Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Far Cry 5 - set in the exotic open world of MONTANA

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Now that the leaked screenshots turned out to be a Wild West MMO, it's most likely a different setting for Far Cry 5 (I don't like Wild West settings anyways). I'm curious what they come up with, even though I haven't played any Far Cry since #1

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think it's pretty obvious after Primal that no setting can stop them from creating just another Generic Ubisoft Open World Game that's identical to all the others.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I'd play that shit if shooting was good. There's almost nothing in the western genre for PC and as much as i dislike this almost procedurrally created open world, FC3 was still kinda fun because of how good the gunplay felt. Just don't make main protagonist a brat again and i'm ready to climb yer windmill towers.:]

TC Jr

Scholar
There was an Easter egg on 4 where if you wait long enough at the start of the game, the villian comes back and you join him, cut to credits.

Funny to think if this was an RPG that'd have been a whole quest line you could actually do. That's what ruins the FC games to me, the gameplay can be quite fun/sandboxy but the campaigns are so fucking boring and linear.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Ok, first rumors spreading: game is about a bullshit officer, who fights against a bullshit clan trying to hoard bullshit on bull ranches, resulting in an obstipation problem. The goal of the game is to stop the bullshitting and release the intestinal blockage. It all happens in Montana, which was hinted by their live-action team, and the modern looking, blue, white, red logo resembling the police thingy.

:negative:
Sounds like a recycled Ghost Recon Wildlands+Far Cry 4+Wild West Online...
and definitely not what I expected. I expected one of the following settings from the 2015 Ubisoft poll:
  • A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
  • A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
  • A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
  • A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
  • A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
  • A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
  • A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
  • Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
  • A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
  • A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
  • A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, first rumors spreading: game is about a bullshit officer, who fights against a bullshit clan trying to hoard bullshit on bull ranches, resulting in an obstipation problem. The goal of the game is to stop the bullshitting and release the intestinal blockage. It all happens in Montana, which was hinted by their live-action team, and the modern looking, blue, white, red logo resembling the police thingy.

and definitely not what I expected. I expected one of the following settings from the 2015 Ubisoft poll:
  • A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
  • A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs

You cant have a interesting setting in FC game because that would require putting some level of effort into making the game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

You cant have a interesting setting in FC game because that would require putting some level of effort into making the game.

Western sounds kind of interesting, there aren't many western games

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I always associated FC with exotic places, but that's a colonialist gaze. And tbh, Montana is also exotic for most city dwellers.

McPlusle

Savant
Rural cult compounds sound like an awesome setting, so of course it gets to be wasted on a fucking Ubisoft game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom