Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Xzar

Augur
Alan Wake is a mediocre game everyone should own. Its boring, repetitive, unimaginative, doesnt really work as Twin Peaks spiritual successor they once claimed to be, but still worth at least one playthrough.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Save your money. Summer Sales tend to have better deals
lolno
I saved money because sales sux. How ironic.
Sales have been crap for a couple of years now.
agree, I have small wish list (like 5 titles with maybe one "a must" and something to pick at decent price) and still no decent deal so far.

Steam Sales? Who give a shit when you get flashing "-75%" so you can buy it for mere €19.99...
INB4 "git better jerb and more moniez" - I got decent gaming library and the only reason to buy anything new is? That's right - low price.
And [-75%] €19.99 does not belong here...

Astral Rag

Arcane
Herve still has some cards to play.

It was originally released on mobile/Windows 10.

I wonder if they're going to ask 10€ for this one too.

10€ for a digital download of a poorly-configured 20 year old game

el-peito-el-risita-o.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/steam/steam-summer-sale-2017-dates

Steam Summer Sale may run from June 22-July 5, according to Steamworks screenshots

Forget planning for the beach, it’s time to get planning for the Steam Summer Sale. Thanks to screenshots from cavalier Steamworks users, we may see Valve running its seasonal sale from June 22 to July 5.

First posted by user deliteplays on the Steam subreddit and then corroborated by user Jelman21, Valve have communicated with Steamworks developers to inform them about the upcoming sale, in order for them to prepare deals and bundles ahead of time. While these dates were supposed to be confidential, it seems that Jelman21 did not get the message and decided to share the dates with the public.

As for how these dates got out, it’s most likely thanks to users being added to Steam Developer groups after getting access to a game’s alpha or beta via Kickstarter. Once they are in one of these internal groups, they are privy to sensitive information like the dates of upcoming Steam sales.

By posting these screenshots, both deliteplays and Jelman21 are technically breaking the NDA users must agree to before joining Steamworks. Seeing as there are so many Steamworks developers now, it was more a question of when these dates were going to leak out, rather than how

Apart from these potential dates, we know nothing else about this year’s Summer Sale. It’s fair to assume there will be some sort of gimmick like deciding daily sales based on whatever team Steam randomly assigned you, but no news on that has leaked yet. With a sale happening somewhere on a digital storefront almost every day, Steam will really have to offer some great deals if they want to make the most out of this year’s event.

Just like with any other info leak though, take things with a grain of salt and wait for official confirmation from Valve about this year’s Steam Summer Sale before you go offering your wallet on the altar of King Gabe. Even if the dates in these screenshots are correct, there is always a chance Valve may fudge them before the sale goes live.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Alan Wake is a mediocre game everyone should own. Its boring, repetitive, unimaginative, doesnt really work as Twin Peaks spiritual successor they once claimed to be, but still worth at least one playthrough.

Maybe I didn't give it a good try, but I couldn't stomach the game beyond the first boss. Very pretty to look at, yet the gameplay was pretty much braindead. If you're going to make action a big part of your horror game (which is a bad direction anyway), then at least make the action fun, right?

Kuattro

Augur

Mozg

Arcane
I got Dead Cells. Based on a couple hours it's got a great core, dunno if the content holds up (yet). I can't tell if fights with elites are supposed to be damage race chaos or if I just can't figure them out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom