Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

Understood. Thanks.

Was wondering if there is a cap to INT as well? Half - ogre can reach 16 if I remember well, but I doubt the full-blooded ogre could reach such an int on Arcanum universe. But if they could reach 16 anyway, it is something I'm willing to accept :)

Poseidon

Educated
in other words, work on UAP 2.0 is progressing smoothly, already fixed about 100 bugs, plenty of them on the engine level, also planning to bundle in all my existing mods and improvement packs, shit gun b lit af fam

Are you releasing a UAP 2.0 or is all this getting imported into Multiverse?

Otherwise, keep the up the good work man, glad to see you motivated!

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Great work, Drog. Very cool.

Is there also a level-cap remover in the works? It would be even better if you could make a button to allow an extra Character Point at level up.

Yes, I reinstalled and am playing it again.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
How can I level my companions myself? I left the NPC Autoleveling checkbox unchecked during installation, but it doesn't seem to work. Or do I have to check it to turn it off?

Poseidon

Educated
How can I level my companions myself? I left the NPC Autoleveling checkbox unchecked during installation, but it doesn't seem to work. Or do I have to check it to turn it off?

NPC Autoleveling just means companions will scale to your level upon joining.

I'm not too sure about leveling them yourself. I think it was possible, but it has been a while. I know you could choose a preset in their Character Sheet, and I THINK it was possible to turn off the presets and hence, do it yourself.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Are you releasing a UAP 2.0

yes, it's coming

i'm also doing a new version of the high resolution patch, which will hopefully fix all remaining bugs and add cool new features like increasing the pre-load radius (basically how much of the game content do you want to be active at the same time, kinda like sectors in Morrowind), more follower portraits on screen, etc, basically the new high resolution patch will be highly configurable

i'm also automating the whole engine patching business, for the moment being it's just a giant script that patches the vanilla arcanum.exe. it has a config file where i can turn shit on and off, like all the engine fixes and mods in the UAP, high resolution patch, this race mod, etc. this is meant to prevent any possible slip ups and fuck ups that come with straight up hex editing

i'm considering doing all the patching at runtime in memory, but i dunno, maybe in the uap 3.0?? that faggot ass toee modder refused to help me code a wrapper, fuck that piece of shit right in the ass

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Is there also a level-cap remover in the works?

yes, i've already integrated the existing level cap remover patch into the UAP. however, i'm not yet sure how to make it available. i can either add an option in the installer or maybe a command line argument?? like you'd run the game with levelcap:100 to get it, which one would you guys prefer??

It would be even better if you could make a button to allow an extra Character Point at level up.

where should i put all these buttons lololol

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
also bros, all the daily heavy drinking has finally caught up to me

i have a terrible tachycardia and high blood pressure

i might die

Jinn

Arcane

i might die

Take care of yourself man. It's not too late to change it around.

Also, we can't lose one the the best Arcanum modders known to MAN!

SymbolicFrank

Magister

i might die
Well. You know what to do about it. Much better than cancer, where you don't have options.

How do you live and what do you want?

i might die[/QUOTE]
yes, i've already integrated the existing level cap remover patch into the UAP. however, i'm not yet sure how to make it available. i can either add an option in the installer or maybe a command line argument?? like you'd run the game with levelcap:100 to get it, which one would you guys prefer??

where should i put all these buttons lololol

Would it be hard to make it available on the config file of multiverse edition?

i might die

Mate, take care of yourself please. :salute:

Macbeth

Scholar
Would it be hard to make it available on the config file of multiverse edition?
UAP is stand alone project. We're in touch with Drog, but AME has its own way.
In general, situation will be the same as before: we'll take in account the new version of UAP and transfer to the RePack best parts.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Black, nah bro sorry to disappoint you but i'm still alive

went to see a doctor today, he said that yeah i do have a crazy tachycardia, my heart rate is like 120 bpm, but eh, the heart itself is fine, so it has to be something else

like i should probably stop binge drinking

and chain smoking and vaping

especially while eating at a calorie deficit

and even so, it seems to be more of an anxiety issue in his opinion

like yeah ok, i ain't gonna argue with that, it's all probably true

Poseidon

Educated
Blackit seems to be more of an anxiety issue in his opinion. like yeah OK, i ain't gonna argue with that, it's all probably true

Do you get panic attacks? (It's that thing where all the symptoms seem like a heart attack, but it goes on for 20 minutes and then you're fine again). I used to have those, my whole family does actually. It's a Panic Disorder. I managed to get rid of mine with Clonazepame (now illegal in most countries) and Paroxetine over the course of 3 months. Of course, you'll have to go to the mind doctor for those...

P.S. This topic is not what I expected it to be xD Sorry Macbeth!

Caleb462

Educated
Since when is Klonopin illegal in most countries? Scheduled/restricted in most countries perhaps, not illegal.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
How can I level my companions myself?
not possible in the vanilla game

however i've made a trainer that 'unlocks' NPC stats in-game

i might add an option in the game settings to turn this behavior on/off in the next version of the uap
I tried it, like it says in the text file, but I'm probably doing something wrong, because I cannot get it to work. They're still autoleveling, and the stats aren't editable.

Poseidon

Educated
Since when is Klonopin illegal in most countries? Scheduled/restricted in most countries perhaps, not illegal.

Any Clonazepame medication (which is Rivotril in most of EU) has been prohibited in most of the EU as "highly addictive/patients become dependent". They don't even have it in drugstores, in fact you can buy it from the same people that sell cocaine on the streets, that's how bad it is :P

Caleb462

Educated

Any Clonazepame medication (which is Rivotril in most of EU) has been prohibited in most of the EU as "highly addictive/patients become dependent". They don't even have it in drugstores, in fact you can buy it from the same people that sell cocaine on the streets, that's how bad it is :P

Clonazepam actually, no 'e' at the end - unless they spell that differently in the EU too? But yeah, trade name is Klonopin here in the US and it is widely used recreationally for sure - but 'illegal in most countries' is just a mischaracterization. I wasn't aware how much it was restricted in the EU though. Do they treat stuff like diazepam and alprazalom the same way or does clonazepam get singled out for some strange reason? It's a scheduled drug in the US too but Schedule IV - which means the controls are, relatively speaking, somewhat light. Prescriptions remain very common in the US.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
How can I level my companions myself?
not possible in the vanilla game

however i've made a trainer that 'unlocks' NPC stats in-game

i might add an option in the game settings to turn this behavior on/off in the next version of the uap
I tried it, like it says in the text file, but I'm probably doing something wrong, because I cannot get it to work. They're still autoleveling, and the stats aren't editable.
You have to run the trainer as administrator for it to work. This was made in the Windows XP days, so :M

This is also one of the reasons why I'm remaking the UAP. There's plenty of quirks to take care of when running the game on modern systems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom