Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

DarkArcher

Educated
Not bad. I'd like to see them step back from any mention of mobile and focus on a core game.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Also also also, do every fucking game this days have to have voice acting? Even the small indie games done on a budget? It ends up sounding really corny and unproffesional if it is done cheap.

Voice acting is a plague, no matter the budget... let me read at my own pace, dammit. Not to mention it cannot be easily modified, searched in or just backtracked to check what someone said a minute ago.

Fargus

Arcane
Also also also, do every fucking game this days have to have voice acting? Even the small indie games done on a budget? It ends up sounding really corny and unproffesional if it is done cheap.

Voice acting is a plague, no matter the budget...

Not really. I enjoyed VA in Bloodlines big time. Voice acting is a good thing if it's done right.

Pretty much like walls of useless and shitty text could be unbearable. Like in Shadowrun: Hong Kong and PoE.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The facebook ads for this game are amazing:

14203243_10210939988402789_8893927435428364263_n.jpg
14102612_10210940001843125_6194127493886425550_n.jpg

"Hundreds of quests and dozens of subquests". There is like a subquest every ten quests.

The best part is "unique features you haven't seen in any other RPG". According to the pictures, these features are books in the middle of circles of hat-shaped mushrooms. I thought it was a facebook-game like farmville, but apparently it's a legit game. The voice acting is what convinced me to buy it.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Lol, while PoE is just the unsuccessful clone of the old IE games, this game seems to be a poor man's PoE. Which ironically makes it a better game..

hello friend

Arcane
Voice acting is a plague, no matter the budget... let me read at my own pace, dammit. Not to mention it cannot be easily modified, searched in or just backtracked to check what someone said a minute ago.
I don't know, terrible VO work can be very charming. One thing I enjoyed about Oblivion was the inane conversations you'd hear in the background, between npcs that were collectively voiced by the same four people or smth. You had old man, young man, old woman, young woman, and patrick stewart. Couple more, give or take. And the beggars would switch between all the voice sets. Didn't matter if they were cultists, nobs, crazies, booksellers, or imperial guardsmen. They were all Jauffre to me.

Most games get this wrong. Stuff like unit confirmations, recycled party banter from a limited banter pool, "combat grunting" etc can be very grating.

Bottom line, if you can't afford good VO talent then don't pay. Doesn't mean you have to do away with it altogether. A lot of these budget RPGs could become twice as entertaining in the blink of an eye if the devs just did all the voice acting themselves. Imagine something like this in a decent crpg.

Great film, by the way. Highly recommend.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher

Voice acting is a plague, no matter the budget...

Not really. I enjoyed VA in Bloodlines big time. Voice acting is a good thing if it's done right.

Pretty much like walls of useless and shitty text could be unbearable. Like in Shadowrun: Hong Kong and PoE.

Well... very few games do it right. And walls of shitty text can be clicked through rather easily, especially compared to shitty unskippable cutscenes.

Mustawd

If you think this is funny, then I have to tell that no, it is NOT funny at all. One of my friends, a truly fantastic guy, a fan of Skyrim, got insulted by an old lady on the rainbow pride day! His crime was that he offered a cake to one of the marching people.

If you find this hilarious then I suggest you think it over, mate.

Infinitron:
Sorry didn't know that. Actually I started to love RPGCodex because I thought it gave equal rights to everyone (I mean among non-mods). I mean, users are free to say "fuck this game", and if I like that game (or I'm a dev, founder, whoever), I can say: "fuck you".

But understood the warning; I'm now mute (in the name of freedom of speech).

P.S.: and yes I'm a gal; looking forward to be humiliated through a custom title as well.

:lol: God this thread is so great. Would reread again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

Nov. 4, 2016 Talking to investors

In the week following our previous update and gameplay video, we have been contacted by several investors. During our talks, we have always kept in mind the interest of the game and its players. We want to deliver an awesome RPG with as much content as possible, while keeping our creative freedom and majority control over the full project.

Negotiations are on the right track, which means we are going to secure considerable additional funds for the development. This means that more content will be added to the game without affecting any goals of the the Kickstarter campaign. As a result, Kickstarter backers will get a better, bigger game for the same pledge.

Since negotiations take time, the Kickstarter launch has been postponed again. We had to decide whether we make the Kickstarter in these days as promised, or we focus on investor relations and ask your patience again. The conclusion was that the latter option serves better the long-term interest of the project. This will allow us to release a game that includes all the content we originally imagined.

We will inform you as soon as we have an update!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Decided to check what was up with this game. No updates on the website since last year, but there's this Facebook post from February:

From the comments:

Hello! The current release date is Nov-2018 but it may change.We are talking to Fig at the moment, so we may need to take into account their requirements as well. We will either start a Kickstarter or a Fig campaign in the near future.

Sure, we will have additional (gameplay) videos on YouTube. It's just their rules saying that your main video must be uploaded to Kickstarter. And well, main video matters a lot. No wonder PoE didn't put any gameplay scenes to their KS video either.

Thanks. We also favor Kickstarter. About KS video quality: yeah, it's ok, it's just the high-resolution gameplay screens you can't find in those videos. (For pixel-art games, it's not noticeable.)

lolwut :lol:

They're really hung up about the video quality.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
End of year checkup!

22 weeks ago:

The early bird pledge that gives the full game will be below $20 :)
Yeah, totally alive, we actually created much game content as well in the past months :) Soon, our PR team will be final too, which means updates will be REGULAR! Kickstarter will be a true milestone and the start of a new, much more active era in the story of Black Geyser.

Don't worry, things like these (euro etc.) didn't cause the delay. And yeah, the KS *PAGE* is already finished, we are working hard on the video (and on the game too - we want to keep the promised release date in 2018). But I understand you're impatient :) We ask your patience once more! :)

13 weeks ago:

The Kickstarter page content is 100% done, only the Campaign Video is left. We will post an update ASAP.

8 weeks ago:

Thanks! Kickstarter is soon to come as well. We are just sorting out a last issue with preparations.

2 weeks ago:

Game development is going fine (from money of small investors) but the Kickstarter got delayed to the next year. Reason: our team worked with a subcontractor (external partner) on some aspects of preparing our Kickstarter campaign/video. Unfortunately, this partner simply disappeared and hasn't provided us all materials, so now we had to hire a team member to continue the partner's tasks. On one hand, this is good (we have a real team member for the position), but on the other hand, it caused a several months delay in Kickstarter, as you can see. We will update you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

:hailcthulhu:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
End of year checkup!

Hahah I try to imagine a man brave enough to wear a T-shirt with "Black Geyser" on the front.

Or probably a man fabulous enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom