will amuse his twisted soul.

Stage 1: Prison Camp Liberated

Stage 2: Kill Lord Ulkarath

Stage 3: Tullaris

The Might of Ulthuan Public Quest

Order, High Elf, Chapter 22

PQ Lore: It has been a long and hard road for the defenders of Ulthuan. Now, victory is within their grasp. The High Elves have pushed the Witch King's armies back to the beaches.

The Dark Elves have no choice but to make their final stand at Tor Sethai. There is no place else to run, and no fall back point. No quarter will be offered on either side, and none will be sought.

Aboard his mighty Black Ark, Malekith seethes as he watches the last vestiges of his dark army pushed to the brink of defeat.

Stage 1: Forward Camp reclaimed

Stage 2: Counterattack waves defeated

Stage 3: Wrathblood Hydra

Stage 4: Commander Thraith destroyed

Tor Sethai Public Quest

Order, High Elf, Chapter 22

PQ Lore: The shrine city of Tor Sethai has been home to the dead princes of Caledor for centuries. After the Dark Elves established a beachhead along the province's rocky coast, they moved to seize the ancient city and fortify it. From this outpost, Beastlord Rakarth has launched a campaign of terror throughout Caledor. He has met with great success, and now threatens Dragonwake and the lands to the east, including Lothern itself.

The warriors of Ulthuan are desperate to bring an end to Rakarth's relentless attacks, but to do so they must first find his base of operations. After searching the mountains for days, a small force of High Elves tracks one of Rakarth's patrols back to the ancient city of Tor Sethai. Though their hearts are grieved when they see how the Dark Elves have despoiled the ancient city, they take solace in the fact that they have finally found Rakarth's stronghold. Now at last, there will be a reckoning for the Beastlord.

Stage 1: Kill Deathclaw Dark Elves

Stage 2: Rituals Stopped

Stage 3: Kill Makal D'rkhen

Stage 4: Tarkhan Blackblade Slain

Last edited by a moderator:

A horse of course

Did Murglurk and Foul Ruins, nothing interesting. The Liche in FR is just a reskinned zombie.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I reached level 30 on my WP. The class feels more complete with Sigmar's Radiance and mastery (granted, that is probably true for any class). For now, I will keep with Grace and Wrath.

Kaldurenik , does your Archmage use staffs? An epic staff dropped for me (I forget the stats), and I can mail it to you.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Why do I suddenly have this urge to play a melee Shadow Warrior?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom