Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Two Worlds II DLC - now with multiplayer and microtransactions!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...ck_with_Two_Worlds_II_Call_of_theTenebrae.php

The RPG Phenomenon is back, with Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae!

Karlsruhe, April 21, 2017- The RPG Phenomenon, Two Worlds II, makes its triumphant return! The creative teams from TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump Studios are excited to present Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae, launching May 25, 2017! So grab your staff, sharpen your blades, and ready your bow; at long last, it’s time to return to Antaloor!

Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae plunges the Hero into a decades-old mystery and a battle against a hideous, ancient evil known as The Tenebrae. The stakes have never been higher, but our hero won’t face this threat alone. Friends and foes both new and old await you, as you fight to discover the truth behind a powerful secret that will shake the Two Worlds universe to its core.

“When we started development on Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae in early 2016, we underestimated how excited our team would be to get back to Antaloor. It took longer than expected, but we ended up with a 10+ hour adventure that is nearly a full sized release! Due to how large Call of the Tenebrae became, we’ve decided to release our game as an add-on to Two Worlds II, in addition to a standalone version for fans both new and old.” - Alexandra Constandache, CEO TopWare Interactive

Play through 10+ hours of thrilling gameplay and experience Antaloor like never before with a major HD engine update! Packed with new locations, enemies, weapons and achievements, Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae will be released for the PC, Mac, Linux and the Steam OS.

Also available is the season pass, which includes Call of the Tenebrae and the soon to be released follow up DLC, Shattered Embrace (Q4-2017), 2 upcoming multiplayer map packs, in addition to a host of deluxe digital content, including in-game bonus items, the art book, the Two Worlds II compendium, game soundtracks and more! Enjoy this new adventure as an add-on DLC for $9.99, or separately as a stand-alone title for $14.99.

For more information visit us on Facebook, Twitter or visit the official game Website.

To see the newest screen shots, click to download here

For press access, please visit our Mediaroom

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Cool. I liked TW more than TW2, so I hope it's less story driven and more open world.
Me too. I might have liked TW2 more if it wasn't super buggy though. I jumped on a rock and all the enemies stopped moving.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I still want to know if they open whole world map.
The fact that only 10% of the world map is avaliable for single player is baffling beyond imagination.
Worldmerge mod fixed this problem but modder dropped his work and will not work on migration to new game.
Wait what.. Is this DLC for a game that came out like 5 years ago?
Seven, to be precise.
From other news - they cancelled Gorky21 so they can choke up with kebab.

engine update, not new engine

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Tenebrae.

sima09.gif

Now I want an Incal CRPG :(

Codexlurker

Savant
I really liked Two Worlds. I thought it was better than the Gothic games, and all Elder Scrolls games except maybe Morrowind. I didn't like the sequel though. The magic combat had been hyped and it was a let down to actually play it. It was also super buggy when I tried playing it, mobs couldn't path properly so you could just jump on a rock and the mobs would stand around waiting to be shot to death. Also the spell making system wasn't as great as people make out. But I really wanted the series to succeed because I think Bethesduh need competition.

Gothic 3 >> Two Worlds >>>>>> Oblivilol in my book. Man playing Oblivion was like watching paint dry meanwhile Two Worlds at least had non scaling enemies.

hellbent

Augur
I definitely enjoyed the first TW more than Oblivion as well. It's more of a mindless 3rd person open world action game with RPG elements than a challenging, thinking man's game.

TW II was not as fun or smooth to control, and that goddamn horse race mission just made me ragequit.

If some of the screenies are any indication, they should receive a cease and desist letter from the HR Giger estate any moment now.

IB3egC0.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope it won't be as shit as the previous add-on which I had to quit at the beginning because try as I might I couldn't pass some fucking mini game.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Some of you guys actaully think it was good or better than risens 2 and 3? While risens were something barely not negative experience, everything in Risens makes me vomi, gameplay, story, world...
Just looking at this game makes me feel dirty. I hope they bankrupt, for their own good.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I definitely enjoyed the first TW more than Oblivion as well. It's more of a mindless 3rd person open world action game with RPG elements than a challenging, thinking man's game.
It's not an amazing game but any definition but it's a lot better than Oblivion by the simple virtue of getting the "mindless open world" part right. There are a ton of treasure chests in out-of-the-way locations, and the lack of level-scaled enemies makes it worthwhile to improve your character (even though both character advancement and gear system are completely broken) as well as explore and find stuff. It's a fun game overall. TW2 did a few things pretty well (quest flow is great) but is otherwise inferior due to completely fucking up the unscaled open-world part.

Codexlurker

Savant
It's not an amazing game but any definition but it's a lot better than Oblivion by the simple virtue of getting the "mindless open world" part right. There are a ton of treasure chests in out-of-the-way locations, and the lack of level-scaled enemies makes it worthwhile to improve your character (even though both character advancement and gear system are completely broken) as well as explore and find stuff. It's a fun game overall. TW2 did a few things pretty well (quest flow is great) but is otherwise inferior due to completely fucking up the unscaled open-world part.
Pretty much. The main incentive is to improve your character to deal with the difficulty but when the challenge goes away, the game is not that fun anymore. Oblivion did not provide any incentive at all other then to beat the game once and see what happens.

duanth123

Arcane
Some of you guys actaully think it was good or better than risens 2 and 3? While risens were something barely not negative experience, everything in Risens makes me vomi, gameplay, story, world...
Just looking at this game makes me feel dirty. I hope they bankrupt, for their own good.

There was a community mod which actually transformed the base game + original expansions into a halfway decent arpg...I have little faith that Tenebrae will adopt its design philosophy

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It somewhat sucks to see them care so much about a clearly mediocre game. Guess the new one will make or break this studio.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
About once every six months, I try to play Two Worlds II, and I fail quite miserably an hour or two in. And every single time, I'm reminded that a guy I went to university with does the voiceover for the PC in the English version, and am always like "Oh wow holy shit", and then I forget again. The cycle continues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom