Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Starcraft 1 Tourney, Now Starting

Dayyālu

Arcane
StarCraft-Header-2.png

Welcome, bunch of spiteful bastards. As our resident ebonics expert Kalin lacks the balls to organize anything that's not shitposting on the shoutbox (Hi Kalin, I love you too) he forces me to start a thread for playing RTS games in a semiorganized fashion. One can't waste all his time playing Dominions, cleaning guns and watching anime, I guess.

We can all be happy that Starcraft 1 has now become an acceptable Codex MP game thanks to 1) Being Free 2) Having subpar system requirements. Thus even the most starved Ukrainian peasants can play with us.

For now, I have no idea how to organize the tourney (point based? direct elimination? brackets?) it will all depend on how many people we get aboard. The only sure thing is that I will give (like with the OpenRA tourney) some kind of prize to the winner.

Sub-10 bucks prize, I mean.

EDIT: I suck at this game. I was never a good MP player and I'm rusty as hell. Do not worry if you suck. We all do. Join and fight!

THIS
should be a woking link. I don't know, because I downloaded my native language version due to nostalgia.

https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

latest

Sounds fun.

So, join now. Kalin, ping some of the other bastards that play.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I have no interest in joining,last time I played SC1 must me 6 years ago,I recently reinstalled SC2 and tried the Mass Recall mod but that's as far as I go,too rusty to actually play a tournament,it will be as embarrassing as MCA playing Arcanum

ArchAngel

Arcane
I suck at sc1(sub 100 apm player) but I might join if I am free at the time it is organised at.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I was a custom games babby and never really learned proper Brood War strats so no guarantees on joining.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Who plays starcraft anymore

Thanks KN, I knew I could count on you. Enlisted by force. Try it, it's free! (I haven't played SC for a long long time either).

I have no interest in joining

Thanks for letting me know your lack of interest in joining, that means by my understanding that you want to join. Welcome aboard.

I suck at sc1(sub 100 apm player) but I might join if I am free at the time it is organised at.

I am a sub-45 apm player and I'm organizing this thing.

I was a custom games babby and never really learned proper Brood War strats so no guarantees on joining.

I barely remember what Protoss are. Welcome aboard!

I was once capable of finishing the SC1 campaign, so I might be overqualified.

I did too.

With cheats.

Keep 'em coming, boys. And Kalin , tagging is bugged, only the first 10 or so work.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ah, why the fuck not. My last experience with Bnet and BW was somebody typing "WTF you doing teal*" in some 4v4 in reaction to my awesome BW skills.

Just schedule matches between 20:00 to 22:00 potato time (CET) and give me a few days heads up and a right to re-schedule. Next week should be ok, but the week after that might be hectic.

*teal being my color of course.

Eadee

Scholar
For now, I have no idea how to organize the tourney (point based? direct elimination? brackets?) it will all depend on how many people we get aboard. The only sure thing is that I will give (like with the OpenRA tourney) some kind of prize to the winner.
I'd say we start with 3 point based matches for everyone. Then the (8? 4?) people with the most points get into a single elimination tourney.

A match being won by 2 out of 3 games? Or by a single win if both participants agree that they have not enough min... not enough time for three games.

Does that sound acceptable?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom