Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

it's the only way the can declare themselves "world champion". only catch is that they're the only competitors, but still they are world champions.
anyway, i just grabbed the mako and i don't know if i can take more of this. the game is made to force you to walk with the witcher senses always on, at excruciatingly slow speed, and the scanner doesn't deactivate when you run, you have to activate it, look around, left click on stuff close enough to be scanned (and it have to be reeeeeeeal close), deactivate it, run to the next target, manually stop again if near it and repeat the process. just a simple "pressing g stops and activates scanner, pressing shift deactivates scanner and runs" would have been a HUGE improvement, i came out with this in 15 seconds, they haven't been able in 5 years.
this is the level of retardation we're dealing with.

Drakron

Arcane
it's the only way the can declare themselves "world champion". only catch is that they're the only competitors, but still they are world champions.

The World Series is a kinda of a joke as its only MLB and its even more hilarious since American League and National League that just show how fucking stupid the name is, Japan have their own League but LOL Baseball ... the only more hilarious thing is NFL Europe that very quickly became NFL Deutschland.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
So I've been reading that Autistic Sara has been patched and she's no longer Autistic Sara? Is this true? Did they update her animations or something?

And why is it that companies get a pass just releasing shit tier games and then "fixing" them later on with patches? I remember back in the day when you bought a game that was it. Consumer's are to blame here, if you'd just stop buying unfinished shit games they might get the message and say "hey maybe we should actually try on this game before we release it???"

my scott looks pretty autistic pretty often (patched game), and it's not even the standard model.
but anyway i have to give up, i get a crash after the first combat with pissbee and nothing works. it's not a matter of bad crack because it happens every time in a slightly different way, the game tries to load too much but can't and goes in timeout (on an ssd) and crashes. it's a sort of crash which is easy to fix when you're the programmer, even easier to not make it happen at all (lots of games have a delay to avoid it).
worse and worse.

up to now, to me the pinnacle has been the main villain who watches a video of the pathfinder using a computer, strikes the same pose and goes away pissed because it didn't work for him. golden.

Hellion

Arcane
Tried running the game again today for the first time after the major patches were implemented, expecting the worst. Twice I started it, twice my pc froze as soon as I tried traveling in space and I had to reboot. Wasn't disappointed.

Padzi

Arbiter
So I've been reading that Autistic Sara has been patched and she's no longer Autistic Sara? Is this true? Did they update her animations or something?

You can look at the update video and see the improvments:

And yeah they changed Sara's face, but she still looks bad.
I mean it's a little better but the aftertaste of the original version still lingers:
tumblr_opt8oc9Sfb1utb309o1_540.jpg

Lipstick is decline. Leave it to faggots to try fixing something with it.

Not sure why EA is bothering with funding further patching, though. They've already put the IP "on ice" (aka to sleep), so who's going to complain - legit mental patients "fans" still clinging to their dead gay-fi series? The damage's already been done, it seems.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I'm just dumbstruck over this whole debacle, the development, the release and the result.

It's as if there was no adult in charge anywhere. Not at EA, BW or BWMontreal. Nowhere anyone who said; stop this you idiots, this is all shit.

Grif

Learned
I'm just dumbstruck over this whole debacle, the development, the release and the result.

It's as if there was no adult in charge anywhere. Not at EA, BW or BWMontreal. Nowhere anyone who said; stop this you idiots, this is all shit.

I could conceivably believe that EA knew little of the shitshow they had in their hands UNTIL it shipped. Or if they knew, shipped it anyway because it was better than throwing away five(?) years of work. What they're likely more concerned about is datelines and whether or not they have a product to ship to begin with, as with typical corporate suits. I think Prospermeda is quite a cut and dry case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.

And why is it that companies get a pass just releasing shit tier games and then "fixing" them later on with patches? I remember back in the day when you bought a game that was it. Consumer's are to blame here, if you'd just stop buying unfinished shit games they might get the message and say "hey maybe we should actually try on this game before we release it???"

To be fair to Bioware they actually allowed Origin members to play for 10 hours before release and let them post the results on youtube. Anyone who bought the game after seeing the state it was in only have themselves to blame.

BTW the guys who make sports management games must be genius'. EA updates FIFA every year with a few tweaks and sells the same game back to the same customers. All the Sports Manager guys do is update the database, add a couple of flashy menu buttons a tweak to the highlights reel and they sell the same game back to the customer year on year.

Old news. Eternal problem of business - if we knew that 20 years ago we could've been as rich as EA now.

Yeah but the sports manager guys aren't in EA's pocket, yet they just buy licenses and update their database year on year, with tweaked menus and a few little bells and whistles. Can you imagine Baseball manager coming out with a full in game viewable interactive baseball game, where you could watch the game and scroll stats and make bench picks. It would blow the minds of the customers and sell another million more copies, but also cost less than making Sara Ryder not look like an autist. That's what I mean about sports manager guys and sports games having a cashcow and everyone doing ten times the work for half the buck.

There are already many mangerials for all the american sports.

But all are absolute garbage due to the dumb system of usa closed leagues. (no international competition, no actual minor leagues you can rise from mean 0 progression/ambition/fun, play like a million games/season for NOTHING due to dumb playoffs, the moronic playoffs "best 4 of 7", the drafting from college etc)

Yeah I know there are games out there but I haven't played them. My point was they sell well year upon year with the minimal work done to update the games. I was saying here that a realistic game engine in something like OOTP Baseball would help them shift a shitload more copies and get the fans giddy, yet it wouldn't take them anymore effort than a game like MEA making a sidequest and a few character models.

Basically I'm just pointing out that EA sells shit-tons of copies of their sports franchises which take little time and effort to update, compared to a new game like MEA, if EA comes to crunching the numbers they must see how pointless wasting time money and effort on Bioware is. Which is probably why they are trying to shift the ME games focus to MP shooters, the same as battlefront, as they can probably do without the costly single player campaign and just stick to updating bits and pieces in their MP shooter every-year, just like they do with FIFA and the sports franchises, sell a shitload of copies and have micro-transactions. Why would they bother wasting 5 years and millions of dollars anymore? It's not as if EA is trying to make games for anything other than profit.

You can look at the update video and see the improvments:

And yeah they changed Sara's face, but she still looks bad.
I mean it's a little better but the aftertaste of the original version still lingers:
tumblr_opt8oc9Sfb1utb309o1_540.jpg

Haven't even played the game and already Autistic Sara has grown on me. Feels like she's the face of the game, changing her is dumb and takes away from how special this dumpster bin game is.

now, seriously, jokes aside: the game is horrible, badly thought, badly programmed, badly written, one of the worst interfaces ever, i just can't think of a single redeeming aspect. but the ubisoft "endless collectables" scheme works, i can see people sticking to this turd because of "just another scan" syndrome. i dragged myself through the first planet because a friend of mine asked me to, she enjoys how i trash every aspect of this piece of crap, otherwise i wouldn't have stood it. it's just too much of a bad game.

fortunately i also just tried nier automata, and that looks like cool as fuck, despite the stupid looking enemies.

the space is completely wrong, "even if you stopped at elementary school" level wrong. and holy fuck even with the skip function it's an eternal suffering to move from object to object.
what's so special about planets?
armors look like ass. i mean, the one i'm using now has an integrated scarf. AN INTEGRATED SCARF.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I wonder what EA will use the BioWare brand for after BioWare bites the bullet (e.g. Origin being used for EA's Steam ripoff)

donkeymong

Scholar
now, seriously, jokes aside: the game is horrible, badly thought, badly programmed, badly written, one of the worst interfaces ever, i just can't think of a single redeeming aspect. but the ubisoft "endless collectables" scheme works, i can see people sticking to this turd because of "just another scan" syndrome. i dragged myself through the first planet because a friend of mine asked me to, she enjoys how i trash every aspect of this piece of crap, otherwise i wouldn't have stood it. it's just too much of a bad game.

fortunately i also just tried nier automata, and that looks like cool as fuck, despite the stupid looking enemies.

What Andromeda makes better then Mass Effect 2 and 3--> removal of the global cooldown for powers.

Tytus

Arcane
EA's (EA) fourth-quarter results are likely to show continued strength in its digital business, as well as the disc business, thanks to strong growth in upcoming games and strength from Mass Efect: Andromeda.

"Based upon industry sell-through data, we believe that EA sold-in at least 2.5 million units of Mass Effect: Andromeda, a March 21 release, for incremental revenue of $110 million, offsetting the new releases a year ago," Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter wrote in an investor note.

Analysts surveyed by Yahoo! Finance expect the company to earn an adjusted 75 cents a share on $1.09 billion in revenue for the period.

Over the past 12 months, shares of EA have gained nearly 48%, compared to the near 11% gain in the S&P 500.

Apparently according to the fourth-quarter results and Pachter, in two months Andromeda sold 2.5 mln units.
EA was predicting it would sell 3 mln in a week. No wonder they are pissed. Especially that the drop off after the bad PR shitstorm must be big and that the game went on sale already.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
2.5 mln units sales is great number.
That alone deserves at least one DLC expansion with quality level of Lair of the Shadow Broker and Directors cut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom