Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BattleTech Pre-Release Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
That MP gameplay video is pretty cool. The game looks and seems to play nice, I will enjoy watching people on Twitch do battle :)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Store pages are popping up.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BattleTech/
https://af.gog.com/game/battletech?as=1649904300

edit.
Steam page has system requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Intel Pentium Core i3 3210 3.20GHz or AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 7850
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Pentium Core i5 3450 3.10GHz or AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device

Last edited by a moderator:
Weasel
Paradox deal generating excitement

3BkOgB2.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They all think Paradox made the game now? :)

Edit:

Oops read that wrong, ignore.

Last edited:

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Very nice.
Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but i can't remember anymore:
Do Codex-Backers for MW get access to the beta?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Currently playing BattleTech on the PDXCON Twitch stream:

There was a thing yesterday too:

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The more I look at the game sessions, the more I think that a real time version like Mechcommander will be more fun.

Simplistic gameplay all all wrapped up by an ugly UI.
If that's all to the strategic aspect, maybe the game will be salvaged by the economic/mercenary aspect of the game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The more I look at the game sessions, the more I think that a real time version like Mechcommander will be more fun.

Simplistic gameplay all all wrapped up by an ugly UI.
If that's all to the strategic aspect, maybe the game will be salvaged by the economic/mercenary aspect of the game.
I don't agree it is simplistic. Between facing, position, overheating, initiative differences, called shots and pilot abilities there will be enough complexity.

Weasel
A the moment, Paradox suggest you can play this Unity game on a toaster with Intel integrated graphics:

WOXVW4x.png

Gaben says no.

IS0H02f.png

Guessing Gaben's closer to the truth.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I find it hard to take system requirement charts seriously. Can't shake the suspicion that most developers are just copy-pasting something that "looks about right".

Like, 8GB, 16GB? Does that really matter? Meh.

Starwars

Arcane
I've never been a superfan of the franchise, only sort of vaguely interested, but the gameplay videos shown looks like a lot of fun to me.

Still hope they'll get back to doing a Shadowrun game sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Also gotta say that the HBS guys are probably the devs I think are the most fun to listen to in interviews and such. Seems like a really cool bunch.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
A the moment, Paradox suggest you can play this Unity game on a toaster with Intel integrated graphics:

WOXVW4x.png

Gaben says no.

IS0H02f.png

Guessing Gaben's closer to the truth.

I think it has more to do with the fact that "minimum requirements" aren't actually the lowest of the low that you can use for potato graphics anymore.

ArchAngel

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom