Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Image of ship carrying your party remains static regardless of the direction of movement.

• Major decline. Well worth at least an image for four cardinal directions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Friend developer, please make this small adjustment to Lurking 1 (And 2, I suppose)- Make it so if you keep a movement key pushed, the "delay" between each movement will be far shorter.
I hate having to repeatedly tap the key to move faster! It makes exploration a drag.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Friend developer, please make this small adjustment to Lurking 1 (And 2, I suppose)- Make it so if you keep a movement key pushed, the "delay" between each movement will be far shorter.
I hate having to repeatedly tap the key to move faster! It makes exploration a drag.

Will do. I will have that for you soon.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer

https://goo.gl/cR9Lhy

Lurking I: v1.2.1f (the 'f' stands for flash because you will feel like 'Flash' running around) :)

Note: This is an executable only and requires the rest of the download package to work. It must be placed in and run from the same directory as the .exe from the complete package

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
this game looks cool as fuck. where do i download it ? (this is not a joke post).

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
this game looks cool as fuck. where do i download it ? (this is not a joke post).

Thanks for interest. Working on it. :)

Lurking I: Immortui ('Prequel' to the game featured in this thread) - https://oklabsoft.itch.io/lurking

Lurking II: A Madness - (Game featured in this thread) is in production and there is no demo available currently (although a few here have [referenced] a very early demo).

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Began messing with implementing a 'map' function designed to show a zoom out of surroundings provided your party has visualized the area in their travels. The following gives an example of what it looks like if the surrounding area has been completely explored. Not yet sure how exactly I will incorporate it and for what areas (over-world only and have to find maps of The Depths or whatever). Just experimenting.
screenshot-86.png

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Been a bit so just wanted to say: working, working, working on it. Adding handling of special game content now and making sure UI leaves nothing to be desired whether you like mouse, keys, or both. Soundtrack is coming along very well. Been looking over old posts to insure I have incorporated as many of your suggestions as possible. No Grimoire for me if this date holds but you enjoy... Just make sure you are done by about year's end. :)

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Got update from bro today that NPCs are about 2/3 written with a goal to complete by end of July. If converting/importing the data goes smoothly it will be a huge leap forward and the L2 world will come alive. Meanwhile I have been buttoning up a gazillion details, adding content, and taking care of any bugs I can find. Soundtrack is about 75% done too.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I was using LICECAP for screen capture but couldn't get full screen or sound so I downloaded a new tool. It was free (maybe I should consider a Kickstarter :decline:) ... but I like! Here is my first random attempt... ran into a rare Basilisk who was no match for my cheated party.

https://youtu.be/eL-dKaK7vjk

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Actually, it looks a bit blurry. I will have to mess with capture quality if I can.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Test video number two... a brief demo of convo system. Warning: this is why my brother writes the NPC convos and not me... probably won't make the final cut.

Last edited by a moderator:

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Weekend update. Dr. Jussy is off fishing and hiking in Colorado so I am guessing not much NPC work is happening but I have managed to add a couple of monsters including a goblin king that blows a war horn to summon reinforcements, get the automap working properly including save and load, add a secret location, catch the keyboard UI up with the mouse UI (except for character gen), complete the bit of the score for traveling The Deep, and tweak several other issues with various small metric prefixes... All while carefully monitoring the 'extremely active' threads on the codex. Things are looking real good.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
What's up with the cursor?

The mouse pointer in the videos? The recording software adds it. I didn't see an option to turn it off... maybe you can't in free version. I can always move it off screen now that I know it will show up in replay.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I have decided to ignore some other 'popular' threads. I'm out (for now). I am jealous of the interest/attention but have come to the conclusion that it is meaningless to me until I can learn from something substantial and it is also sapping productivity. On to making Lurking II: A Madness the exemplar of indie CRPG games without the use of adventure construction sets, Kickstarter funds, legacy systems (well... perhaps guilty there), or paid mercenaries. The Madness cometh! :)

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I have decided to ignore some other 'popular' threads. I'm out (for now). I am jealous of the interest/attention but have come to the conclusion that it is meaningless to me until I can learn from something substantial and it is also sapping productivity. On to making Lurking II: A Madness the exemplar of indie CRPG games without the use of adventure construction sets, Kickstarter funds, legacy systems (well... perhaps guilty there), or paid mercenaries. The Madness cometh! :)
I sincerely hope for success in this and indeed all of your ventures you madman!

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I like getting opinions. I sometimes feel a bit out of touch with the masses. Please take a moment to respond to my poll question. Thanks!

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
It makes no difference to me TBH. If it saves you work on graphics so you can work on interesting mechanics and/or encounters then all for the better.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Can't get my quotes to work (must be my script blocker). Anyway, Wayward Son, I completely understand what you are saying. This is exactly what I was wondering. Thanks.

Jinn

Arcane
I think a lot of people are having trouble with quoting right now, oklabsoft.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom