Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How is Assassin's Creed Syndicate better than Unity?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
The consensus seems to be that it was a big improvement, at least from what I remember reading here. I'm curious as to why. I've been playing it for a little while, and it just seems to be the same shit. I think I may just be tired of this series.

Or is the talk of "improvement" mainly just referring to the performance issues Unity had at launch?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How buggy is it and how often are you forced to switch between the characters?

Paul_cz

Arcane
Syndicate is not really better. To me it was slightly worse. These games are graphic whore tourists simulators, and in that respect Unity is actually unbeaten, it looks insane.

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, Syndicate is an improvement but it is still a repetitive "been-there-done-that" game. If you managed to finish unity, you'll be so burned out by it that when you play syndicate, those memories will return and you think it's all the same. But if one goes to syndicate without having ever played unity, I guess it wouldn't be so boring.

But unity was terribly boring:

- The way the story unfolds, when you kill the targets, instead of that lame conversation you have with your victims (which were used until now in all previous games in the series), you now have a "vision" of flashbacks showing the victims involvement in the major mystery plot. It's never explained the reasons. Syndicate returned to the old style.

- Paris is beautifully recreated, and is enourmous. But you can only traverse it by parkouring. And sometimes horses. Syndicate has vehicles so you can move faster through london as in an GTA game, and parkouring is made more faster with the help of the grappling hook.

- Another complaint about Paris: it's french revolution everyday through the whole years the game takes place. Young Arno Dorian and old Arno Dorian can come in front of notre dame without passing through a riot crowd. Night and day. Syndicate has normal everyday behavior for its PEDs.

- Assassin's and templars are at a truce in Unity.

- The brothers in syndicate are more likable characters, and you're not forced at all to change between them anytime. There are specific missions for each character, but most of the missions are possible to do with any of them. And also there's a third main character you get to play with in a WWII london (another completely diferent map/part of the city). I at least adds some variety.

- Side quests are better in syndicate, but mostly because it makes sense in that context. It's still repetitive. But unity had the apparently great detective side quests, in which you had to investigate crime scenes and guess who is the real culprit. The catch? It was a guess work even when you gathered all evidence. There's never 100% information that you could fint to get the real criminal.

- Graphically, London and Paris are on par compared nest to each other. But Unity had a very low distance to change LOD detail. So you could have very ugly models and textures from a very shot distance.

- Unity had an overwhelming amount of microtransactions. It's impossible to unlock all pieces of clothes this game offer without spending some real money, or a couple of years of a lifetime playing this game. Syndicate toned that down to normal gaming levels.

3dfx

Barely Literate
First and maybe most importantly for a game...its WAY less buggy !
AC UNITY shouldnt even be considered a gold status game.

Modron

Arcane
Also never played any AssCreed, should I?
Eh probably not, if you are going to play one of them you should probably just play the second game before they decided they decided to pump them out annually.

Some people recommend Black Flag as well but I never played anything after Revelations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom