Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
pippin said:
The Steam version of Bloodnet only has the CD release with the voice acting. The gog version gives you both the CD version and the floppy version, without voice acting. That is, if you care about these sort of things.
Care to weigh in ghostdog?

*cough*
Eh IIRC the voice over is extensive and not that terribad (considering the era), BUT the problem is that when you have VO on, it doesn't show any text and you can't skip it, which sucks considering the huge amount of dialog this game has. Also the only way to turn off VO is by turning off sound all together. SO basically you want the floppy version.

Or even better, the amiga version, since it has better music/sound.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The bottom tier is worth it for Deadly Tower of Monsters alone. One of the few games of 2016 that gets my recommendation.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Humble Bundle Store is having a sale these days. No doubt there are some very good deals out there, but the only one I feel like mentioning is Eversion at 50% off for $2.50 and DRM-free!

Go! Go! Go!

Turjan

Arcane
Humble Indie Bundle 18 is out.

Pay what you want:
  • Ziggurat
  • Windward
  • SteamWorld Heist

Beat the average ($6.60 at the moment):
  • Kentucky Route Zero (Season Pass Edition)
  • Beholder
  • Goat Simulator: GOATY
  • + more to be revealed

$13
  • Owlboy
Not a bad selection.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Nice, I bought the upper tier. I would have bought Owlboy and SteamWorld Heist rather sooner than later, and I'll probably play at least Beholder as well.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I figured out why Beholder is in that bundle: The first DLC for the game gets released tomorrow.

What a coincidence. :M

sser

Arcane
Developer
Just wanna say Humble refunded a mistaken GTA5 purchase (don't ask) despite the fact I had opened the key in the menu. Pretty solid customer service.

Probably has to do with the fact I've given them shitloads of money, but let's not get too cynical...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah I had a bundle purchase refunded within twelve hours (I think less) of my request. They do have great customer service.

Don Peste

Arcane
Explore the Humble Trove
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Discover a treasure trove of games! Humble Monthly subscribers have access to our full catalog of Humble Originals and other DRM-free gems.
JBLv51z.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom