Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Vorark

Erudite
Increased prices for Paradox games (or published by them) on Steam. GOG pricing is the same so far.

Hey gang,
As you have noticed prices for our products have increased in certain regions around the globe and this is something we've intentionally done. The reason for this is to make our prices match the purchasing power of those areas, as well as create a more equal price point for our products across the globe.

Our prices have remained pretty much the same for several years and it's only natural for us to re-evaluate price points at regular intervals based on the strength of various currencies, fluctuations in world markets and many other factors. This is something that all publishers do and we are no exception.

Sadly this means that the price has gone up for certain regions and whilst this is something we'd like to avoid, it's necessary to keep our price point more in line with our other markets. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this may cause and hope you can understand why we are doing this.

Source: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/price-increase.1022680/#post-22833834

Affected countries:

Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Eu Countries, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE.

Fuck Paradox in the ass.
:imperialscum:

Don Peste

Arcane
Anyone knew about this?

GREYMEN_capsule_featured.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
One of the DLCs is free too. Too lazy to check if that's a regular thing or only timed offer.
I just checked and it's also limited time, like the main game itself.

Thanks for pointing this out BTW, I had added the game but missed the DLC.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wish he'd upload the trailers he's making for these games to YouTube. GOG doesn't have them.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Herve keeps at it:

Likely be expensive than GOG version (which includes two games and add-on), like the Steam release of the first game is.

Saw somebody playing this on twitch and...

:0-13:

I don't get how the gog reviews are so positive. Do actual humans seriously think that the player saying things like "COOKIN' BACON" and making fart noises is entertaining? Or are those reviews just shills?

Or are they 12 year olds? But I wouldn't think that 12 year olds would be playing games with dosbox graphics...

Last edited by a moderator:

sser

Arcane
Developer
The game was dogshit when it came out.

Another one is Kingpin: Life of Crime. That game was also total ass when it came out.

I'm pretty confused as to how either game picked up momentum into being 'nostalgic' titles with positive reception.

Severian Silk

I didn't play much, but I remember RNR having smooth gameplay and large open maps for the time. Maybe that was its appeal.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Playing "Fallout" 4 on the free weekend thing.

I think this is what triggering feels like. At least with 3 they tried (badly) to put in some fan service.

>> cryosleep for 200 years
>> Mr Handy still tending the garden like nothing happened.
>> entire world looks like the bombs went off yesterday (and weren't too bad)
>> fuck all the established lore from 2077.

>>I'm looking for my son, a baby-aged guy :retarded:
>>mission to get a POWER ARMOR within the first 30 minutes of the game :killit:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I downloaded for the free weekend - because why not download? - but I just started Mankind Divided a couple days ago, so I don't think I'll even fire F4 up before time expires. Don't want to get my first-person games mixed up in my mind. Not worth it for trash like this.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I downloaded for the free weekend - because why not download? - but I just started Mankind Divided a couple days ago, so I don't think I'll even fire F4 up before time expires. Don't want to get my first-person games mixed up in my mind. Not worth it for trash like this.

Don't even bother, it's not even worth zero dollars.

They pretty much turned it into Serious Sam. With Power Armor as a vehicle. With fuel that runs out.

Yes, that bad.

I have Mankind Derpvided too, started playing it recently. So far, mixed. The graphics are good, gameplay doesn't seem any more dumbed down than Human Revolution.

The environments are somewhat unrealistic though. Arabs, on a construction site in Dubai? :lol: :lol: Like that's gonna happen. It's streetshitspeak all the way.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Redneck Rampage is a pretty ok BUILD engine fps. It's not as good as Blood, Shadow Warrior or Duke Nukem 3D but then what is really? I'd still highly recommend those over this if you haven't played any of them though, this should just be something to play if you've played all of those other great games and want a bit more from the same engine. My biggest problem with Redneck Rampage was in some of the level design (there's a fucking maze sewer level that is by far one of the worst ones I've played in a 90's FPS) and some of the enemies towards the end of the game (hitscan instakills on higher difficulties) but I still went through and finished it and its expansions about a year or two ago.

Looking at the Steam version: all of the reviews seem to state that it's a totally completely fucked version of the one on GOG, like it's missing the soundtrack and expansions and runs on an older version of DOSBox.

Some review quotes:

Game: This is one of my favorite Build engine games of all time! You go around as a redneck while listening to bad♥♥♥♥♥music, cracking one liners, and shooting♥♥♥♥♥♥ What more could you want in a Build game?

Steam version: Oh my god, this is a utterly♥♥♥♥♥♥release. First, Redneck Rides Again is completely left out, it is using an outdated DOSBox, it runs with a command line in the background, the option to launch Suckin' Grits on Route 66 is completely left out and you have to make a shortcut your self, and the biggest part...

NO MUSIC!

Yeah, the amazing soundtrack in this game is left out completely! It can't have been a copyright issue as it's included in the GOG version, which is ultimately superior to this version, and the bin/cue files aren't there at all! So it is basically impossible to get music unless you illegally download another version of the game.

So, in the end, DON'T BUY THIS VERSION OF THE GAME! Buy the GOG version, as it includes both the addons, the latest version of DOSBox, and the soundtrack of course!

The screen always flickers (im not messing around installing dosbox updates to fix)
The sountrack isnt in the game

(copied as someone else says)

Total let down and i loved the game in its day.

The screen always flickers
The sountrack isnt in the game

This version of this game is fundamentally flawed.

They use an older version of dosbox...and cant seam to get the code for the window correct. Resolution they set at 640 by 480 stretched.....and they dont have the redbook audio...so you have no music.

I did get the gog version....to compare....not only do you get what this one sort of gives....but it even had=s the red book audio....and the sequal game.

This one shows the sequal game inthe pictures but doesnt have it.

Also it auto starts the redneck rampage first game....when you exit out it goes straight to the dos mode dos box has.....so thats how you have to access the route 66 sequel.

Controls in this one are keyboard only until you run setup....while gog doesnt alow a controller....this one does...and a mouse too....but for some reaosn it doesnt recognize a controller...more setup needed.

I dont recommend this verison......get the GOG.com version....this one is more false advertisement...screen shots on the store page show things not included in this game release.

The GOG version doesn't have any of these problems, it has the expansions, runs well with no screen flicker, has the full soundtrack and it's cheaper than the Steam version. I don't know what the fuck happened here. GOG version is like a 6/10 to me (slightly above average FPS) whereas this version looks to be like a 2/10 (broken, missing content, badly set up on install).

Also pls don't talk shit about Kingpin: Life of Crime, that game is hilarious (in an ironic way) and has a cool setting, even if it's EDGY AS FUCK to appeal to 13 year olds at the time. Also plays pretty well just by virtue of it being on the Quake 2 engine.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Playing "Fallout" 4 on the free weekend thing.

I think this is what triggering feels like. At least with 3 they tried (badly) to put in some fan service.

>> cryosleep for 200 years
>> Mr Handy still tending the garden like nothing happened.
>> entire world looks like the bombs went off yesterday (and weren't too bad)
>> fuck all the established lore from 2077.

>>I'm looking for my son, a baby-aged guy :retarded:
>>mission to get a POWER ARMOR within the first 30 minutes of the game :killit:
Fallout 4 is AWESOME don't be a h8r!

Getting power armor early isn't that bad since there's somewhat of a limitation to its use. You need fuel cells and early on you probably won't stumble across that many. Plus you have mostly shit tier components and you scavenge/find more later. Game is fine if you play on Hardcore that imposes some mild limitations (reasonable weight limit, need to drink, etc.) so it's not a total derp fest. You're not going to get New Vegas but mechanically speaking it's a better shooter/arpg than FO3.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

Getting power armor early isn't that bad since there's somewhat of a limitation to its use. You need fuel cells and early on you probably won't stumble across that many. Plus you have mostly shit tier components and you scavenge/find more later. Game is fine if you play on Hardcore that imposes some mild limitations (reasonable weight limit, need to drink, etc.) so it's not a total derp fest. You're not going to get New Vegas but mechanically speaking it's a better shooter/arpg than FO3.
How do you not have a DUMBFUCK!!! tag yet?

They should have called it Serious Sam: The Nuclear Encounter

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

How do you not have a DUMBFUCK!!! tag yet?
"Metro" is his dumbfuck tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom