Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Battle Brothers

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Roxor doesn't like it?

Must be p. gud.

Wait, so PoE is good again?
clear.png
:bounce:

Reinhardt

Arcane
If you have a criminal brother (Thief, Raider, Killer on the Run etc) you may get an event where guards from House X come to take him away. You can fight/bribe/give up. HOWEVER, there is a fourth option: telling them "I'm friends with House X, so fuck off". That's only available IF you have high relations with a particular noble family

I think, you can also lie to them and tell that bro is dead, because he is scarred and disfigured now and looks nothing like before.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It helps to bear in mind that no one actually cares what the Codex nor any of its staff and regulars think about computer games—or about anything at all, for that matter. We're stingy, irrelevant old has-beens meriting approximately the same consideration as old men who spend their weekends playing checkers in the food court of a near-abandoned mall featuring only a GNC, a Bath and Body Works, three nail salons, two churches, a Chinese food kiosk, a dark and shuttered JC Penney's, and crippling depression.

Once you fully internalize this fact, you can learn to be more like our leader DarkUnderlord and give literally not even one single fuck about anything.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
He already answered: couldn't be arsed to use his brain while playing, picked perks at random, got his ass handed to him, decided to trash a good game out of spite. That sums it all up.

yeah i remember all the perks i picked at random 4 days into the game

"HUR DURR, MY BUILD IS JUST AS GOOD AS EVERY OTHER BUILD. EXCEPT MINE DOESN'T WORK

can you even read?

can you?

i suggest taking off your butthurt goggles

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I can see that I must have been mistaken about Infinitron's relevance, because he's deployed an ancient and painfully unfunny Reddit meme. Clearly, this is a man with two fingers on the pulse of the people.

Well, two can play at that game. I'm still hip!

vO2Yu.png

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, that's another trademark roxor review. Tryhard edgelordism meets genuine curiosity and inspection. That said, I've been something of a fan since the EA and I must admit that I came away a bit underwhelmed with the final release. There's just so much of the content that I felt needed for the game to really shine and was always expecting to show up that never made it. There is a lot to love and the whole setting, artstyle, gameplay and especially the battles are top notch. It does however feel a bit ligt. Buildings on the battle maps got cut, indoor areas like dungeons got cut, demon faction got cut, bridges on worldmap and battlemap got cut. All stuff that was shown and did not make it. And for me, that stuff would have made the difference between a flawed gem and a timeless classsic.

It's a great little game. Just not the amazing piece of incline I was hoping for.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Buildings on the battle maps got cut, indoor areas like dungeons got cut, demon faction got cut, bridges on worldmap and battlemap got cut. All stuff that was shown and did not make it.

Is that right? Any word if stuff might be added in future content updates or so?

UnknownBro

Savant
A very accurate review.

It's a shame really, maybe if they add mod support or balance the game and add more content this could become a decent game. As it is right now, playing it is an exercise in futility and with many frustrations along the way.

And thanks god for pirate-demo-bay.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Buildings on the battle maps got cut, indoor areas like dungeons got cut, demon faction got cut, bridges on worldmap and battlemap got cut. All stuff that was shown and did not make it.

Is that right? Any word if stuff might be added in future content updates or so?

It's pretty much all there in the BB thread. Perhaps some of it will show if there are ever any meaningful dlc/expansions. Mind you, that are a lot of ifs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom