Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You forgot the :troll:

That would be too obvious.

Btw, your blog content page has a couple of wrong links (the one that's supposed to take you to the SoZ page takes you to the article about archery in RPGs, for example. There are a couple more I can't remember).

Thanks, should be all fixed now. That page just underwent major changes and is still a bit of a WiP.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Wait, isn't these are the people behind Rage of Mages/Allods? Maybe something interesting awaits us, for real?

hellbent

Augur
If these guys had a hand in Rage of Mages / Evil Islands / HoMMV / Silent Storm, then this has chance of being a quality product. Also 3/4 of the pictured devs have fine Russian facial hair. Plus Pathfinder + Avellone too.

On the flip side, screenshot and features are kinda typical generic marketing fare. Not yet sure if I want them to take my sheckels. Perhaps someone will leak some classified Russian information, for once.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I didn't play Siege of Dragonspear yet but are you guys still butthurt because it had a reference in it making fun of Gamergate? At least what I saw is that it was warmly received until someone's feelings got hurt because of that joke. Calm down, snowflakes.

I hate every line of dialogue I've seen from it. It's so offensive to me that I can't even be bothered to play it for the combat.

Delterius

Arcane
"I’m a Paizo fan, and a Pathfinder fan. I like the setting, the art style,

:prosper:

Bro, these are russian game developers, these people are specially selected for their lack of any artistic taste. :lol:
said Chris Avellone.

Oh shit.:lol:
Don't worry about this game. Beamdog got you covered.
I wasn't expecting Siege of Dragonspear to bridge Baldur's Gate and its sequel the way it did, and I was pleasantly surprised, especially looking back from Baldur's Gate II and seeing how the mid-prequel sets the stage for events to come.
Siege made me feel as if I'd come home after a long absence to find old friends waiting for me, with the same life and spark I remembered from when they first journeyed by my side.
-Chris Avellone

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I didn't play Siege of Dragonspear yet but are you guys still butthurt because it had a reference in it making fun of Gamergate? At least what I saw is that it was warmly received until someone's feelings got hurt because of that joke. Calm down, snowflakes.

I hate every line of dialogue I've seen from it. It's so offensive to me that I can't even be bothered to play it for the combat.

The plot isn't good, the way it tries to shoehorn into the middle of the Bhaalspawn trilogy doesn't at all work, and the a lot of the dialogue is terrible and ill-suited for the setting. There are some decent encounters and areas though. It's not like anyone pays attention to the story in BG after the first run-through anyway.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
There are some decent encounters and areas though. It's not like anyone pays attention to the story in BG after the first run-through anyway.

As noted in my eminently readable walkthrough the dialogue segments can be very quickly skipped through by hitting a combo of the Esc-key and 1-key (much quicker than in other IE RPGs); plus, many of the cutscenes can be skipped, too (unlike BG1 + BG2), which is great for those who just want to get to the combat scenarios (say, for a Legacy of Bhaal run).

But I would have been more impressed if, instead of a storymode (which is a degenerate feature) they instead added a combat mode with no dialogue or cutscenes.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Who has the wherewithal to make a commercial D&D game that could rival the Bhaalspawn Saga, among the current crop of devs?

TheWorld

Educated
While i'm not a big fan of pathfinder (ruleset explosion with 40000 manuals) the basic system is good for a crpg.
Kingmaker is a well loved adventure path, with lots of sandbox plus the kingdom building.
These guys worked on evil island (which I don't know but it's supposed to be good) and silent storm (which I remember being very good).
There is MCA writing.
I'm not saying it's gonna be a masterpiece, but the basis for a good games are there. Let's see if they will build something good from it or a pile of crap.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Wow, what the fuck. I can't even imagine how Underrail would've been in real-time. Must have been a total goatfuck.

laclongquan

Arcane
"Rage of Mages II (1998)... Etherlords (2001)... Silent Storm (2003) ... HoMM V (2006) ... Allods Online (2010)..."

Motherfuckers are Nival devs. Or to be precise, they were the Nivals that did SS and HoMM5.

There is a god!!!!!

Didnt I tell you? Russian and eastern europe developers are your saviours!

:hype:
:martini:
:takemymoney:
:hypeship:
:terminate:
:ibelieveincleve:
:kfc:
:drink:
:balance:
:mca:

laclongquan

Arcane
Reminder that Silent Storm's initial screenshots were and still are generic as fuck. Its joy is in the gameplay, not the eyecandy. Also reminder that these are the people who do turnfuckingbased Silent Storm and HoMM. TB fans should pray on their knees.

DO WE HAVE ANYONE AT THAT PAIZOCON?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reminder that Silent Storm's initial screenshots were and still are generic as fuck. Its joy is in the gameplay, not the eyecandy. Also reminder that these are the people who do turnfuckingbased Silent Storm and HoMM. TB fans should pray on their knees.

DO WE HAVE ANYONE AT THAT PAIZOCON?
This game is RTwP though, you gook.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Motherfuckers are Nival devs. Or to be precise, they were the Nivals that did SS and HoMM5.

There is a god!!!!!

Doesn't take long for you to turn into a fanboy... What happened to your "healthy skepticism" and "trusting no one"?

And what legend of the industry has managed to extend their prestige into the current gen?

laclongquan

Arcane
Eh~ This is my initial reaction after I process all facts, and derive to the conclusion: GIDDY!!!!

And I am not blindly believed that this game is good without playing it myself. I am not that naive, not after Prince of Qin developers had proved that you can go from one peak of mountain to the very abyss in the next step.

Nevertheless, this game has two reasons to be giddy about: the developers who were good at gameplay factors, and the story teller who are very good at text content.

We simply have to see, of course, but there is reason for hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom