Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I'm trying again, this time on Veteran. I got 12 guys, no money, no armors, all shit and the quests I get are against bandits with bows who wipe out half my party...

What's a general good starting strategy guys? I suck so bad I don't know what to do to get anywhere in the game, it's always a struggle to not die from hunger or desertion, not even considering I need some new armors.

Buy wood, sell wood, great way to make easy money. Basically, find some "trade routes", help the villages that produce the goods.

Parabalus

Arcane
92ABC79C523A6A0FC91F35EA6E78EE12F8AD4452

Bollocks I'm now hooked AGAIN messing around with 18 bros on field at once!

Game breaking as hell obviously but great craic if you run all kamikaze beggars with splitting axes...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So any news from 1.1? They went a bit silent recently. Maybe they read the Roxor-edgy review and decided to terminate any further development immediately?

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
They get arrested for lack of diversity in their game.
Will work at adding women and 'refuges' after they serve their sentence in definitely non concentration camp.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I see you got in the mood of the Codex fast. Well done!
Refugees exist in the game, you can even HIRE THEM.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
I see you got in the mood of the Codex fast. Well done!
Refugees exist in the game, you can even HIRE THEM.
The ones you can hire - insert joke about refuges working and leeching on welfare - have really dog shits stats thought.
Probably because the fit ones are busy with German women - that is why you do not see them in game. Or maybe devs are homos or misogynists scums?
That one would definitely explain sounds effects for humans and zombies.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Bought this recently.

Undead don't seem to have any kind of injury table; no "chipped this" or "cracked that".
I think that there should be some difference between uninjured skeleton and one that had its pelvis smashed with a pick-axe.
Same with surrounding mechanics, they should somehow affect skeletons to represent that their attention is divided and they are overwhelmed by proximity of multiple foes.

Otherwise it's been good experience so far.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
The undead are difficult to kill for me but now I've finally found enough flails so I'll equip all my guys next time I'm going against a bunch of skeletons and see if that helps.

I get the loot only from enemies I last hit?
If enemy drops any loot I always get it or can they drop loot while last hit by patrol and I should pick it up on the battle field to get it? (how do I pick up stuff - I forgot)

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
1)I get the loot only from enemies I last hit?
2)If enemy drops any loot I always get it or can they drop loot while last hit by patrol and I should pick it up on the battle field to get it? (how do I pick up stuff - I forgot)
1) As far as I've noticed, yes. Meaning that if you fight with an allied group you won't get exp/loot from their kills. Probably there to avoid exploits.
2) Yes you always get it, no need to pick it up manually (you pick them up by moving on the hex that contains them and opening the inventory screen - you will see them there).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It never was an RPG.
You're playing the role of what? The invisible entity controlling a band of mercenaries? Riiight.
It clearly has some RPG elements (namely stats), but it is a tactical combat game first and foremost. Just like XCom, JA, those Tales of XXX games, etc.

We shouldn't put everything into the RPG forum just because it has stats. ;)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Funny you mention those games, but I have done more roleplaying in those games than any other "true RPGs". Well, at least X-com and JA2.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Since Roxor's review it is not worthy of the RPG subforum anymore for the mods.

Joke's on them, Strategy Gaming is infinitely better than the RPG Gaming subforum.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny you mention those games, but I have done more roleplaying in those games than any other "true RPGs". Well, at least X-com and JA2.
It's true, the possibility to roleplay within a game is independent of the game having any RPG qualitification.

Just like you can use a vacuum cleaner as a sex toy.
It shouldn't be done, but some people will just never learn.

I used to larp around in C&C:Generals :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm okay, I guess we are back to the age old question.

What is a rpg?

:positive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom