Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

M&B - Mount & Blade Warband TOP 10 mods

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:necro:

Replaying this again with Floris mod pack for the first time. It definitely bumps off Native Expansion in my book. Of course, the guy also bundled a lot of other popular mods like Diplomacy and Freelancer, too. I would highly recommend it even for a new player and not even bother with unmodded vanilla. There's nothing ground breaking but it fleshes out a lot of things that were lacking in the base game; especially 'quality-of-life' improvements that makes it easier to have your own faction as far as recruiting and management goes. The one thing that's sort of wonky are the bandit armies that scale with your level. It's fine to have them pop up once a week but it seems like they regenerate every other day. Of course, that actually helped when I was taking land from the Sarranids as all I had to do retreat from them a bit, coax some of the bandit hordes to attack, and after I won I'd replenish my army with the 50+ prisoners they always had with them.

Unfortunately in this playthrough I'm already up and running with 80 right-to-rule, half the Sarranid territory, and a few lords under my command. That's 75% of the challenge with the rest being a grueling slog to conquer all of Calradia. Did it once, have no desire to do it again. Will have to check out another mod.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Unfortunately in this playthrough I'm already up and running with 80 right-to-rule, half the Sarranid territory, and a few lords under my command. That's 75% of the challenge with the rest being a grueling slog to conquer all of Calradia. Did it once, have no desire to do it again. Will have to check out another mod.

A mere 80 RtR, half of one faction out of six "conquered", a few lords under your belt and you're "75%" done? You do realize the hardest part of Warband is getting recognized as a monarch from leaders of the other factions, don't you? And holding onto lords and lands becomes harder as the game progresses? Not to mention you have Diplomacy integrated into Floris, which gives you many more means at your disposal to conquer other than just OMG CHARG WIT SWARDYIAN NIGHTS!!!!111

What is it with 14,000-post noobs these days. Embarrassing!

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

A mere 80 RtR, half of one faction out of six "conquered", a few lords under your belt and you're "75%" done? You do realize the hardest part of Warband is getting recognized as a monarch from leaders of the other factions, don't you? And holding onto lords and lands becomes harder as the game progresses? Not to mention you have Diplomacy integrated into Floris, which gives you many more means at your disposal to conquer other than just OMG CHARG WIT SWARDYIAN NIGHTS!!!!111

What is it with 14,000-post noobs these days. Embarrassing!

RtR caps at 99. I've already had 'recognition' from three other kings and haven't really bothered asking it from the others. As I said in my post, which you only seemed to read 25% of, I've done it before and the rest is more tedious than entertaining. The challenge is getting up and running to the point where the other monarchs consider you their peers and don't constantly declare war.

Also:
Stop being a dumbfuck.

Anyway, hopefully you got that out of your system. Tried 1257 mod for an hour and the AI seems extremely broken. I decided to get in with the true heirs to the Roman Empire, Nicea... unfortunately during the initial phases of the their war with the Latin Empire they just went from raiding village to village... with their combined army of over 1,000 men. What's worse is even after one village was raided they just sat there for five minutes around the smoldering remains not doing anything. Never tried to siege a city or fort.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Sorry for being a bitch. Next mod you try, be female. Makes the game harder.

I know you didn't think much about PoP, but it's probably still the best out there.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sorry for being a bitch. Next mod you try, be female. Makes the game harder.

I know you didn't think much about PoP, but it's probably still the best out there.
I usually play as female. Girl powah!

deuxhero

Arcane
I actually feel it makes it easier past the very early game. The background options that differ for the sexes always put a bunch of combat stats on the male and medical stats on the female. I prefer making the PC a doctor (and other non-combat stuff) because the bonus for them having the skill on the PC will save lots of high level troops who will be matter in a battle more than the PC being slightly better at combat.

If you do go the vassal route, having a fief (which is gaurenteed to be the shittiest fief of the faction) counts a lot against your odds of getting awarded a fief, but being female does not appear to be taken into these calculations, so skipping the shit fief is better in the long run

Spirited courser is also nice.

Avellion

Erudite
Being a woman means that you have a slightly easier time getting attention (reknown), have a slightly harder time getting awarded for fiefs, but at the same time, it means it is also easier to decline fiefs you dont want (for the last time, I dont want that shitty village that you dumbfucks burned down while I singlehandedly took the town), it is a bit harder to become a vassal and when you do you arent given any fief (no big loss anyway, seeing as you kinda piss off a lord whose fief you just took), and while I havent done it, I hear that women who get married can actually exploit their husbands for personal gain.

lefthandblack

Arcane

I just recently started playing this, awesome game, though vanilla does have some room for impovement. The OP was right about trying to find something decent.

I installed floris and loaded up the tutorial level because I wanted to see the changes that had been made to archery. Unfortunately I couldn't do that from here as the mod seems to have broken the tutorial level. The bow you are supposed to pick up is non-existent
even though the big arrow pointing to where it is supposed to be is still there -very sloppy.

Ok, I can see how the modder might expect that anyone trying a mod would never play the tutorial level, no biggie.

Alright let's check out these new animations.......swing.... HuuUUUURGGGHHHEHHH!!!!

WTF. Holy shit that is a bad sounding piece of voice acting.

Why new voices? Vanilla was fine.

MODDERS GONNA MOD.

Ok, lets check out the changes that have been made to riding............ CLOP(reverb)CLOP(reverb)CLOP(reverb)!

That Too Sounds like shit, vanilla was fine.
Why change it?

MODDERS GONNA MOD.

Hmmm. Yeah. Nope. Uninstalled.

Ok, back to the nexus. Hey here is one that sounds good!
It's based on diplomacy, good.
It has the orders mod incorporated, good.
It adds new banners, good.
It adds some new weapons and stuff, hmm might be good.
Adds new faces and shit, not needed but whatever.
Gunz in muh midevuls! You're losing me.
DARK KNIGHT QUEEN AND INVASION!!!!11

FUCK THIS SHIT.

So now I'm investigating using diplomacy as a base and merging what I want myself.

lefthandblack

Arcane
Yeah I might try that one when I'm bored with vanillaish. I ended up trying the one with the dark knight bullshit and it turns out the mod has an option to disable that part so it's ok.
The mod is Tocan's Calradia and aside from adding guns to one of the factions everything else is pretty ok. The diplomacy mod and the orders mod are the main things that I wanted as they add what should have been in the vanilla game.

Deakul

Augur
Are there any good and mostly finished LOTR mods for Warband? I recall hearing about one getting released a year or so ago but I forgot its name.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
All the mods for this game are badly designed, flawed turds. Apply a few fixes for diplomacy, castle recruiting and don't forget to cheat if you aren't held down by arbitrary larping restrictions.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Are there any good and mostly finished LOTR mods for Warband? I recall hearing about one getting released a year or so ago but I forgot its name.

The Last Days works kinda well with Warband. I've completed two campaigns with it, and bar a bug or two it's almost stable. Read the forums carefully, though.

All the mods for this game are badly designed, flawed turds. Apply a few fixes for diplomacy, castle recruiting and don't forget to cheat if you aren't held down by arbitrary larping restrictions.

Just shut up, you don't even know what you are talking about

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

A World of Ice and Fire mod has finally been released proper with v1.0.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-world-of-ice-and-fire

Welcome to A World of Ice and Fire. A modification for Mount&Blade;: Warband based off of GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire and the HBO TV show Game of Thrones. This mod has used Brytenwalda's source as a base to re-build upon. Be prepared to create your own House and challenge the Seven Kingdoms in this adaptation of A Game of Thrones. A gritty world awaits you full of treachery and traitorous Kings, Lords and Knights. Will you survive the slaughter and take the Iron throne, or will you succumb to the traitorous ways that goes forth in Westeros and Essos.

I'm extremely pleased to release the first complete version of AWoIaF finally out of it's beta phase. I will say however, this does not mean it's the final version, meaning no more updates. More content will come containing bug fixes and improvements, but I do consider this now to be feature complete.

Changes
  • Added around 50 new face codes created by Shark8.
  • Gave Westerlanders new helmets.
  • Added two new armour textures from Kraggrim.
  • Companions will now recruit armies of the players culture.
  • Added Blocs Northerner Horses.
  • You can now learn how to read at a citadel.
  • Added some new locations to find.
  • Removed Craster as a Wildling lord.
  • Made various changes to the map.
  • All troops with throwing weapons should now correctly wield them.
  • Various adjustments to diplomacy. Essos wars are now unlocked but will not mingle with Westerosi factions.
  • Various adjustments to Sieges. Removed some of the ai triggers which caused a lot of issues with units
  • getting stuck.
  • Slight adjustments to castle/village walkers. Code taken from VC.
  • Added female children.
  • Tweaked children code.
  • No Lords will defect in static wars mode.
  • Some Lords will only auto-defect if they have -100 relation with their liege.
  • Added new battle standards/banners to every faction.
  • Re-wrote code for Septry's plus added a few more. You can now attack all septry's and reap various consequences.
  • Added some new events for static wars mode.
  • Adjusted some starting relations to slightly adjust game balance.
  • Added new Longclaw model created by Lotnik.
  • Completely re-wrote the religions and all code related to this. This has resulted in many bugs being fixed.
  • Added a new sword for Braavosi troops.
  • Added polished buildings.
  • Standardised most prop objects.
  • Optimised more collision objects.
  • Changed how merc companies work. This also fixes some bugs that occurred with them.
  • Reduced the size of the Arak.
  • Gave all northern footmen shields.
  • Tweaked flora code.
  • Added some new trees from CWE and removed some others.
  • Rechecked and changed all the companion reputation types.
  • Changed critical damage system to VC system.
  • Removed several conflicting triggers.
  • Tidied up the mission templates files.
  • Added AO to all items and any LOD's missing them. This fixes some of the 'popping' that occurred when changing LOD's.
  • Removed battle time and coop scripts etc.
  • Removed all instances of WSE as it was causing issues.
  • Added character menu presentations from VC.
  • Added camp menu presentations from VC.
  • Updated stamina code and presentations from VC.
  • Added build settlement feature, code and inspiration from VC.
  • Removed old options presentations and added new from VC.
  • Added ship travel from VC for player and AI.
  • Added sea battles and all features relating to this from VC.
  • Added new party icon scripts.
  • Re-added lords deal extra damage and take less damage from Custom Commander.
  • Added troop tree presentations from VC.
  • Added Companion presentations from VC.
  • Merged all menus etc.
  • Added the scenic view presentation from VC.
  • Removed loot wagon as it could be exploited too much.
  • Removed old menus and presentations.
  • Added new menu backgrounds.
  • Updated wound system to VC system.
  • You can now name your children.
  • Added 38 brand new tracks created by Milan Cizek and removed any native tracks left. Previews can be found here Youtube.com
  • Added several new ships.
  • re-arranged/tidied up the loot screen.
  • Adjustments to the path finding on the campaign map. You should hopefully be less likely to be pulled towards the roads.
  • Adjusted all map icon sizes and re-positioned some.
  • Added new ship icons and animations for all parties.
  • Updated decapitation from VC.
  • Removed jacobhinds moral system and used the one from VC.
  • Unsullied soldiers will never rout.
  • Added new ships modified by Kraggrim to work with the new sea battles. These include all new textures too.
  • Added the Iron Bank of Braavos.
  • Removed banks and the buying of land from all other locations.
  • Changed Maidenpool to a coastal/port town.
  • Changed various scenes.
  • Made changes to every castle and town scene.
  • Removed old port menus and port blockades in assaults.
  • Replaced honour with reputation.
  • As requested I removed the animations from the player special traits as it could leave your troops vulnerable for a few seconds.
  • All castles now also belong to a religion.
  • Changed all menu backgrounds for new. Some are much higher resolution.
  • Updated thrust animations to make them quicker/better.
  • Added 1 handed overhead stabbing.
  • Added 2 handed overhead stabbing.
  • Adjusted stats of all spears, lances, javelins and staffs.
  • Updated Unsullied soldiers.
  • Adjusted core diplomacy settings and fixed some bugs relating to this.
  • Updated the weapon break scripts and triggers.
  • Weapons can be repaired by weapon smiths.
  • Changed prices for all armours, hats and shoes.
  • Made quite a few adjustments to all VC presentations to fit AWoIaF and GoT's.
  • Added shaders from VC.
  • Updated Bloodloss code to VC system.
  • Added Wights.
  • Added Whitewalkers.
  • Added feature that only allows Wights and Whitewalkers to be killed by certain weapons.
  • Added 2x Whitewalker armours including boots and gloves.
  • Added 4 x Ice weapons.
  • Added harbours to various towns that needed them.
  • Added updated HD textures from Warband update where needed.
  • Changed a few locations names.
  • Correctly gave Lemonwood to Lord Deziel Dalt.
  • Added 5 more villages to Essos.
  • Added 3 more villages to the Free Folk.
  • Added Great Sept of Baelor interior.
  • Some Dothraki didn't have horses which they now do.
  • Finished Bolster the Black quest.
  • Added the Lands of Always Winter quest.
  • Adjusted simulated battles if attacking Wights or Whitewalkers.
  • Re-instated Old Valyria quest.
  • Added Troop Quarters from VC.
  • Added second outfit from VC.
  • Replaced all quick battle and multiplayer scenes for native.
  • Added formations AI plus other templates to quick battles. Now you can re-enact your own versions of the Battle of the Bastards.
  • Adjusted the range in which parties will travel and attack, this should hopefully allow factions to move into other territories easier.
  • Updated villagers ai.
  • Updated shield bash code to VC system.
  • Removed lots of redundant items and replaced others with higher quality versions.
  • Re-worked Lannister army troop tree.
  • Re-worked Lys troop tree and items.
  • Re-worked Crownlands troop tree and items.
  • Re-worked Mercs troops tree and items.
  • Re-worked Volantis troop tree and items.
  • Re-worked Pentos troop tree and items.
  • Made adjustments to all other troop trees.
  • Added more bridges.
  • Added King feature: - if the player is king of the seven kingdoms,
    - Various special events will occur
    - You can force an imprisoned lord to take the black.
  • Added more weapons.
  • Changed colours of all factions to be a bit more lore friendly.
  • Added animations for giving charge command.

New Scenes
  • Lys - created by WollyTheModder
  • White Harbour - created by mikeboix
  • Storms End
  • Ashefa Athaozar
  • 3x new Septry scenes.
  • Golden Grove
  • Norvos
  • Fairmarket
  • Lorath - created by WollyTheModder
  • Adjusted/Fixed Kings Landing siege scene.
  • Adjusted/Fixed Braavos siege scene.
  • Myr - created by Akathir
  • Lorath - created by Akathir
  • Brightwater Keep - created by Moose
  • The Crag - created by Moose
  • Greywater Watch - created by Pheonix
  • Moat Cailin - created by Moose
  • Cider Hall - created by Kaampper
  • Tyrosh - created by Moose
Fixes

• Fixed several meshes missing textures.
  • Fixed several trees with low level LOD's causing issues.
  • Fixed issue with several missing trees on the campaign map.
  • Several small tweaks and issues resolved.
  • Fixed an issue where some Lords would stay as part of an eliminated faction.
  • Fixed a tonne of string errors.
  • Fixed the forest random battle scenes that started you on the edge of the map.
  • Fixes to Pyke siege.
  • Various other siege scenes tweaked.
  • Fixed some bugs related to companions.
  • Fixed 24 random scenes that did not have spawn points allocated. (could cause you to sometimes
  • start at the edge of the map).
  • Fixed moat cailin ai mesh.
  • Fixed pyke prison entry.
  • Fixes to lots of scenes regarding floating meshes etc.
  • Fixed transgender dothraki armourer.
  • Fixed various vertex animation that was causing issues with some models disappearing at various distances. The Westerlander shield being one of them.
  • Fixed an exploit regarding the last part of varys quests.
  • Fixed a bug that could stop your child from being born.
  • Fix Highgarden passages.
  • Fixed all instances where factions would sometimes declare wars on others irrationally - ie when speaking to religious dudes.
  • Fixed an exploit where you could steal enemy troops if working as a farmer in a village.
  • Fixed an exploit with sieges that allowed you to easily starve locations.
  • Fixed an exploit with ulfs dialogue.
  • Fixed exploit in brotherhood of banners dialogue.
  • Fixed a bug regarding troop factions.
  • Fixed an issue with the Free Folk Marshall.
  • Fixed some Essos villages not being raided by the correct bandit parties.
  • Various fixes made to the first scene.
  • Fixes to incorrect ui text.
  • Fixed exploit where giving lords troops (even if you had none) would result in huge relationship bonuses.
  • Tonnes of minor bugs fixed.

Beastro

Arcane
How's A Clash of Kings progressing?

The Last Days works kinda well with Warband. I've completed two campaigns with it, and bar a bug or two it's almost stable. Read the forums carefully, though.

Play it and appreciate how they kept the overall tone of the novels true to form, like having no plate since Tolkien based the world on the Migration Period and never mentioned any used.

There's also widely different ways of playing depending on who you pick, from conventional MB recruit with Free Men, recruiting hordes of shit with Sauron and the odd recruitment Elves get where they have very powerful units, but you only get small allotments of troops at very sparse intervals and very few ways of recruiting Men to fill in the numbers gap. It means that losing even base tier Elvish troops in moderate numbers is severe and can easily cripple your army.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Play it and appreciate how they kept the overall tone of the novels true to form, like having no plate since Tolkien based the world on the Migration Period and never mentioned any used.

There's also widely different ways of playing depending on who you pick, from conventional MB recruit with Free Men, recruiting hordes of shit with Sauron and the odd recruitment Elves get where they have very powerful units, but you only get small allotments of troops at very sparse intervals and very few ways of recruiting Men to fill in the numbers gap. It means that losing even base tier Elvish troops in moderate numbers is severe and can easily cripple your army.

Yeh,I probably had more fun with the Last Days than with baseline M&B thanks to variety. And I still had a lot of fun with baseline M&B. Sure, the campaign is a tad fanfictionish, but it's inevitable.

Should replay it with Isengard one of those days. With a new rig, I could even expand numbers to some insane size and enjoy the mess.

On the matter of being lore-friendly, methinks TLD struck some sort of "golden standard": it's still book-faithful in many regards (the Gondorian realms and their variety of troops, Sauron's allies etc) but it kept the overalll movie visual design (that I find, from a merely design standpoint, very good and striking for a visual medium).

Don't use "Migration Period" or Völkerwanderung, though. Do you want to trigger the contemporary historians :lol::lol::lol:

Don Peste

Arcane
What about... Chronicles of Might and Magic?

commmb.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Do they plan getting other harder enemies like dragons and shit ? Though it is still impressive work.

Late but...
Holy shit dude wonderful work mate OST of Pendor is best part of that mod.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Speaking of TLD, we've recently released 3.5.
Last few weeks have been spent fixing all the bugs. :D But yeah, development still ongoing.

tindrli

Arcane
is anyone playing this.. just got it.. and i played like 12 hours in vanila.. and seems like there is no base quest and no end so i thought its time to apply some mods. last night i download
a clash of kings ACOK 4.0 http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=194610.0
Floris Evolved 1.11b ( i cant figure out how to use this reshade 1.3)
Floris Expanded 2.54 ( im runing game on laptop so i dont know if i will be able to run Evolved )
Prophecy of pendor 3.8.4

are those last versions? are there any other mod worth of time ?

any suggestions are welcome

and yes im still enjoying native

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom