Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which PC RPGs of 2002 have you played? [top 100 voting thread]

Which of the following RPGs have you played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zetor

Arcane
Yep, Freedom Force is the best game on there. Incidentally, it's a rare example of game with RTWP done right and also the last good thing Ken Levine did in his career

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
So I'm not the only one who played Zanzarah! There's literally several of us!

This is the kind of game I'd never even heard of before I started making these lists. Is it forgotten for a reason? What are your thoughts on it?

himmy

Arcane
Fun little J-RPG-inspired game where you fight using fairies. I remember it having a sort of particular gleefulness of its own.

Severian Silk

Elder Scrolls is winning, once again. :negative:

[edit]

And NWN too!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Fun little J-RPG-inspired game where you fight using fairies. I remember it having a sort of particular gleefulness of its own.

Sounds intriguing. I've played quite a few games where you can polymorph into a fairy or hire fairies or fight fairies but I can remember one where the entire teams is fairies.

Cudgel

Learned
Patron
Arx is my favorite out of the games on the list. I need to get around to G2 Avernum 3, and IWD 2.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Arx is my favorite out of the games on the list. I need to get around to G2 Avernum 3, and IWD 2.

Quite a fascinating year all round if you ask me, with the first Elder Scrolls, Larian and Piranha Bites games to 'go massive' while also seeing the last of the Infinity Engine games.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
uh-oh, only 24 hours to go and the missing 100 people still haven't voted... :it is a mystery:

It's not because they don't like voting in polls, because I know there's 100 people not voting from a recent poll. That poll didn't even have an objective, it was just a random pointless poll. Maybe those 100 object to the idea of a top 100? If 100 people object to the idea of a top 100, why aren't they stating such and agreeing with the person stating such?

:it is a mystery: x 100

?????????????????

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Bad year if you are not fond of action rpg. First of many between early 2000s and early 2010s...

Indeed. I'm also curious why it is Prelude to Darkness has 35 votes from codexers but when you type in "Prelude to Darkness wiki" into google there are zero results for Prelude to Darkness other than some game released in 2012 relating to "The Time World game" whatever that is and then the first relevant result about the Prelude to Darkness we're talking about is actually a codex form post from 2007:

Anyone feel like creating a Prelude to Darkness Wikipedia article?

I don't really know much about the game. Plus, my English skills are lacking.

Codexlurker

Savant
I played Arx Fatalis, Morrowind, Gothic 2, Dungeon Siege and Neverwinter Nights 1. I think I liked the lore in the manual more than playing Dungeon Siege and I only beat it because I thought the game would eventually get better :/. The games that left an impression on me the most in single player is Arx Fatalis and Gothic 2 while NwN1 wrecked all of them whenever I hit the rp servers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom