Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

What the fuck. Your mother is nordic!

qKQ2NAW.png

szut.jpg

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Also - I'm in Moscow with our Exec Producer. Here at DevGAMM for the next few days. Any Codexers about?
Oh, if I knew earlier we could do an interview. Anyway, hope you enjoyed your stay in Moscow.

Was the conference productive?
Hey, sorry for the delay. Yeah, I think it was cool. We did a three-hour showcase as well and around two dozen people got to play and check out the game's early alpha (same build as at SXSW).

But the two main attractions in Moscow: Today my head almost exploded at the New Tretyakovka. Holy shit is it big or what??! (Also very nice Soviet exhibition, very nice all around)

And after that doozy we met up with the awesome Ice Pick Lodge folks who were cool and showed us their digs. We smoked some cigarettes after and chit-chatted about gamedev in general.

Tomorrow we're flying back to Tallinn.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This screenshot is a good example of the level of detail we put into our isometric environments. I think this is our new gold standard for interiors really. Also, the green orb there — that’s our version of the classic “?” question marks that comment on the environment in games like Pillars of Eternity.
Will UI elements like these be everpresent, or only appear on mouseover etc.? With such an attractive art style I'm going to want to take a lot of screenshots ... but photoshopping out nonremovable UI elements is a pain in the ass.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Shush! We have a beautiful UI. As to your butt - I'd consult with your general practitioner...

Flickering UIs would really suck during all that time while you're not hovering your finger over PRNT-SCRN. In theory we might have the screenshot function take a screen that snaps everything that is under the HUD layer (but you'll still get an overlay of our PayPal account) but this would mean that you couldn't take a screen of, say... a dialogue you'd really like to show your friends.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In theory we might have the screenshot function take a screen that snaps everything that is under the HUD layer
<------- at least one fan would adore this feature. Every game should have it.

but this would mean that you couldn't take a screen of, say... a dialogue you'd really like to show your friends.
Possible solution: PrScr = normal "all layers" screenshot; Shift+PrScr = "artistic" no-UI screenshot.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
I can promise you, that you're going to rue the day you asked for this, and would have had our programmers rather fix that gamebreaking bug...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Codex hang out with fine fellas.

PREVIEWS
"At once a re-invention and a return to the roots of the RPG genre."
RPGCodex

"With a captivating isometric aesthetic, that channels nostalgia in a good way, it has a killer look to match an off-beat premise."
Kotaku UK

"There are so many fresh ideas in the writing, systems, and artwork here that when the creators say “The role playing game is an emergent art form – and we’re set to light it on fire,” you can believe them. It seems like a lot to pull off, but heck, I reckon they can do it."
Kill Screen

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer

Codex hang out with fine fellas.

PREVIEWS
"At once a re-invention and a return to the roots of the RPG genre."
RPGCodex

"With a captivating isometric aesthetic, that channels nostalgia in a good way, it has a killer look to match an off-beat premise."
Kotaku UK

"There are so many fresh ideas in the writing, systems, and artwork here that when the creators say “The role playing game is an emergent art form – and we’re set to light it on fire,” you can believe them. It seems like a lot to pull off, but heck, I reckon they can do it."
Kill Screen

Aw, snap it's up :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom