Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Am playing a hybrid (among skills, lore) doing thief's guild quests. Am in Ganezzar. Would like to get to Al-Akia. Have just fought through Hellgate and saved before going up to temple. Have not killed Meru (yet), but have both scouted a way to his castle and met him to show him the map. Can give him the airship, but that didn't seem to do anything to bring me closer to Al-Akia. Any tips? Can I kill him with the thieves guild and go to Al-Akia with the legion? Will the expedition quest trigger after giving him airship?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
How did you get to Ganezzar? I assume you did so by following thieves guild all the way. If thats the case then al akia is locked out for you.

afaik for thief the only way to visit al akia is to
betray thieves in 2nd city to the ruler, not sure but blowing city up might work too
Unless something got changed that is.

Yeah, that's how I got to Ganezzar. Ah well, cheers.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Holy shit, since when were bombs so damaging? I remember in the last version I played, they were mainly used for Knock Down and their damage were almost always absorbed by Armor entirely but now they can usually take off 1/3 of someone's life in the blast.

Black Angel

Arcane
Is the final final final patch for AoD still planned?
Yes. The two final updates were for the mechanics and content, not improvements. In fact, a new update will be released today.
Would you please tweak Axe's passive so it wouldn't proc when the damage is fully absorbed by the armor? Or is weapon's passive (aside from Throwing) can still proc even if the damage is fully absorbed?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yes. The two final updates were for the mechanics and content, not improvements. In fact, a new update will be released today.

Great news. What improvements will this patch add? Also, any idea when it will be released on GoG?
In a day or two.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/1273802170608120081

Would you please tweak Axe's passive so it wouldn't proc when the damage is fully absorbed by the armor? Or is weapon's passive (aside from Throwing) can still proc even if the damage is fully absorbed?
Changed it to extra critical damage.

TigerKnee

Arcane
So Axe basically returned to its original state then?

Don't know how I feel about the Poison nerf - it was a mainstay of a lot of hybrid builds.

How much does the SP rebalancing affect the game in your tests? e.g allows for more branching, less branching etc.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
So Axe basically returned to its original state then?

No, before it was a chance for 25% more damage. Now it increases the damage you do on critical strikes (on all of them). It's powerful, but requires investment in CS.

Don't know how I feel about the Poison nerf - it was a mainstay of a lot of hybrid builds.

Potent poison was buffed, making the results similar when investing into alchemy. The last two poisons were 11-13 with potent poison, now they are 10-11.

How much does the SP rebalancing affect the game in your tests? e.g allows for more branching, less branching etc.

Hybrids are a bit easier, builds with 10 in several skills are much harder.

zool

Arcane
Is there any plan to add the Steam achievements to GOG or (even better) to make them appear in-game in the "Traits & Ranks" section?

Black Angel

Arcane
This is awesome! Some of the fights have been tweaked, the AI also seemingly much more intelligent.

However, Vault Dweller Elhoim have you guys considered the SP gained from training when implementing the new SP distribution? I remembered being able to go from Crafting 4 to 5 when trained by Maadoran IG's quartermaster, but now I only got 15 civic SP.

Black Angel

Arcane
I guess SP training remains the same when the costs went up, so that's a slight nerf there.
Yeah, seems like they overlooked it. Hopefully they would tweak it with a patch.

Anyway, why can't I fight the Monastery people anymore if I killed the Raiders and took the extract?

Black Angel

Arcane
No idea, we didn't change anything there. How is that you can't fight them?
So basically, if you killed the Raiders and get to interact with the villagers (like buying alchemy stuff from the Elder), you get a chance to either sneak into the vault, or intimidate the guards with high Bodycount after single-handedly killing all the Raiders by yourself to gain access. When you get out of the vault with the Extract, before the newest patch I get an option to attack the villagers and slaughter them, or give the extract and leave, or just leave with the extract. This time, with the new patch, no option to attack at all. Should I send a save?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom